Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2020, 07:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.20.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USA: "Investing In Opportunity Act" provides tax advantage for capital gains  (Read 47 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1489

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:45:16 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2018, 03:56:10 AM by jbreher

Branched from the WO thread:

All y'all may recall I've been looking to Puerto Rico as a means of reducing capital gains taxes owed (I'm 'Merkin). But I've just learned of another (legitimate - according to IRS) potential route out of the system that may be as interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/17/an-unlikely-group-of-billionaires-and-politicians-has-created-the-most-unbelievable-tax-break-ever/

This thread is meant for the discussion of this program, and the tax advantages thereof. Think of it as a self-selected 'study group' where we all help each other to understand:
- whether this is a program we each can take advantage of;
- tools for evaluating the scope and amount of benefit; and
- the details of engaging such program.

This is a self-moderated thread. I intend to moderate only posts that are clearly off-topic or abusive. In an ideal world, this would be zero deletions. Let's see how it goes.

Edit: Nevermind - there is already active discussion underway at : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4740118.0

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
100% First Deposit Bonus Instant Withdrawals Best Odds 10+ Sports Since 2014 No KYC Asked Play Now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1489

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:46:21 AM

I don't know why, but a preponderance of threads have the second post reserved by the thread starter. Maybe some day it will be evident to me why this is done. In the meantime...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.