Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:15:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for a crypto noob?  (Read 259 times)
adansonia (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:03:21 PM

After a bit of hassle before been able to join this platform, glad to be finally here  Smiley. Basically, I am here to socialize, learn stuff about cryptos and probably conduct businesses (hopefully). So, here is my first learner's question;

What is that single, best advice you would give to a crypto noob?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:25:36 PM

After a bit of hassle before been able to join this platform, glad to be finally here  Smiley. Basically, I am here to socialize, learn stuff about cryptos and probably conduct businesses (hopefully).
I think you're in the wrong place, this is not a business platform to do your businesses.

I can give you a five ideas instead of single,

• Read
  • Read
  • Read

Repeat above cycle Cheesy
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:47:23 PM

This makes it #6  Smiley

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
adansonia (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:30:46 PM

I think you're in the wrong place, this is not a business platform to do your businesses.
Perhaps I can do without the business part. I will take learning and socializing over everything else... off to another reading session  Cheesy
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:59:37 PM

After a bit of hassle before been able to join this platform, glad to be finally here  Smiley. Basically, I am here to socialize, learn stuff about cryptos and probably conduct businesses (hopefully). So, here is my first learner's question;

while all of the above is correct and you should probably start there. I would like to share 2 most important (in my eyes) things I learned in crypto:

Most important - never follow anybody`s advice when it comes to investing (aka always do your own research)

- be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful (aka don`t buy when the market is high, buy during the bear market when everything is going down)

hope this helps

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
CryptRoller

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 09:00:58 PM

I agree, reading, asking and learning are most important. Don't forget to get your information from as much different sources as possible. There are a lot of people out there with their own version of the truth.
Don't be afraid to ask (but try not to ask things without some effort in searching yourself).
Don't feed the trolls, ignore them.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                              
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

Always Do your own research.

You have to depend on yourself although you are asking for advise, if its about trading and what coin to follow, DYOR.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
wvizmanos

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

Joining a "local" telegram group helps me a lot getting updates, suggestions and eventually deciding for myself what I have to do.
krisssssy01

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:20:34 AM

As a newbie too..all i can say is learn from your mistakes...it's inevitable! Research is not enough. Crytocurrency is so volatile.
YGRJ

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:40:48 AM

i also a newbie here
for me
read, learn and share
repeat and repeat

iLink2Music.co     ●     PRE-ICO LIVE     ●     J O I N   U S
|   THE POWER TO SHARE & CONNECT GLOBAL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT   |
Make.a.Deal

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:59:30 AM

Read books about cryptocurrency in general and about single coins/tokens in particular. Want to trade? Learn how to trade! If you want make easy money just pay attention to new coins and invest in it and HODL. I'm sure this is the right strategy to make some cash if you want to  Cool
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:20:53 AM

Read, learn, and always do your own research to verify what you have read and learn. 
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

First of all welcome on this board, this poem is all about seeking the knowledge regarding Bitcoin, altcoin and blockchain technology. I would recommend you to invest your time in learning and understanding what this industry is all about. Even though Bitcoin was started 9 years ago, this entire industry is still in the initial phase of development so I would still consider you as an early adopter and hence you have a set of infinite opportunities.

Don't waste your time in looking for free money, seek the maximum knowledge (this platform will definitely help you) and you can use that knowledge and experience to make a money in the future. Don't skip this step if you are really concerned about this technology. Gaining knowledge is a continuous process and I believe I still have huge things yet to explore.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:30:11 AM

First of all, search and learn. There are too many sources to find crypto tutorials. Don't start anything before the learning. Because there are too many scammers in this crypto world. Then you have to be safe. Please don't share your wallet private keys anywhere.
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:33:34 AM

Search and learn from forums and trusted sites. Always compare and research first before believing to some news. Don't invest to something that will make you earn big and fast.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:44:29 AM

i also a newbie here
for me
read, learn and share
repeat and repeat

No, Please do not be eager to share if nobody requested advice in that topic.
Make sure, if you share then it should be original ( no copy -paste)
Still you decided to share the other work then do not forget to cite the reference.

Basically, I am here to socialize, learn stuff about cryptos and probably conduct businesses (hopefully).

Below is the correct board for doing business  (+ Child Boards)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0

Follow the forum rules, invest sensibly (Time or Money).

• Read
  • Read
  • Read

Post and then learn.
 Don't you think order is wrong?

I am alive
Robbio

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:53:42 AM

There are no good suggestions. First of all, I think you should read more healthy articles, don't rush to invest, learn more, and discuss cryptocurrencies with friends!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 07:54:11 AM

Welcome to Bitcoin Talk, and I hope that we haven't given you the wrong impression about the forum. The forum is really here to promote Bitcoin, and other major crypto currencies, and to help new members to use Bitcoin in their daily lives, or as an investment for the future. Unfortunately, there is a lot of promotion of the forum on Twitbook and other social platforms so beloved by the spammers and scammers, and this has given us a major problem. The flood of economic migrants seem to think that the forum owes them a living if they spam and pollute the boards. They learn nothing, and by constantly keeping their heads down looking for pennies in the gutters, they miss the bright sun in the sky overhead.

Probably the first thing to learn is the merit system here. Many new members don't bother to read about it, and keep asking the same questions. This is extremely annoying. I wrote a description of the merit system, and you can read the article here -
https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/articles/the-bitcoin-talk-merit-system

It's on my blog, and you can find more information about my activities as a Bitcoin Talk merit source there.

Be careful if you are considering trading Bitcoin, the price is extremely volatile, and it can move 20% or more in an hour. You should do a lot of research before risking any cash. There are some boards here with very experienced traders posting on them, but they can be a bit daunting, and many opinions seem to be wishful thinking, raather than the result of objective research.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Srujan007

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:05:54 PM

Read , Analyze , critical thinking , find difference between reality and FOMO or FUD.Ones you invest learn to HODL as day trading is very risky.Jump to new boat only if you have trusted information which works on your favour.
Srujan007

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:10:39 PM

Welcome to Bitcoin Talk, and I hope that we haven't given you the wrong impression about the forum. The forum is really here to promote Bitcoin, and other major crypto currencies, and to help new members to use Bitcoin in their daily lives, or as an investment for the future. Unfortunately, there is a lot of promotion of the forum on Twitbook and other social platforms so beloved by the spammers and scammers, and this has given us a major problem. The flood of economic migrants seem to think that the forum owes them a living if they spam and pollute the boards. They learn nothing, and by constantly keeping their heads down looking for pennies in the gutters, they miss the bright sun in the sky overhead.

Probably the first thing to learn is the merit system here. Many new members don't bother to read about it, and keep asking the same questions. This is extremely annoying. I wrote a description of the merit system, and you can read the article here -
https://talkmerit.com/the-source/index.php/articles/the-bitcoin-talk-merit-system

It's on my blog, and you can find more information about my activities as a Bitcoin Talk merit source there.

Be careful if you are considering trading Bitcoin, the price is extremely volatile, and it can move 20% or more in an hour. You should do a lot of research before risking any cash. There are some boards here with very experienced traders posting on them, but they can be a bit daunting, and many opinions seem to be wishful thinking, raather than the result of objective research.

I personally don't think merit system is really helping to grow for the beginners as people who were already in the forum from long time got "LUCKY" to get into higher rank moreover it's really a lot of struggle for the members who joined recently as no one cares much for new members and hence merits aren't given based on any quality post criteria.We are having a Equality system here rather i would prefer equity as people who were here earlier even with spamming are in position of so called "HERO MEMBER and LEGENDARY".So basically now a days merit and rank is just a number here and don't decide who i am.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: