Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:57:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy Bitcoin with alts!  (Read 2367 times)
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:16:59 AM

We were initially introduced to bitcoin as it is the fundamental coin in cryptocurrency market, thus most of the traders buy altcoins only for a limited time to make profits with bitcoin later after selling altcoins.
Also, some traders feel safe to buy a coin using altcoin and not with fiat
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 03:29:30 AM

might be okay if altcoin converted in bitcoin but certainly also don't completely. This is because the altcoin also has a development well so pretty dear when passed and just rely on the bitcoin. purchase with fiat is also a good thing if you have the funds for it.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:32:19 AM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!
Your opinion came to my mind, so it seems that this is happening in the crypto market now, my friend. Investors prefer to buy Bitcoin with their Altcoin, and this might make supply and demand unbalanced in the crypto market
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 04:36:06 AM

It seems many people are speculating the rise of BTC and therefore are transfering value from alts to BTC. But if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT! Fresh new funds are needed on the market! You are dumping alts making prices dump hard and maybe are speculating you will be able to buy more of the alts later on, but what idiot will selll it to you at that dumped price?? So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!

a lot of people are out of fiat. i am about to get back into btc with a lot of fiat though
xhibit1

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:36:59 PM

well you have a point by bringing up this issue. Not even dumping the price of alts is the main issue here. The main issue is that these alts we dump to buy bitcoins would later in the future appreciate in value.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 05:50:11 PM

This is correct. Alts will dump when weak traders sell off for btc then when btc stabilizes or starts another dump they jump back into buying alts. It's a ridiculous merry-go-round that will leave us in the same level as we are. New money is needed to push btc price well

AzrailBogov

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 07:13:49 PM

I agree with it. I always bought bitcoins for fiat. And so I keep my alcoins, which in a short time can bring good profits
ataki

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:27:41 PM

On the bear market when BTC has 52% dominance it is not bad idea to sell alts and buy BTC as it has lost the less
from it`s value during this decline. In January it had 34 % dominance so if you sold your alts and buy BTC now can
buy back alts cheaper. For example in January for 9 ETH I could buy one BTC  and now I need 24 ETH for a single BTC.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:36:01 PM

I understand your argument and it seems right but the fact is we can't control how people choose to do with their own hard earned coins. Probably, if I think switching to btc will be the best option, I don't know why that should be a bother

singularcrypto

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:00:04 AM

I think and I expect that the main reason why you don't buy Bitcoin with that alternative coin. Because many fraudsters are spread in businesses and industries like this. I didn't believe it too, but there were many victims with this fraud. So we only prevent ourselves from danger. and hopefully that doesn't happen to us.
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:03:37 AM

Lately the value of bitcoin again increased to 9,700 US dollars after previously had touched low enough level, which is $ 6,400 last month. While last December, bitcoin had touched its highest level to 20,000 US dollars.

The fact that Bitcoin in 2018 is All Time Down is around 5800 USD.
And the cryptocurrency market loses its value of 500,000,000 USD and it's very sad, but I hope it will recover again next year.
romeo88

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:19:12 AM

Those who sell altcoins into bitcoin are to take profits. Their goal is to earn as much Bitcoin as possible. In the end they are the ones who make a lot of money
jingyu141

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:23:38 AM

The volatility of this market is very large. At present, the whole market has fallen to a bottom. I believe that investing in cryptocurrency is now a very good choice.
tronghai12345

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:27:38 AM

Alts are affected by bitcoin. If you can manage to sell alts and buy bitcoin I would suggest you do it. I think this is the way to go with alts anyway. Bitcoin is a better coin than most altcoins at least in the long run.
four199

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

Well good point. It is better to buy bitcoin with new fiat funds. Whenever btc is pumped, the alts tend to drop significantly because many people are not afraid to sell their alts cheaply to get btc coz they feel the btc value will increase. This is not good for the global market.
MsBella_120799

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:12:29 PM

So if you want BTC, buy it with FIAT or at least don't expect to buy back more of the alts for cheap!...Although the main point is to always check the prices when pumping or dumping, all cryptos highly rely on the price changes of BTC...
RistirP

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:48:20 PM

I think it's too late to sell altcoins, this should have been done earlier. Now is the right time to buy altcoin.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:51:38 PM

Do not agree with you.
Why you can´t buy BTC with alts? It is my main strategy, exchange alts to BTC, or, unfortunately ETH. But now, I blame myself for ETH, it would much better to go only for BTC.

And, I got a moto - do not invest fiat in crypto.
sergej.dubynin

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:03:03 PM

Totally agree these people just kill the market, so that increase the domination of the bitcoin market. We need new money in the market, then the market will turn and we will all make a profit.

((     M  I  N     ))    inMIN.it
    TIME BASED CRYPTOCURRENCY   
██    ICO Pre-Sale : October, 2018    ██
sandgluenick

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:48:23 PM

Do not agree with you.
Why you can´t buy BTC with alts? It is my main strategy, exchange alts to BTC, or, unfortunately ETH. But now, I blame myself for ETH, it would much better to go only for BTC.

And, I got a moto - do not invest fiat in crypto.
That's right, I also disagree with this because my personal goal of being a prize hunter is to raise capital so I can buy BTC. because we know that Bitcoin can die at any time, it is advisable to buy BTC with a prize coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: