Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would their be interest in an australian trade in btc site for online goods?  (Read 1091 times)
astana (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 06:28:39 PM

We see plenty of btc for voucher sites but I'm wondering in Australia is there a market for assisted/trade in purchase type site?

Like trade btc and the site would purchase the products in cash from online stores in exchange for your btc? is this feasible? enough demand?

I'd have a 10K start up capital, and could use business account's at shop's to get better prices for customers.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 07:33:34 PM

The only country I see this working with is Japan.
astana (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 08:38:42 PM

Highly unlikely their would be enough interest.  If sites in the US cant make enough to make ends meet how would you fare in a much smaller market?

Yeah I was thinking that too, too small.
kripz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 01:23:58 AM

The US have BTC to USD, we have close to nothing (TH are there for the lols, MTGox you trade for useless vouchers)....

Merged mining, free SMS notifications, PayPal payout and much more.
http://btcstats.net/sig/JZCODg2
astana (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:08:31 AM

The US have BTC to USD, we have close to nothing (TH are there for the lols, MTGox you trade for useless vouchers)....

I'm not talking about money but more like assisted purchase, select the online item you want, click, send coins and we buy the product... sort of trade in your coins for gear
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:22:25 AM

I'm not talking about money but more like assisted purchase, select the online item you want, click, send coins and we buy the product... sort of trade in your coins for gear

Spendbitcoins offers something along the lines you're talking about.  I'm not sure where Jeremy's located, but as they offer Aussies the option to BPay with Bitcoins, I'd guess that he's local.  If you have contacts with other traders, a joint venture of some kind might be possible.

spendbitcoins.com

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
astana (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 02:28:46 AM

Yeah I guess my target audience at the moment would be PC enthusiasts. BTC for PC parts maybe from some of the well regarded online stores.
kripz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 12:13:42 PM

Sorry i should have been clearer, it was a response to the post above mine. The reason why it wouldnt work in the US is because they have so many ways of getting USD from BTC so they can just purchase whatever they want without using this service.

Aussies on the other hand dont have that many options and there may be interest depending on the fees. I may not be able to get AUD from BTC easily but if im going to by X item anyway, i might consider your service.

Merged mining, free SMS notifications, PayPal payout and much more.
http://btcstats.net/sig/JZCODg2
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 11:05:16 PM

Spendbitcoins offers something along the lines you're talking about.  I'm not sure where Jeremy's located, but as they offer Aussies the option to BPay with Bitcoins, I'd guess that he's local.  If you have contacts with other traders, a joint venture of some kind might be possible.

spendbitcoins.com

I am indeed in Australia. People here have bought from several different Aussie sites from http://anything.spendbitcoins.com.

Cheers, big ears! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: