Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a pastor become a politician without lying?  (Read 207 times)
jayyen (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:45:05 AM

Politicians and lies so close. They deceive people in most of their ways just to get their ways through so the question is that ,can pastor become a politician without telling any lies to get his way through?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:29:28 AM

Politicians and lies so close. They deceive people in most of their ways just to get their ways through so the question is that ,can pastor become a politician without telling any lies to get his way through?
Politic is a dirty game and we need to keep away from it if we desire to be right with God.  A pastor should not join politic as it will perverts they mind. Joining politic is like joining the activities of the enemy of God.  Politicians has been God enemies from inception and nothing can change that.
Zurcermozz

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:47:11 AM

Its so hard to become a politician without telling lies, Most of politics lies to gain more fame or to be get attention to voters, and being a pastor telling some line is a huge sin to them
r_herbert

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:52:15 AM

Can a pastor become a politician without lying?
Well, this question is just as if you were asking if it was possible to play in the playground without being dirty.
Yes, I know, the comparison is too cliche but it has its point.
First, Jesus said himself that a man cannot adore 2 gods.
 Either you love and serve only one either you just lie to yourself.
How to adore Money and God at the same time?
How can you play on the computer and study at the same time?
How can you kiss your girlfriend and do your homework at the same time?
 How can you be poor and rich at the same time?
This is philosophy. I know the answers))

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:40:32 PM

Politics is a filthy game of power and deception. Thus, lying become part of it as no one ever become successful revealing all their dorty secrets. And if 'pastors' will enter the politics, they can be no different and they can possibly tell lies for them to becone a politician. Some would say that it is necessary for them to tell some lies as it will help them to win and do their good intentions --- nd I think that is an irrational argue. It is because if you are a 'real' pastor, then you are running into politics because of your 'calling', not because you just want to. And if that's really one of your calling, then you can be so sure that you can win without telling lies.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
oladejiremi10

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:09:51 PM

I’m afraid that I think the answer is no. However, that depends on what you mean by “dirty”.All politicians have to be prepared to have dirty hands on occasion. But if the pastor really have the fear of God he can do it with the help of God but I think people around him my corrupt him.
bitcoinmee

Activity: 106
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:36:42 AM

Everyone lies its a defense mechanism. Being a pastor does not mean he's not gonna lie everyone will lie as long as it favors them.

▂▆▇★│X-CASH - Decentralized Network And Cryptocurrency│★▇▆▂
Joseph_Williams

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:54:28 AM

Pastor can become a leader of a nation, a moral authority, but not a politician. He (or she) get power, although they do not want it.

Politicians greedily want power. And they are ready to receive and hold it at any cost (including through deception). Populism today demonstrates this.

But no one believes that Gandhi was a "politician", although he had a lot of power and authority. Because he had noble goals!

Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:04:34 AM

this is a very difficult question because even as Abraham was closed to God that he was even known to be a friend of God, he spoke with God mouth to mouth, yet he had to lie to the king that Sarah his wife was his sister and brought an untold dilemma to the king's household regardless of the fact that the king did not even sleep with Sarah. So I can say that it take only God's grace for a Pastor to be in politics and not lie. though there are many rugged men and women of God that will not comprise their relationship with God just to please man.
ComaJoma

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:08:55 AM

May I restate your question?

Can anyone (!) become a politician without lying? The answer seems too obvious to discuss...
thuiuqioui98382

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:38:39 AM

In the media, clerics who advocate political participation are not new, and religious leaders holding political office are not rare. Many people go to church when they hear their religious leaders support a political faction, and I think the church is a sacred place, not suitable for politics.
graceinc

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:55:05 AM

There is nothing such thing as a politician who does not lie. They may lie for the benefit of their people or may be for their own benefit only. I would say without a doubt on the Pastor's credibility and conscience, If a Pastor too, joins politics, one day or the other he will be following the same footsteps as the norm of the political world. There is no way out. In the end a "lie is a lie"
tracymik

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:24:33 AM

I believe that there is no single  politician who has never lie. A pastor who becomes a politician will definitely lie too.
Peaker2

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:53:16 AM

Absolutely not because it is not advisable for Christians to become involved with politics. Politicians? They lie... They are corrupt. Even a pastor can be tempted because he's just a human. Humans make mistake.
Cryptojuni

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:02:52 AM

well politicians are all layers they lie in other to get what there want in the society, A pastor should never have any mind set of going into politics if he/she want to be up right with God.   
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 09:19:02 AM

Absolutely not because it is not advisable for Christians to become involved with politics. Politicians? They lie... They are corrupt. Even a pastor can be tempted because he's just a human. Humans make mistake.

being a christian must truly suck, i mean there are those kings and queens ruling over the sheep. and in absence of politicians. they are being abused by their lords. they only are allowed to live like selfreproducing robots.

lol.

no wonder someone created islam with the message dont serve anyone but got. this must have truly pissed of the christian ruling lords.

thats why there were crusades.

today i understand islam finally.

Psec
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

Let's tell ourselves the truth, politics and lies are siblings of the same parent. You can' t do politics without lying and if you want to keep your integrity, it is better not to get involved.
voron83-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 01:25:51 PM

Politics itself implies the predisposition of a person to lie, because there are such things sometimes that people do not need to know!

♠ POZESS ♠
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
Woultries

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:04:37 AM

For one, pastors can tell a lie without them knowing it. So even if their conscience is clear (i.e. no intention of lying), they still can lie. And of course, since they're just human beings, they can intentionally lie too specially when they go into politics where lying is a necessity for survival.

Wasanrege

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:12:50 AM

Anything is possible and to become a politician no once has to lie being smart is enough
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: