Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:37:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [3 LTC BOUNTY] Can not get my rig to work a week so far  (Read 2435 times)
pastet89 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 01:55:22 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 02:07:52 PM by pastet89

OK. I am really tired if everything I tried during this week so I am applying a 3 LTC bounty to the first (if anyone!) who can tell me how to get my rig working.

1. Rig specs:
- Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7
- GPU: 6 x Gigabyte R9 270
- PSU: 2 x EVGA Nova Gold 750W with add2psu
- CPU: Sempron 145
- RAM: Kingston DDR3 1600Mghz Hyper-X Blue

2. Rig built

1. 3 GPU + everything else connected to my first PSU. These GPUs are using as well powered molex, which are as well connected to the first PSU.
2. The other 3 GPU are connected to the second PSU, 2 of them using not-connected powered risers and one being directly put on the mobo slot.

Why I have not connected the other 3 GPUs with molexes - because I was told that the molexes need to be connected only to the first PSU and I strictly must avoid any mixing of the 12V line between the 2 PSUs.

I was also given an advise to increase the RAM up to 4 GB per card which sounds strange to me as everywhere I read 4 GB for the whole rig must be more than enough. 24 GB sounds crazy for me.

3. The story so far:
1. First I tried to use BAMT. I tried BAMT 1.3, and if I am not wrong as well at least some of the BAMT 1.1, 1.2 and 1.5. The result was when the system boots up I was getting errors messages about problems with GPUs and I needed to shutdown. Reading advises from forums, I restarted few times, but this didn't solve the problem for me.
2. Then I tried BAMT SMOS 1.3 and BAMT SMOS 1.3 Bee edition. I tried both in usual and failsave mode. The result was: System booting up OK, and then, when i start mining with any kind of settings, both copying settings from folks with same GPUs and lower values, everything was freezing in just 2 minutes, the remote panel for monitoring was not loading as well, and I needed to shut down the rig.
3. Then I tried installing other Linuxes. I tried installing: Centos 6.5, Ubuntu 12.04.4, Xubuntu 12.10, Xubuntu 13.10, Linyx Mint 13. As a result I could even not install them at all, with ending up with some kind of strange message: "initframes unable to find a medium containing live system" (Just CENTOS was giving me some other error for a corrupted image). I have tried at least 5 different USB sticks and installs. After googling this error I found out an advise to put the USB into the USB 2.0 slot, which didn't help, as also neither help changins BIOS settings for botting in IDE or AHCI mode. I finally found an article, stating that Linux 64bit can not be installed via USB stick on this mobo.
Then I bought a DVD-ROM. I recorded the Linux on a DVD and tried to boot it, it went farer then before, but then ended up with the same error.
4. Then I tried Windows 8.1 64 bit. For the purpose I bought 2 SSDs for two of my rigs. I installed first the express installation of the Catalyst drivers from the AMD site. Then, whatever settings of the cgminer I was using, I was getting a system crash and freeze in few seconds. Then I read advise to stop the Catalyst Control Center. So did I and I went a step forward. I was able to get around 30-60 minutes of mining but ending up again with crash. I have tried again tons of settings on the cgminer, both literally copied from folks with same GPUs and with much lower TC and intensity values. The result was that when I waked up in the morning the rig has been shut down from the power.
Then I read a suggestion to make a clear instllation of Windows, install ONLY the Display driver without anything else. So did I. The result was, Windows 8.1 recognizing only 5 cards whatever I did with my 6th card. However, I made another step forward, I succeded to mine very stable at around 69 degrees, 4.5 hours, 465 kh/s. However, when I woked up, the rig has been shut down from the power again. I tought it may be the PSU or sth, however, my PSU should be plenty for these GPUs, even more, that night only 5 GPUs were running, on the first PSU 2 GPUs + Mobo and anothr 3 GPU on the second PSU. But anyway. My 6th card was not recognised so I tried various staff again - installing Catalyst 13,1 from techpowerup, 13.11 beta from AMD, installing only the Display driver, installing older (2.7) version of SDK or not installing SDK at all. Whatever I did it didn't recognise the 6th card again.
I am going to run out of ideas and options for what to try. I just want to point out that I am believeing it is not hardware related as I have tried (well, not all but most of the described above options) on 3 rigs.
I am compltely serious about the bounty announcment and I am ready to send it right away now to a trusted escrow member. I am ready to release it once I get my rigs running at 480 or at least 470 kh/s per GPU for at least 72 hours with no failure and no HW errors as I learned that anytning can break up later even if it starts well in the begining.
I am most curious why the SMOS and BAMT are freezing instantly and I would most like to use them instead of other options but Windows will be OK as well if i can get my system really running.

Edit: Regarding recognizing the 6th card under Windows I forgot to mention that I have already tried:
* dummy plug
* A1 to B17 shortening
* Right clicking on not recognized device in device manager, uninstall, and rescan for hardware.

When doing my first install what worked out of the box was the pin shortening, however, it worked when I used the default auto detectable AMD drivers with express install, which later was causing my system to freeze after 5 minutes of mining. When I tried to install just the Display Driver without the other extras or any other version of the driver, whatever I tried, the 6th GPU was not recognised.
In SMOS and BAMT at least all the 6 GPUs were recognised and were starting to mine for a minute or so before everything freezes and crashes.

Cryptostats.es

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aminkorea

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

You stated that the gpus are all on molex connectors, are you not using any of the PCI connectors from the power supplies? According to the PSU specs, you should have 4 x 6-Pin, 4 x 6+2-Pin per PSU.  That is enough to connect 4 gpu to the pci connectors and two to molex. Not sure if that would make a difference but it might be worth a try.
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

I stated that just 3 of the GPUs are using molex connectors to the first PSU.
What do you mean by " PCI connectors from the power supplies"? Arent PCI slots just on the mobo?

Cryptostats.es
gnomegawd

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:50:51 PM

I can absolutely walk you threw getting this to work with ease. I get ppl to build systems from all over the world whom have never touched a computer in their life.  We have had 100% success rate having me guide step by step.

skypeme for fast results 'gnomegawd'

gnomegawd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:53:55 PM

ya cancel that, lol @ paying bounties afte 72 hours, no thanks, I make way more than 3 ltc a day  anyways watching my stuff idle.

People should get serious, you think we are going to help for free?  Your system could gross over 25 btc in year, why would I want to do something for 3 ltc and wait 72 hours.

hahah okay no. 
gnomegawd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:55:57 PM

and yes, based on your descriptions, I already know what is wrong with your rig.  To easy.

unbelievable that someone spends about 5000.00 on a rig and believes service to it would only cost 3 ltc.

and as your desperate enough, you will end up contacting me, and beware I am not nice, and I will require more than zero bounty before I begin.  Not doing that shit again, have had 2 ppl promise bounties form this board worked 6 hours one guy, and 5 days other guy.  Got zero in return.  complete bs.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

Use 8 gig of ram.  If only using 4 gig you are asking a lot from it.  

If you are trying to power 3 risers, and MB power to power 3..... sounds like a lot for a 750.  Do you have a bigger PSU you can use?  
gnomegawd

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:02:10 PM

If you are trying to power 3 risers, and MB power to power 3..... sounds like a lot for a 750.  Do you have a bigger PSU you can use?  

OP here is what i mean, so many ppl have clueles ideas.

I use 2gb ram in every system, why waste money.  I never use hdds why waste money.  I never listen to people like this guy above.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 04:21:27 PM by notlist3d

I use 2gb ram in every system, why waste money.  I never use hdds why waste money.  I never listen to people like this guy above.

Depends on what you are running.  At points he mentions Windows 8.1.... if you are using BAMT obviously it would be less.  Is 8 overkill yes, but for what I'm making on a working operation it's worth it to me.  Ram is cheap now days.  I can run other processes without worrying a bit about lowering productivity.  Try running Windows 8.1 with 6 cards and 2 gig ram and tell me how your mining goes.

I think someone is having a bad day from "and as your desperate enough, you will end up contacting me, and beware I am not nice, and I will require more than zero bounty before I begin.  Not doing that shit again, have had 2 ppl promise bounties form this board worked 6 hours one guy, and 5 days other guy.  Got zero in return.  complete bs."   I threw out my ideas for free..... notice I didn't put somewhere to send coins or say he will contact me.

Speaking of clueless how is your investment advice on MOON going?
aminkorea

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:27:51 PM

I stated that just 3 of the GPUs are using molex connectors to the first PSU.
What do you mean by " PCI connectors from the power supplies"? Arent PCI slots just on the mobo?

If you don't know the difference between a PCI connector and a PCI slot it is no wonder you can't get this rig to work.
gnomegawd

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:20:00 AM

I use 2gb ram in every system, why waste money.  I never use hdds why waste money.  I never listen to people like this guy above.
Moon, well people like you should stay out of Moon.

I also use 2gb ram in windows system and visa versa testing shows exact same hash rates.  Sorry, dont think your correct on this, using the world overkill to what? the pocketbook?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:02:01 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 04:13:32 AM by notlist3d

Moon, well people like you should stay out of Moon.

I also use 2gb ram in windows system and visa versa testing shows exact same hash rates.  Sorry, dont think your correct on this, using the world overkill to what? the pocketbook?

See you only quoted parts.  You saved 10-15 bucks, chances are less if you watch deals.  In a computer with 6 cards .... that is nothing.  At least i gave information from my successful rigs, and did not troll him for money like you.  With windows 8.1 and 6 cards using 2 gig is a horrible idea.

Your advice is like moon.... it just keeps dropping.   But maybe I'm wrong and you should spend a few thousand trying to saving 10-15 bucks and have a possible headache, and that moon is not constantly dropping.  Maybe moon isn't twords bottom of coinwarz currently.
gnomegawd

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:51:34 PM

why are you trolling on moon?  you dont realize I bought it at .00001% of a satoshi?  It could fall to 2 sats for all I care, and I know it wont.

Troll much?

Ya okay, my profitable operations cost @#%@%% and with this @#%@% equipment, here all my info for free!

Ya I stopped sharing info long time ago, for what reason would I bother?  If someone selects me to help them, they are the one fortunate.

Do you work? do you have a day time job? do you have time to troubleshoot for days on end?  Is your job bitcoins? or burger flipping.

I would bet you need bitcoins to pay rent.

I on the other hand DO NOT EAT MY BITCOINS.  I see something much different in the future.  Keep spending those bitcoins boys, you'll learn the hard way.

Or better yet, buy a 400.00 mobo, when you could have bought 3, buy a 300 cpu, when you could have bought 6, buy 8 gb ram for one pc when that is enough for 4.

I think i need not say more.. or should I say morron.
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

Hi all!

I finally got my rigs stable with 5 GPUs and I am going to give up trying to get them running with 6. I just think as I am using 2 PSUs and add2psu module I can not balance well the load between the 2 PSUs.
The only one problem I am haing now is that when I connected to one of my rigs trough TeamViewer and closed the session after, mining has stopped. Any advises on this welcome, however, it's not a major issue if I keep the TV constanly opened it is not a problem for me.
Regarding bounty: no one helped me to the end with the solving of the problem, however, lots of guys tried to help, especially pguerrerox from litecointalk and I appreciate that! No one has won the bounty solely, however, I want to thank to all guys who tried to help, even if it very small amount for each one. I am quite sure everyone will be OK with sending the money in BTC instead if LTC. Please, the following post your BTC address here:

From Bitcointalk:

Jabba
koldshot
aminkorea
notlist3d

From Litecointalk:
ltecoinfan
pguerrerox
madnod

Total: 7 guys tried to help, 0,428571429 LTC equivalent in BTC to be sent to each one.

Thanks again.

Cryptostats.es
aminkorea

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:32:56 PM

Hi all!

I finally got my rigs stable with 5 GPUs and I am going to give up trying to get them running with 6. I just think as I am using 2 PSUs and add2psu module I can not balance well the load between the 2 PSUs.
The only one problem I am haing now is that when I connected to one of my rigs trough TeamViewer and closed the session after, mining has stopped. Any advises on this welcome, however, it's not a major issue if I keep the TV constanly opened it is not a problem for me.
Regarding bounty: no one helped me to the end with the solving of the problem, however, lots of guys tried to help, especially pguerrerox from litecointalk and I appreciate that! No one has won the bounty solely, however, I want to thank to all guys who tried to help, even if it very small amount for each one. I am quite sure everyone will be OK with sending the money in BTC instead if LTC. Please, the following post your BTC address here:

From Bitcointalk:

Jabba
koldshot
aminkorea
notlist3d

From Litecointalk:
ltecoinfan
pguerrerox
madnod

Total: 7 guys tried to help, 0,428571429 LTC equivalent in BTC to be sent to each one.

Thanks again.

Thank you pastet89, I'm glad you got the rig to work. WIsh I could have helped more.  Not sure what the problem with teamviewer is all about.  I use TV but have never had any problems so have never had to do any trouble shooting on it.  Happy mining and thanks again.

aminkorea  1PrWkBW55Q7fveHfyve45CH4Xf7SkjRtZg
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:49:03 AM

I'm glad a fellow miner is up and running!  Wish you smooth sailing!

And thanks! 12CSwX1N7YZGT2kCK7r5ntCBiEamxHup6A
gnomegawd

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:19:20 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:58:51 PM by gnomegawd

Hi all!

you are going to blow something up adding a 6th video card if you don't know what you are doing.  // sry removed the answer..

realizing you paid people .4 of a ltc.. wow.. can't you get that worth of coins on those websites that give free coins away?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: