Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: goxbot - Professional trading robot platform for Mt.Gox  (Read 1303 times)
poikkeus (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:56:47 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 01:49:19 PM by poikkeus

goxbot is now xBot!

goxbot
Goxbot is a fully-automatized trading robot platform which supports Mt.Gox -Bitcoin exchange (BTC/USD). I've developed and tested this since November, 2013. It uses their Json API v2 which has been found to be the most stable choice of all their APIs. The bot is coded with Java so it works on Linux, Mac and Windows. It can also be used for drawing depth and stuff like that. No GUI.

Features
- There is a test-mode for back-testing and real-time testing (both free), but real trading mode needs a license to be bought. Free license now (included in download)! Expires at 4/2014: demo4.2014
- 6 supported indicators: MACD, EMA cross, EMA & price cross, ask sum/bid sum ratio trend, thin asks/thin bids, x hours average price compared to last price
- Switch between different configs on fly
- Draw chart picture files of order book and ratio

How it works
All trades are made based on calculated risk points which may be positive or negative. Positive value is bullish and the bot will buy. The risk points are calculated by six different indicators (depending on their configuration). Risk points are then used to calculate your stake-% (how much to buy or sell at the time).

Fore more defailed information see these files (included in the download too) or contact me!
- ReadMe.pdf
- Config_explanation.pdf

Pricing:
- FREE UNTIL 4/2014
- $15 / 1 month license so 3 months would be $45 and 5 months $75 etc.
- $120 / one year license ($60 discount)

One license should be used from one computer only. When license expires, bot will disable trading.
Payment methods: Bitcoin (Bitstamp price, contact me) or PayPal (click here). I make all licenses manually so there will be 0-12 hour delay depending on if I'm asleep or not.

Contact information:
In case of Java problems, you have something to ask your you want to purchase the license with BTC, contact me.
e-mail: goxbot.servicedesk(at)gmail.com
IRC: keus @ Freenode or IRCnet
BitcoinTalk: poikkeus

Download link (DISABLED)
This bot has been tested for 3 months but still - as always - use at your own risk.

I've set one OK configuration I've found to the default configuration file. Below is a chart of that configuration's results compared to bitcoin price in a test run from 16th November 2013 to 1st February 2014. For more tested configurations, see end of the post.

The bot can also generate a status html page for www-monitoring if you've set up a http-server.

Source code?
This bot is not open-source at the moment. There is a repository at BitBucket but it's private. I can give access to a trusted bitcointalk member to check it's legit if this is needed. If you are one, PM me.

Some other configs
cfg: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pBSpVyit
chart: http://s12.postimg.org/p3gaxqomj/chart2.png

cfg: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Xf2hHa9h
chart: http://s28.postimg.org/4c9d8fa7f/chart3.png

cfg: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ckCCndrG
chart: http://s28.postimg.org/akn46clgb/chart4.jpg
trade log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=x7zLHCky

-- more coming

Donations (BTC): 158UQ2niJ6eVQgPsfJaS791s9hBruVWBUU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

Yeah cause it's really been going great for gox lately so let's spam it with more bots.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:20:33 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:32:10 PM by poikkeus

Yeah cause it's really been going great for gox lately so let's spam it with more bots.
This bot actually causes less traffic than an user just staying at mtgox website (logged in). But if you enable ratiotrend indicator, it will cause around 7 MB/hour of traffic.

Bitstamp support will come later if that makes you feel better  Grin
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

This bot actually causes less traffic than an user just staying at mtgox website (logged in). But if you enable ratiotrend indicator, it will cause around 7 MB/hour of traffic.

Bitstamp support will come later if that makes you feel better  Grin
Your work might go to waste - gox has been slowly dying for weeks, maybe a spam bot that finally finishes them off would be a better idea Cheesy

poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

Your work might go to waste - gox has been slowly dying for weeks, maybe a spam bot that finally finishes them off would be a better idea Cheesy

Really?? I didn't know. I thought the price dropped for fun. My bot sold at $903 though... and bought some at $413 and $311, but I don't want to withdraw :S

Only around 5% of the code needs to be changed when I add support for BTC-E and Bitstamp. 5% is only 200-300 lines of code!

So.. any questions about the bot? I got one Mac tester today Smiley
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:34:51 PM

Mt Gox is dead. Dunno why you developed it anyway, it's gonna die soon anyway.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:49:46 PM

We will see. Now, all gox haters, could you go somewhere else?  Smiley
byt411

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:27:17 PM

We will see. Now, all gox haters, could you go somewhere else?  Smiley

I don't hate gox, i'm just telling you. Why don't you develop one for coinbase, bitstamp, vircurex or kraken?
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:53:48 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 05:56:34 PM by poikkeus

Why don't you develop one for coinbase, bitstamp, vircurex or kraken?

I will. I started with gox, because they have the best API and I use it myself (at first I didn't plan on releasing the bot in public). It's possible to implement support for all exchanges. I will add Bitstamp in 1-2 months.

I released this bot because I know there is a lot of mt.gox users.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:45:18 PM

Look forward to seeing the other bots I don't have any interest in the mt gox bot because of what has happended.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:26:22 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 09:37:37 PM by poikkeus

If someone is testing the bot and doesn't find the default config active enough or want to see some action, I've added some new configs to the end of the post. They are more active. Check the graphs - crazy profit during this gox problem...

I'm still finding better and better configs all the time... I'm addicted to configuring the bot, running tests and analyzing the results in Excel in different ways but this type of chart is always my favorite (profit-% vs btc value-%):

Trade log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FYjLm6YL
I might start selling configs some day.

PS. Bitstamp support still WIP.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Completely new risk management system coming soon! If BULL risk is 50%, you will have 75% BTC and 25% USD. If it's 0% you will have 50/50 and so on. It will adjust the amount when the price changes so the "stake" for the risk is always right. If you watch the second chart, you may understand. I need to make a new config for this thought. Not so good profit with old...

byt411

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:27:43 PM

Completely new risk management system coming soon! If BULL risk is 50%, you will have 75% BTC and 25% USD. If it's 0% you will have 50/50 and so on. It will adjust the amount when the price changes so the "stake" for the risk is always right. If you watch the second chart, you may understand. I need to make a new config for this thought. Not so good profit with old...

Gox died. Make the BitStamp one asap.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:43:38 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 09:19:06 PM by poikkeus

I don't have any hurry with BitStamp support. You guys don't seem to understand that I don't have to change anything else than connection things so my work isn't useless if I'm not working on better connection things for Gox or something like that.

The risk management system which I'm making, will work on any exhange on the planet if I make the bot support their API. Why to focus on whining about gox? Let's talk about the bot - not the exchange. The connection to the exchange just makes the bot do some real stuff. The connection can be added later when the bot itself is ready. I'm having good time on testing it and configuring it offline with 1 year trading history I downloaded from mt.gox.

Currently I'm working on the bot itself and will do as long as I get more and more ideas. I think I'll only sell/give it to some people and you will not be on the list because of your attitude. I gave access to my friend to the repository so he can continue my work if I die or something, because this is some real stuff - not a simple EMA or RSI bot.

Btw I think mt.gox will come up later. If you wan't to discuss about that, contact me on IRC - not here.
byt411

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:34:56 PM

I don't have any hurry with BitStamp support. You guys don't seem to understand that I don't have to change anything else than connection things so my work isn't useless if I'm not working on better connection things for Gox or something like that.

The risk management system which I'm making, will work on any exhange on the planet if I make the bot support their API. Why to focus on whining about gox? Let's talk about the bot - not the exchange. The connection to the exchange just makes the bot do some real stuff. The connection can be added later when the bot itself is ready. I'm having good time on testing it and configuring it offline with 1 year trading history I downloaded from mt.gox.

Currently I'm working on the bot itself and will do as long as I get more and more ideas. I think I'll only sell/give it to some people and you will not be on the list because of your attitude. I gave access to my friend to the repository so he can continue my work if I die or something, because this is some real stuff - not a simple EMA or RSI bot.

Btw I think mt.gox will come up later. If you wan't to discuss about that, contact me on IRC - not here.

I am not whining about Gox. I am merely pointing out that right now, gox is down, and many people would use your bot if you made it for BitStamp.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 05:48:54 PM by poikkeus

I am not whining about Gox. I am merely pointing out that right now, gox is down, and many people would use your bot if you made it for BitStamp.

What you are saying is: "you are stupid and can't think yourself". Maybe this thread shouldn't be at marketplace area as It's not very usefull product at the moment unless you wan't to start configuring the bot already before I've added support. The download includes one year pre-downloaded trading history from mt.gox for back-testing.

My current list of priorities:

1. Developing the bot itself
2. Adding support for other exchanges
3. Making profit myself with the bot
4. Selling the bot
5. Move to Hawaii and learn to surf

I know the profits I can make with this bot can't never be less than the profit I could make with selling the bot. I may create a one year free license or something because the little money is not so important. You know.. why would someone even try to sell a bot if it was good? I do it because I want to show-off.

I'm just posting about big updates here. Like the risk management.

EDIT: BTC-E support is not coming  if they don't start allowing to get trading history. BitStamp almost ready.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: