Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:03:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt coins to avoid?  (Read 2344 times)
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

there is only one coin to rule them all

dogecoin
i can tell you this, the altcoin you don't want to avoid is dogecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

dogecoin

translation: avoid dogecoin
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:08:00 PM

Well avoid scams like Wolong's PandaCoin
FalconCrypto

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:26:20 PM

I came here to this forum to get a NEM stake. Then, I have also been reading of other coins and buying some of them.

What I don't understand is why some Bitcoin supporters feel only Bitcoin is good. This makes no sense to me. How did you get into Bitcoin if you are so close minded. It is a paradox, right?

It's amazing to me. You were open minded, forward thinking, and joined a revolution. Then, this way of thinking just disappeared? No. It did not. I don't believe it, so this just brings me to two conclusions. You are lying. Or, you are so scared of Bitcoin failing that you are delusional.

It's impossible for this many people to just change from what they were, into what they were against in the first place. Maybe a few. But I have found that the more coins that are under your user name, the more suspect you are. Not all, but a see a trend here that's for sure.

So you are all that freaked out that these new coins will steal Bitcoins thunder!! L-O-L

So, let me give you some perspective from a new person. You look extremely transparent, and I think other new people see it too. This hurts Bitcoin!! It makes me think, and I'm sure others too, that you know some weakness of Bitcoin that I have yet to notice.

When you buy and altcoin, don't you use Bitcoin to do it. I heard some one say it is the reserve. I heard someone say that it is the king of coins. You hold Bitcoin. It is THE coin of coins. So what are you so scared of?

OK, yes, many of these coins are not going anywhere. But people can still make money some of them. Oh, I know, thinking like this HURTS the movement. Give me a break, the last thing you people care about at this point is the movement. That's beyond obvious. If I hear one more person say that Dogecoin is going to scare people away from Bitcoin I'm going to puke.
Come on man. REALLY? If Bitcoin was that weak none of us would be here and you all KNOW IT!

Also, there are going to be other coins that are going to rise to general public awareness with Bitcoin. That's just a fact. It will not only be one. It never is one. But we have a Bitcoin ATM popping up in Austin and Seattle now. I see something on Bitcoin in the mainstream media all the time now. It's a success!!

When I see Bitcoin in the media now, I always read the comments. 9 out of 10 of them sound just like you sound. They are negative and sound close minded. They have their fingers in their ears and scream NO, WHAT A JOKE, YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY. etc. They are talking about Bitcoin, saying Fiat is the only way. YOU are talking about Alts, saying Bitcoin is the only way.

Am I going to become just like you if NEM or one of the other Alts I bought happens to go big? If I do please, you heard it here first, I want you new people with one coin under your user name to come throw tomatoes. Thanks!!

+ 1 f'ing thousand!!
minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

I came here to this forum to get a NEM stake. Then, I have also been reading of other coins and buying some of them.

What I don't understand is why some Bitcoin supporters feel only Bitcoin is good. This makes no sense to me. How did you get into Bitcoin if you are so close minded. It is a paradox, right?

It's amazing to me. You were open minded, forward thinking, and joined a revolution. Then, this way of thinking just disappeared? No. It did not. I don't believe it, so this just brings me to two conclusions. You are lying. Or, you are so scared of Bitcoin failing that you are delusional.

It's impossible for this many people to just change from what they were, into what they were against in the first place. Maybe a few. But I have found that the more coins that are under your user name, the more suspect you are. Not all, but a see a trend here that's for sure.

So you are all that freaked out that these new coins will steal Bitcoins thunder!! L-O-L

So, let me give you some perspective from a new person. You look extremely transparent, and I think other new people see it too. This hurts Bitcoin!! It makes me think, and I'm sure others too, that you know some weakness of Bitcoin that I have yet to notice.

When you buy and altcoin, don't you use Bitcoin to do it. I heard some one say it is the reserve. I heard someone say that it is the king of coins. You hold Bitcoin. It is THE coin of coins. So what are you so scared of?

OK, yes, many of these coins are not going anywhere. But people can still make money some of them. Oh, I know, thinking like this HURTS the movement. Give me a break, the last thing you people care about at this point is the movement. That's beyond obvious. If I hear one more person say that Dogecoin is going to scare people away from Bitcoin I'm going to puke.
Come on man. REALLY? If Bitcoin was that weak none of us would be here and you all KNOW IT!

Also, there are going to be other coins that are going to rise to general public awareness with Bitcoin. That's just a fact. It will not only be one. It never is one. But we have a Bitcoin ATM popping up in Austin and Seattle now. I see something on Bitcoin in the mainstream media all the time now. It's a success!!

When I see Bitcoin in the media now, I always read the comments. 9 out of 10 of them sound just like you sound. They are negative and sound close minded. They have their fingers in their ears and scream NO, WHAT A JOKE, YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY. etc. They are talking about Bitcoin, saying Fiat is the only way. YOU are talking about Alts, saying Bitcoin is the only way.

Am I going to become just like you if NEM or one of the other Alts I bought happens to go big? If I do please, you heard it here first, I want you new people with one coin under your user name to come throw tomatoes. Thanks!!

agree!

I think it's just a matter of time before one of these 'alts' overtakes bitcoin. 

Let's be honest if bitcoin were launched today, I don't think it would fare so well.  Single SHA2 hash, where ASIC's can dominate, and 10 minute block times are a flawed economic model.  I think it will always be around, but in this highly competitive space of growing currencies Im guessing there is one that will pass BTC.

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

agree!

I think it's just a matter of time before one of these 'alts' overtakes bitcoin. 

Let's be honest if bitcoin were launched today, I don't think it would fare so well.  Single SHA2 hash, where ASIC's can dominate, and 10 minute block times are a flawed economic model.  I think it will always be around, but in this highly competitive space of growing currencies Im guessing there is one that will pass BTC.

I agree with these guys.  I'm surprised this thread wasn't flooded by more Bitcoin only people.  Just do your research on Alt coins before you pick one or a few.  Are you mining or buying?  Do you plan on keeping or selling?  There are a lot of variables to go by.  If you just started mining, I would mine profitable alts until you get your original investment back and then go from there. 

In a forum like this, you will get people responding to the coins they like, have a ton of or are a part of.  Honestly no one knows what coin will blow up.  So many have been hyped.  Becareful whose advice you listen to.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
DanielVG

Activity: 266

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:11:07 PM

thanks for the info
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

dogecoin

translation: avoid dogecoin
correction: go doge
Jomppe

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:35:15 PM

All the other coins except WorldCoin.
This coin has a huge potential and the price is about to go to new levels.
moriartypants

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:47:00 PM

The only altcoins you MUST avoid are the ones that nobody else will take.

If it is on exchange, its useful to somebody:  Daytraders at least.  That doesn't mean you should deal with them though.  Do your own research and don't get too heavy into any of them until you know what you are doing and most of all UNDERSTAND HOW CRYPTO SUPPLY AND DEMAND works.   Don't treat a crypto like a pure stock or a pure commodity.  It's kind of both, and each one has its own S&D rules.   You can get seriously burned if you ignore one of these aspects.

That said, WorldCoin has given me nothing but tears and I don't expect it to turn around soon.   (of course, crypto moves so fast this doesn't mean much)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:50:17 PM

this topic or similar is posted non stop here.. maybe use the forum search function ? it might give better answers than what your getting here lol
you will notice that if you did you would see people proclaiming a different variety of coins as best stretching back over time.
think about why..

unless you go do your own homework you will not be able to appreciate or value any advice your given here most likely.

ask your self how low will you go.. what is your level of morality ?
we don't all agree what is acceptable and what is not and although i started close to a year ago roughly
i have found my level of morality and what i will and won't do or get involved in changes over time up and down.. it's a learning process.

if you have to ask then i say all of them because you would not ask unless you were not ready.. get reading Wink

beware Dog coin it's fueled by nothing but hype and could collapse in on it's self taking peoples money with it.. ANY Time !

and the whole Altcoins will take over Bitcoins place routine i think is a wet dream by the delusional.
*maybe *if one could be a substantially better alternative but i don't see how that can be done *yet.. and none that ARE made fit that requirement.

FUD first & ask questions later™
hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:51:05 PM

All the other coins except WorldCoin.
This coin has a huge potential and the price is about to go to new levels.
Don't you mean back to old levels  Wink
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:48:54 PM

Very few to avoid actually!

People on here say avoid clones - why? They are no less technically sound than the coins they are cloned on.
Many clones have more sensible attributes like block frequency and rewards.

Anyone still claiming DOGE should be ignored should not be in the business of investing! You need to put prejudices to one side.

Even coins that started out under a cloud either unfairly (Quark) or actually (Frozen) are able to have issues worked through by their communities and stakeholders and shine through.

I think that, here, in Q1 2014 we are still in a very nascent market and the 'blue fuse paper' of mainstream take-up is yet to be visited on us. I think one or two of these currencies with interesting investment models will break through to mainstream (like Ripples or PTS) and will be taken into mainstream very quickly, These will see capitalisations in the hundreds of $Billions. As these are open source these innovations will flash over to the Alts and I guess that most of the alts we see on CoinMarketCap will see capitalisations of tens of $Billions.

Many, many people will regret mining alts and changing straight to BTC!  Huh

All this could happen Q4 this year.  Smiley
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:40:43 AM

Very few to avoid actually!

People on here say avoid clones - why? They are no less technically sound than the coins they are cloned on.
Many clones have more sensible attributes like block frequency and rewards.

Anyone still claiming DOGE should be ignored should not be in the business of investing! You need to put prejudices to one side.

Even coins that started out under a cloud either unfairly (Quark) or actually (Frozen) are able to have issues worked through by their communities and stakeholders and shine through.

I think that, here, in Q1 2014 we are still in a very nascent market and the 'blue fuse paper' of mainstream take-up is yet to be visited on us. I think one or two of these currencies with interesting investment models will break through to mainstream (like Ripples or PTS) and will be taken into mainstream very quickly, These will see capitalisations in the hundreds of $Billions. As these are open source these innovations will flash over to the Alts and I guess that most of the alts we see on CoinMarketCap will see capitalisations of tens of $Billions.

Many, many people will regret mining alts and changing straight to BTC!  Huh

All this could happen Q4 this year.  Smiley

Your comment is a solid block of bullshit.. i don't even know where to start, but i will try lol
I don't appreciate you spreading just pure garbage to new users either.

First off clones are regarded as bad because they are what the word says.. so what in gods name does that tell you ?
Community ? there is no communities, this word is tossed around here a lot by scam coin supporters mostly and it's bullshit !
Any scammy clone coin that gets enough page hits is deemed a community now by cheerleaders looking to pump up their coin and their wallet
and their so called community doesn't exist ! All they are users of this forum that posted on a topic and started mining trading a bad scam coin clone
AND they will scatter and leave the coin for dead when something else soon comes along that has a shinier icon or funnier name or makes them more $ mining.

Quark ?
Your one of them eh ? Ever since you new guys a few months ago showed up you all started hyping Quark hard and some of you started a disinformation campaign too
spreading out right lies and since enough of you did, that many more believed it sadly.. Quark was in fact launched fairly and i know i was here the day it was..
Fair quark on the other hand is NOT fair at all and is a premined scam coin clone.. Quark was not premined and it was launched just as fairly as other coins.

You and all the other people like you run around here spreading nothing but bullshit all over and i'm tired of it.

And no one claimed Doge should be ignored.. people like me have begged you cheerleaders to be honest about the coin publicly
and also warned new users to exercise caution with that coin because it in fact offers NOTHING and
is fueled on hype and will most likely collapse hard burning a lot of people anytime.
There is no prejudice at all you simply don't have the mental capacity to understand what is being said to you no matter how it's explained.
Many of us have the experience and common sense to see how these coins play out like a broken record and when it's explained to you
you guys post some meme jpeg and then say oh well.. your just mad and jealous.

sorry but you shouldn't be giving anyone advice at all... not when you say dumb shit like Quark was unfair and Fairquark is.. that sums up your level of blind retardation !

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:54:37 AM

The thread title should be: Which alt coins not to avoid?
Because the number of the ones that you should stay away from is quite high and growing everyday with each new shitcoin release.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
brooklynite

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:26:04 AM

You dont avoid or not avoid. I dont know what you mean by avoid. Are you going to hang out with coins? Are you going to EAT them? Are you going to pass by them in a narrow hallway? Maybe its a language barrier.

You mine these shitcoins based on momentary profitability (find using coinwarz etc). Then as you mine you convert to BTC and every few hours you switch coins. For every MH/S you should be able to make 0.010BTC/day. And 0.015BTC if you spend hours and hours reading and finding new coins on these forums. Thats all that matters.

Altcoins are temporary tools to make you BTC using Graphic Cards. Thats all they are. Pure tool, solid junk. They are designed to pull those precious BTCs out of the hands of those who were smart enough to mine BTC in 2009.

NONE of these ALTCOINs will be a "currency" in the future. Well BTC, DOGE will and maybe LTC.

Once you mined the most profitable altcoin, and converted to BTC. Then you can think about if you want to buy an ALTCOIN or keep the BTC (aka avoid altcoins) . You will lose a lot of money on PAND garbage before you hit one DOGE and make 10% so be careful with trading.
brooklynite

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

No Guts, No Glory!

Though I prefer to invest in coins that have survived for more than 6mths.

I say Bitcoin, Worldcoin, Vertcoin are worth investing, in that order for both risk and reward!

WorldCOIN?Huh that has one of the worst reputations here. lol
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:23:54 AM

The thread title should be: Which alt coins not to avoid?
Because the number of the ones that you should stay away from is quite high and growing everyday with each new shitcoin release.

what no trolling ? had your fill today ?

@brooklynite
i was going to agree with you for the most part until you said..

NONE of these ALTCOINs will be a "currency" in the future. Well BTC, DOGE will and maybe LTC.

Seriously ? Do you actually believe for real in all honesty ? tell me your trolling because that is simply disturbing.

and at least i can agree on WDC.. it's a pile of crap that got noobs hyped up recently for some reason
i just ignored it though.. no point in saying anything..
These little worms simply wear us down until we give up.. many older guys just left and never post anymore :/
Stupid greedy brain dead brats apply so much pressure many people just say screw it and wander off.
But i will me laying down some i told you so's with a blood thirsty vengeance i can assure you all Smiley

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

Any altcoin named must be avoided.

You don't need to spam the name of a coin for it to succeed.

You will learn the lesson the hard way.
Jomppe

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:32:16 PM

Definetely those altcoins that have unlimited coin supply. They are like investing in USD or euros.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: