Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Background Generator  (Read 1825 times)
mskwik (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 08:29:38 PM

A relatively simple webservice, but it seemed like something where microtransactions might work out well and was easy enough to adapt so I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone finds it useful.

http://random.greenishblue.info

It was coded as part of a larger project, this particular piece however was too heavy computation-wise for the hardware I was running it on so I outsourced it to the cloud and setup a spot for me to grab the backgrounds as needed.  What is does is generate unique images that are suitable for use as backgrounds.  You can see the thumbnails on the page for examples, the fullsize images that are unlocked after payment are 7680x4320 pixels, big enough to look good at any standard monitor resolution or to print up to a fairly large size.  If you buy one the rights to it are all yours, it will be completely deleted off the server once the download period is up and you can do whatever you want with it.  Price is set at 0.10 BTC each, but if you find something else useful to do with them in large quantities I'd be willing to discuss volume discounts Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 09:06:28 PM

cool, this reminds me of this evolution simulation, to generate variance:)
ScriptGadget

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 09:17:55 PM

A relatively simple webservice, but it seemed like something where microtransactions might work out well and was easy enough to adapt so I figured I'd put it out there and see if anyone finds it useful.

Great Idea! It's a great price too and the thumbnails look nice. I'll probably buy one once I have more than a bitcoin to my name.

I like the way you handled the bitcoin transactions and the delay in confimation, very clean and simple.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 09:41:51 PM

If the thumbnails were a reasonable size I might be interested. At least ~512 x 300
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: