Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy Bitcoin with alts!  (Read 2367 times)
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:55:09 PM

Yeah good point. It's better to buy bitcoins with fresh fiat funds. Whenever btc is pumping, alts tend to dip significantly because many people don't mind selling their alts for cheap price to get btc coz they feel the btc value will increase. This is not good for the global market.
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:33 PM

So what if you don't have any other money expect the one you have in cryptos? will you go and borrow fiat to invest? I guess you won't advise anyone to do that, the good thing is that when bitcoin is pump, it will create great hype, many people with fiat will join then those money been moved to btc will return back to altcoins again making the altcoins to go high.

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:44:01 AM

So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!
It's been a common strategy for traders to sell short their own tokens and buy back at lower price to increase the number of tokens in their portfolio. The only difficulty is executing the strategy in the right time. Thus if you are an experienced traders you don't to fiat to buy btc just short your own token for btc and buy back at lower price.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:50:47 AM

I agree, if you buy bitcoin with altcoin then we will destroy altcoins, and if altcoins do not exist then it is certain that the future of crypto becomes dark and immediately disappear.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:51:47 AM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!

People can use any strategy to support their crypto activity, you can push people to do that. Your explanation is good but unfortunately people have little knowledge about FIAT and they always use altcoin to get bitcoin, from this activity market has moving, good for us I believe. Let them decides what the best for them, as long the have good result everything will be fine. Agree??

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:33:42 AM

Yes, it does make it seem that the altcoins are being dumped. But then think of it this way, trading it for fiat is not a sensible move, because if we use the altcoins instead, it will increase their volumes in the market.
It seems to have a point. Buying butcoin with alts make alt to increase their volume that cause for it to dump the price in the market. But people think thatit is more easy to have bitcoin with alts because in exchange, it is what used to have mostly. We are working on this thread to gain earning and that what we earn from rewards can be a way to have bitcoin. And there is no way for token to buy with local currency though.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:45:15 AM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!
maybe you have a point, i should think about that. anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts out loud Smiley need to find FIAT then, that's the trouble Grin
indeed now the price of bitcoin and altcoin is still not stable and many people are waiting for the price of bitcoin and altcoin back because bitcoin prices have declined since the beginning of last January and until now there are many people waiting for altcoin and bitcoin prices, therefore you malarang me to buy bitcoin and altcoin

triforce03

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

Thanks for your advice my friend, I am also speculating that because I notice that the price of Etherium is stagnant as well as other altcoins while Bitcoin is raising its value significantly. I bought again  Bitcoin from the moment it went down to 5,800$ and luckily I bought at that price when I saw the market went to 8000$
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:54:42 AM

Yep they should do that buying bitcoin with fiat, not converting in bitcoin with their altcoins we still facing the crisis of the market, what if bitcoin is down? is the altcoins will increase? lol.
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:58:50 AM

Most people working with cryptocurrencies need to sell altcoins in order to get Fiat, so a dump will be in any case.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:11:00 PM

it is the other way around, and it has always been like this and will most probably remain the same. people don't buy altcoins, they invest their bitcoin in altcoins so that they can increase it. it is like investing your money in stocks although here is more like penny stocks. and then when the time comes you abandon altcoins and go back to the original money which is bitcoin.
and that is why people are dumping altcoins.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
wirosableng

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:14:00 PM

it is the other way around, and it has always been like this and will most probably remain the same. people don't buy altcoins, they invest their bitcoin in altcoins so that they can increase it. it is like investing your money in stocks although here is more like penny stocks. and then when the time comes you abandon altcoins and go back to the original money which is bitcoin.
and that is why people are dumping altcoins.
But there is a good way to help raise the value of Bitcoin but what if selling altcoin is the only way to increase the amount of Bitcoin in our portfolio, I think it's not bad at all, we have different strategies to generate more profits, maybe one day later if i will have enough fiat in my pocket i will buy Bitcoin to help our crypto community.
valter_dego

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:17:37 PM

I agree with author of post, now do not need sell altcoins and after buy Bitcoin. Altcoins will also grow in near future and you will lose profit. If you want buy Bitcoin - use fiat. It's better buy crypto during fall rate and during growth rate - sell.
ImpulseGhost

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:34:28 PM

I think fresh money is very much needed in the market of economy. Bit coin should be bough with fiat money not alts, and alts are dumped in value so there is no reason for anyone to sell bitcoin with alts. Buy it with fiat.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:07:44 PM

Yes, I agree with your opinion. As you said that buying BTC with fiat money will help. Currently the total market cap of all cryptocurrency coin is decreasing. This is due to many investors who mendumping their tokens and withdraw their investment results on a large scale. So should more people invest in crypto like this.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Baxta

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:49:31 PM

Show how to do it on your example?
Where do people get free fiat funds if they have long been invested in crypto-currencies?

code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:46:28 PM

You probably do not know, but from such small purchases nothing will be on the market. So I don't think your proposal is relevant.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:22:21 PM

I think that it is not only in the crypts and even in the market,as many projects are now in the ass,due to the fact that speculate very took it down,but I believe that he strelnet ocenol much and will be crazy growth
dommerty

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:57:09 PM

Now the market is so unpredictable. They are interrelated, and very closely. It is worth looking at the behavior of the market in the past: where bitcoin, there and altcoins. The higher the price and total amount of finance in bitcoin, the more investment in other altcoins.
javierherr79

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:59:40 PM

Cheesy Funny. So if people don't have FIAT, they shouldn't be selling alts? Everyone has right to do what he feels is best for him, not you.

I don't sell alts, I hold them, since I believe they can bring me 10x, can BTC do that? Who knows, but chances are slim. (IMO)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: