Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:16:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy Bitcoin with alts!  (Read 2367 times)
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

Lately the value of bitcoin again increased to 9,700 US dollars after previously had touched low enough level, which is $ 6,400 last month. While last December, bitcoin had touched its highest level to 20,000 US dollars.
No, Bitcoin didn't reached $9700 recently, it was only reached $8400 as highest since  many days ago.

For @Op, it's all people's decision, let them buy whatever they want. It's either from altcoin or FIAT, you shouldn't tell them what should they do with their money. As you can see since bitcoin price slightly recovered, Marketcap has increased to $300 trillion from $270 trillion
Trustor

Activity: 342
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 08:03:01 AM

Before coming into the cryptos people are requested to have the knowledge about the crypto scenario and at what and to what they are investing their money. The topic you have considered here is really nice and helpful to lots of people as really both the coins are equally important and they are fluctuating with an almost equal amount of rates. Buying both the coins will be right and converting them later will not be a good scenario as you know altcoins rates are going at a good rate, so converting them can cost a money profit over them which can make people lose money in the market.
coin_maker

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:25:38 AM

Yes, it does make it seem that the altcoins are being dumped. But then think of it this way, trading it for fiat is not a sensible move, because if we use the altcoins instead, it will increase their volumes in the market.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

Buying bitcoin with altcoins now is a terrrible move on the part of anyone, that is a loss waiting to happen right there. Bitcoin has moved up a lot where as the altcoins are still struggling. Most of them remain in the red, if you must make any trade then the trade would be for you to buy altcoins with bitcoin as you get more value for your money that way.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:46:15 PM

For starters, it really is obvious that fiat currency will be used to grab some bitcoin. If you are a trader, the best move to multiply your BTC is to trade it with altcoins that have potential in the market. That's pretty obvious and that is the true purpose of altcoins. That is why trading pairs are created right? I am trading some altcoins to BTC and I managed to multiply the numbers of BTC using EOS, DRGN, CREDITS, KCS, ETH and LTC. I am using those altcoins depending on how fast gainers they are.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:31:53 PM

you pointed out a really good point its is something everyone should consider and it will help to pump the market back up
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:03:47 PM

It might be a good way to help in upbringing the value of Bitcoin but what if selling altcoins is the only way to increase the number of Bitcoin in our portfolio, I think it is not bad at all, we have a different strategy to earn more profit, maybe someday if I will have enough fiat in my pocket, I will buy Bitcoin to help our crypto community.
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:08:22 PM

I also agree with your suggestion that it is better to buy bitcoin with fiat other than buying with altcoins because the rate at which altcoin are being sold affects the price and this is not allowing the price of altcoin to rice but if there is also high demand for altcoin, the price will rise. But in case if you do not have spare cash and you wish to buy bitcoin, you can sell some, not all and invest it into bitcoin.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 02:14:45 PM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!

As of now the limited people have exposure on cryptocurrencies and they are in dilemma to bet on which side either on Bitcoin or Altcoins. When altcoins are getting pumped everyone want to divert their money to altcoins which were in Bitcoins and vice versa but we are not seeing much flow as we expected. But we can expect to see fresh funds in near future.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

Perhaps some people dont have fiat to spare so they'll have to make do with what they have; that is, selling their alts. If you look at it positively, buying bitcoin using alts would reinforce btc's market dominance--which in turn brings up new investors confidence in this space.

BraveHeadlight

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:03:36 PM

Many people have been exchanging their Alts for BTC after BTC started to rise again recently, but they surely didn't think of spoiling the balance of the market rather only thought about their personal interests. People should be aware of how the market works and invest in fiat currency to make him alive. However, some Alts like EOS, NEO are still doing great in spite of such incidents.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 06:48:17 PM

It is always good to analyze market in terms of exchanges being made in terms of pump and dump from one crypto to other. Although the main point is to always check the prices when pumping or dumping, all cryptos highly rely on the price changes of BTC. So, if BTC goes up the altcoins tends to increase and vice versa. So, exchanges is not suppose to make much impact if you are switching to BTC. But, remember once you again switch back, altcoins will not have the same value, as it highly depends on BTC. So, profit and suggestive advice is keep yearning for BTC.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:55:48 PM

A lot of people playing the trading game, myself included, simply buy/sell depending on the market.

Altcoin does a pump, sell (which converts to btc).
BTC pumps, alt falls, buy back into alt using btc.

Now if it's a long-term hold on an alt, I agree, sort of risky to sell and hope you get out and back
in at just the right moment. But many alts are considered short-term plays... waiting for a pump/announcement and so on.

Just the way the game is played. Until/if alts disconnect from btc trading entirely, I don't expect it'll change.
jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:06:19 PM

This is really so, it's best to buy now for dollars or euros. To buy for the Altcoin, now it's very silly you will lose profit on the soon growing of all coins, and having bought for dollars you will get a good opportunity to get a double profit both on Bitcoin's growth and the growth of the entire market.
Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:10:47 PM

I'm trying to catch next big thing, so Im buying Bitcoin just so I could buy alts! And when I miss I buy Bitcoin again with that missed alt!  Grin

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:37:23 PM

I think now is a good time to buy bitcoin for fiat, as well as for the purchase of altcoins , the prices are very much dumped, although there is no guarantee that they will not dump again.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
hsyncl

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 07:40:46 PM

Absolutely I agree. It's definitely not the bottom of BTC but the bottom of it. Soon there will be a great atmosphere for the altars. People will start to make big profits. Later they will go to BTC and consolidate their profits.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 07:54:43 PM

bitcoin too pity if it should be sold and replaced to buy altcoin. Although indeed most altcoins start pulling its development for bitcoin crypto will always be with the results and potential best. thus save bitcoin and use for long term investment and do not sell it before its value is high. If you want to altcoin then use the new capital to buy it.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:59:55 PM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!
Most of them will panic sell altcoin and buy bitcoin. That is inevitable. Not many people can buy directly with FIAT. So we have seen altcoin bleeding and bitcoin prices are rising constantly
Disculinair

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:07:07 PM

Agreed, I think holding altcoins would be beneficial for the market overall, that way you would give more importance to other coins and at the same time you would give them the chance to grow even more, promoting competition between projects.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: