Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIRTUAL CURRENCIES RATHER THAN FIAT, IS IT POSSIBLE?  (Read 1593 times)
garypedroza (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:27:48 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 04:33:53 AM by garypedroza

“Why might citizens hold virtual currencies rather than physical dollars, euros, or sterling? Because it may one day be easier and safer than obtaining paper bills, especially in remote regions... The best response by central bankers is to continue running effective monetary policy, while being open to fresh ideas and new demands, as economies evolve.” - Christine Lagarde, the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)

Dollars, euro, rupiah, rupee, and other fiats are what we know as money. As technology gets mature, we find more efficient to use our money, which is e-money. In our daily life, we are starting to use e-money. When we go to office, we use Uber or Grab, and pay with Uberpay or Grabpay. When we commute, we use our cards. Slowly but sure, we are touching less and less paper money.

Now, here comes blockchain. A very newly-born technology that has acquired most attention about how to democratize our financial system. Well, most likely because Bitcoin keeps rising annually.  Blockchain is seen as a way to get capital from Initial Coin Offering (ICO). In a nutshell, ICO is today's IPO. It's way more simple and fast, and surprisingly it works beyond our expectation.

Like trade.io, one of successful ICO in 2017, which acquired more than 31 million dollars. Aiming to bridge the traditional financial system into modern technology, blockchain. Also, it provides ICO services to any company who intends to get capital. Trade.io just launched their unique exchange, which is customizable. This exchange will later trade commodities, forex and more. What more interesting is, all the profits generated from the exchange and their services, will be given back 50% to community owing Tradetoken (TIO). Further details: https://s.id/2cL8B

What virtual currency offers is something that can not be done by fiat: Democratize the Asset. We can be part of blockchain as the core of blockchain is their tokens, which we can own. With more and more companies come into blockchain, we are waiting for the best future of cryptocurrency.

https://i.imgur.com/KjQA0uZ.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:42:40 PM

thats why BITCOIN and BLOCKCHAIN was made by satoshi to be decentralized and have transparent peeer to peer transaction to everyone. if all factories, establishments, stores ETC. will allow to use crypto fiat will just simply fade away. and no one will used it anymore. but still it's a long way to go, hopefully im still living in this planet and witness what Satoshi invention can do in the future.

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:53:32 PM

I don't understand. Bitcoin and all other altcoins here are already considered virtual currencies. What is the use of converting US dollars in a token form? And besides, how will it help remote areas? Ofcourse we all know that digital currencies have its own limitations. Not at all times will it be useful for people especially in remote areas with very weak signals. Digital money needs internet ofcourse. The internet is like the human nerves - the passageway of information. If fiat money will be tokenized, people in the remotes areas won't be able to afford it unless internet connections are installed in their area.

garypedroza (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:24:24 AM

thats why BITCOIN and BLOCKCHAIN was made by satoshi to be decentralized and have transparent peeer to peer transaction to everyone. if all factories, establishments, stores ETC. will allow to use crypto fiat will just simply fade away. and no one will used it anymore. but still it's a long way to go, hopefully im still living in this planet and witness what Satoshi invention can do in the future.
I think fiat will stay exist, but the number of people using it will gradually decrease. Anyway, wishing us a long life and prosperity  Cheesy

I don't understand. Bitcoin and all other altcoins here are already considered virtual currencies. What is the use of converting US dollars in a token form? And besides, how will it help remote areas? Ofcourse we all know that digital currencies have its own limitations. Not at all times will it be useful for people especially in remote areas with very weak signals. Digital money needs internet ofcourse. The internet is like the human nerves - the passageway of information. If fiat money will be tokenized, people in the remotes areas won't be able to afford it unless internet connections are installed in their area.
Well, it MAY, as economies evolve, said Christine Lagarde. Personally, I think fiat will stay exist. But, people will slowly using other alternatives like crypto. And, fiat might be tokenized. But, isn't it already tokenized, in our bank? I mean you give your fiat to bank, you get e-fiat so you can transfer it to your friends, and when they cash out, they get fiat. Hmm..

What's new is the tokenization of asset. I mean now company's asset is tokenized, so the can get capital easily. To make ICO, is way possible and easier that to make IPO, like what trade.io is doing. If, say, I have a company and I want to get IPO-ed, while I'm still a small company, no connection to IPO guys, I think I prefer ICO. But again, regulation should be followed. And now, crypto exchange is following regulation, even they will start to trade forex and other traditional commodities, like what trade.io is doing. Anyway, why am I feeling like I am promoting trade.io  Grin Roll Eyes hahaha
richardeames

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:35:15 AM

“Why might citizens hold virtual currencies rather than physical dollars, euros, or sterling? Because it may one day be easier and safer than obtaining paper bills, especially in remote regions... The best response by central bankers is to continue running effective monetary policy, while being open to fresh ideas and new demands, as economies evolve.” - Christine Lagarde, the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)

Dollars, euro, rupiah, rupee, and other fiats are what we know as money. As technology gets mature, we find more efficient to use our money, which is e-money. In our daily life, we are starting to use e-money. When we go to office, we use Uber or Grab, and pay with Uberpay or Grabpay. When we commute, we use our cards. Slowly but sure, we are touching less and less paper money.

Now, here comes blockchain. A very newly-born technology that has acquired most attention about how to democratize our financial system. Well, most likely because Bitcoin keeps rising annually.  Blockchain is seen as a way to get capital from Initial Coin Offering (ICO). In a nutshell, ICO is today's IPO. It's way more simple and fast, and surprisingly it works beyond our expectation.

Like trade.io, one of successful ICO in 2017, which acquired more than 31 million dollars. Aiming to bridge the traditional financial system into modern technology, blockchain. Also, it provides ICO services to any company who intends to get capital. Trade.io just launched their unique exchange, which is customizable. This exchange will later trade commodities, forex and more. What more interesting is, all the profits generated from the exchange and their services, will be given back 50% to community owing Tradetoken (TIO).

What virtual currency offers is something that can not be done by fiat: Democratize the Asset. We can be part of blockchain as the core of blockchain is their tokens, which we can own. With more and more companies come into blockchain, we are waiting for the best future of cryptocurrency.

it's not hard to see that virtual currency based on cryptographic mechanism + programmable capability is the next form of money. However the shift will be gradually done over the next few years.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:10:32 AM

Our current fiat system is susceptible to counterfeiting and accounting fraud, which could both lead to its collapse. This just meant alternative financial paradigms are on the horizon, and this is were virtual currencies come in. These blockchain-aided cryptocurrencies are technically safer and highly secured than fiat currencies. And considering the incredible resilience of these cryptocurrencies, there is a chance that a virtual currency can indeed replace fiat. Then the citizens of this world can unite and transact globally with ease.
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:02:40 AM

And crypto have no barriers of borders or exchange rates. They are universal everywhere. This promotes free trade of goods and services. This also brings are globe together for collective interest.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:33:59 AM

Why can it not be possible. Already some of the companies such as Samsung and BMW are accepting BTC as a means of payment. Soon, fiat will be replaced by the crypto in the near future and the companies are bucking up for it, and so should we.
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:26:47 AM

with innovations and cashless policy creeping everywhere into the financial world,virtual currencies has become inevitable and fintech is taking over
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:17:36 PM

Nothing is virtually impossible in this world. I forsee that in the future, we would really depend more on virtual currency rather than fiat currency.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:18:32 PM

In current situation it is not possible however in the future itnwill. Maybe 10 or 20 years from now we can use virtual money in daily basis. Why we cant implement it today because not all people in the current situation is computer or crypto literate there are still alot of people who dont know how to use smart phones, comouters and crypto to be exact.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:23:11 PM

Paper money usage will continue to decrease, so we in fact already use digital money, why not it wil be a cryptocurrency? I think that can be in the future.

Brianlee0112

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

Virtual currencies are not only bright for the future for an advancement to living and ease for people, it is also a revolutionary upgrade to sustainable living. The ease of carrying money, without risk of theft,the continuous investment and returns, no conversion losses and a betterment of saving paper for printing cash. Virtual currency is an upgrade to lifestyle, and who doesn't want a better future? Fiat doesn't keep the option open for democratizing your assets, whereas crypto currency will.
Camster

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 10:13:48 PM

I think you are witnessing (in slow motion) crypto overtaking fiat currencies.  Adoption may be a bit slow but over time there will be no more fiat.  Fiat is on its deathbed as we speak.  Something else was needed to take its place.  Bitcoin.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:37:44 PM

Now, here comes blockchain. A very newly-born technology that has acquired most attention about how to democratize our financial system. Well, most likely because Bitcoin keeps rising annually.  Blockchain is seen as a way to get capital from Initial Coin Offering (ICO). In a nutshell, ICO is today's IPO. It's way more simple and fast, and surprisingly it works beyond our expectation.

Like trade.io, one of successful ICO in 2017, which acquired more than 31 million dollars. Aiming to bridge the traditional financial system into modern technology, blockchain. Also, it provides ICO services to any company who intends to get capital. Trade.io just launched their unique exchange, which is customizable. This exchange will later trade commodities, forex and more. What more interesting is, all the profits generated from the exchange and their services, will be given back 50% to community owing Tradetoken (TIO).

Indeed, with today's digital state where more and more of Bitcoin's advantages in every aspect, Bitcoin is profitable but the government has not accepted the whole as a world currency as it should, it may take more time to make it all happen. I hope to be controlled, Fiat is still an advantage, all have their respective advantages, the government still wants security for every user, just a matter of time to make it happen.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:16:59 AM

Low level shill for a likely shitcoin but I'll respond to the topic anywho:

Virtual currencies have already all but replaced paper money in Switzerland. It's likely that we'll see a paperless society quite soon. Cryptocurrencies will likely play a role in this, although I'd wager we'd be more  likely to see state-sanctioned crypto than abolition of state currencies in favor of decentralized cryptocurrencies.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:01:18 AM

For the remote region it will rise some concern, does the remote area got the internet coverage and does the popularity of the virtual currencies has reached their ears or not, one day we will reach the paperless currency but countries will not allowed decentralised currency to become their main currency, but I think without replacing fiat, virtual currency still have a good future
gizmodo1987

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:20:06 AM

It's possible the in the future we will have a cashless society. The cryptocurrency trend is booming now and many are adopting on it now. There's a big chance in far future I think. Smiley
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 02:47:02 AM

The virtual currencies or the cryptocurrencies are the digital coin that runs on blockchain system. Through cryptocurrency, transaction procedure has become  faster and safer. I believe that cryptocurrency is the future to the digital transaction system. One day every person in the world will realize this fact.
PureDefender

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

Well I think maybe people of using fiat money will be decrease gradually but it will exist always.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: