Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:45:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Temporary ban, permaban, nuke, what are reasons?  (Read 229 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:57:42 PM

Reading the (un)official rules you understand what type of actions are punishable, but I couldn't find till now a clear explanation which actions leed to ban.
1. Permaban/nuke is "rewarded" for plagiarism. Ok.

What else ?? What to look for to get the shitposters banned/nuked??

I want to know, for how many spam messages one account can be banned?
How many times one account need to break the rules to get a permaban/nuke?

I want to know, what are the reasons to delete an Ann thread? What we have to look for.

Is it up to the Mods when and who to ban or they follow some rules??

Can you see someone's history in terms of rule-breaking, like passed temporary bans and deleted messages?

We started reporting some spammers and shitposters and to be more effective we need a bit of assistance from the modes.
The main purpose of our club is to help cleaning the forum and fight the bots so let's do it properly and save some time on the both sides.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 09:14:39 PM

Perma banned: Breaking rules even after being temp banned, plagiarism, doxing people outside investigations board, and spreading phishing links, in some cases incentivizing people to post.

Temp ban: Relentless Spamming, breaking rules continously even after being warned.

Nuke: Only applied to newbies, when they break rules.

Reasons to delete ANN thread: Incentivizing people to post.
Is it up to the Mods when and who to ban or they follow some rules??
Yes. Mods decide whether or not the user deserves a ban or not. Not all shitposters(with rank above Jr. Member) get banned. But users caught plagiarizing are perma banned.
Can you see someone's history in terms of rule-breaking, like passed temporary bans and deleted messages?
I believe at least global mods can(?)

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:28:36 PM

doxing people outside investigations board
What is considered as doxing here?
Everyone is posting their facebook accounts in altcoin section. Is it doxing if someone post that information and all personal information from facebook? I mean, they are basically doxing themselves.  Undecided
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 09:55:59 PM

Everyone is posting their facebook accounts in altccly oin section. Is it doxing if someone post that information and all personal information from facebook? I mean, they are basically doxing themselves.  Undecided
Yeah they are posting their own info, so that cannot be considered as doxing. And sharing facebook links != doxing. If another user, posts any information like names, addresses, email etc which may or may not be available publicly, thus revealing the true identity of a user is considered to be doxing.

Alia was banned because of that.

I have a question for mods: People who come here to sell illegal stuff here, be it pirated content or be it drugs, will they be perma banned?

Also, I believe the forum functions on the basis of US law right?

polikarp

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:24:22 AM

In addition to what is mentioned above, one can also got banned for trolling.

So make sure that your jokes are not hurting some emotions and is in good spirit.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:35:23 PM

Everyone is posting their facebook accounts in altcoin section. Is it doxing if someone post that information and all personal information from facebook? I mean, they are basically doxing themselves.  Undecided

I think all the twitter and facebook are also fake there. For each bitcointalk account , they might be having one dedicated (off course all fake) Twitter account,mail account and facebook account.

Might be the reason that facebook and twitter banned crytpos related ads, I think actually these profiles are just promoting ICO and these big corporation have no information to extract from them for their benefit.

I am alive
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 10:22:25 PM

Nobody haven't mentioned yet that you also can get permanent ban for posting phishing links.
Everyone is posting their facebook accounts in altcoin section. Is it doxing if someone post that information and all personal information from facebook? I mean, they are basically doxing themselves.  Undecided

I think all the twitter and facebook are also fake there. For each bitcointalk account , they might be having one dedicated (off course all fake) Twitter account,mail account and facebook account.

Might be the reason that facebook and twitter banned crytpos related ads, I think actually these profiles are just promoting ICO and these big corporation have no information to extract from them for their benefit.
Offcourse that mostly bounty hunters using fake social media accounts. No doubt that many of these users have multiple account. People aren't using their main accounts to not reveal their identity, they also don't want to spam their real friends/followers with ICO's advertisements.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:43:32 AM

I have a question for mods: People who come here to sell illegal stuff here, be it pirated content or be it drugs, will they be perma banned?
Generally no. Illegal threads are only removed if they outright illegal everywhere. But, for example someone selling marijuana isn't going to get banned, because its legal in certain places. Generally, its up to the user that's trading to determine whether they can get in trouble for it or not.

I want to know, for how many spam messages one account can be banned?
This is also pretty situational. At least for me. It really depends on what type of spamming they are doing. But, even if I recognize they are bots or users that copy and paste I generally take the side of caution, and only nuke them if they are continuously doing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: