Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Humans keep increasing what will happen?  (Read 629 times)
Cryptomindset

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:45:30 AM

Despite the use of various contraceptives, the world population keeps ballooning. Will there come a time that all food will be extinct and we cannot feed ourselves or what is the way forward because we are tilling all the virgin lands etc .
If climate change caused by global warming continues as currently projected, the global human population will probably peak and then decline.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brucexavier

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:15:25 AM

Despite the use of various contraceptives, the world population keeps ballooning. Will there come a time that all food will be extinct and we cannot feed ourselves or what is the way forward because we are tilling all the virgin lands etc .
the day when the population will grow into as much as 50 billion may be a few thousand years away, and by then there would have been several world wars, catastrophes, natural calamities, earthquakes, global warming, and floods to reduce the population, perhaps to even a lower value than 0.5 billion.
rsremove21

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:45:15 AM

we suffer world wide food shortage. if our population is keeping larger and larger. and thats not good. the government need to educate people about family planning not family planting. educate about the cause and effect use of contraceptive to avoid prenancy and our polulation will not keep rising.
DriveDeal.io

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:20:47 AM

Small growth still growth and we can't keep growing forever.  I recommend watching this amazing talk about population growth and the math behind growth.

Arithmetic, Population and Energy - a talk by Al Bartlett
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:00:23 PM

Despite the use of various contraceptives, the world population keeps ballooning. Will there come a time that all food will be extinct and we cannot feed ourselves or what is the way forward because we are tilling all the virgin lands etc.
Various contraceptives are still controlling the population meanwhile there are still many young people are not educated well about our various contraceptives and maybe that is the reason why our population keeps ballooning. We can't really stop their lust and a lot of young people now are having sex and not educated well.
MiningDog

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:14:42 PM

Global population is not going down, is stabilizing, but we are too many already.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Population_Growth_by_World_Bank_continental_division.png

The issue is that we, as animals, have had unnatural survival behaviour, so the world population grew exponentially from 4 billion in 1974 to 7.5 billion in 2018, almost a duplicated number:

https://i.imgur.com/QDZ6JaF.png

So yes, it is an issue, though. If any other animal had this kind of behaviour, humans will, for sure implement a reproduction control in order to stop the (hypothetical) animal to become a plague.
So, in fact, and given the reproduction behaviour, humankind can be considered as one.

Yes, education can be absolutely something of value in stopping this incredible and crazy increment. But the humans have already altered the earth so much that is starting to be considered at this particular time as a new geological era: Anthropocene.

Why would you say that survival behavior is unnatural? I think that's just about the most natural behavior you can have. I think you're right when you use the word "animal". These are the same instincts that animals have to reproduce. I don't think the huge boom in world population is due to people suddenly deciding to turn on their survival instinct. The difference is that people actually started surviving. Modern medicine and vaccinations have reduced out mortality rate greatly. Life expectancy is also going up. I suggest not only looking at the history population, but also look at the birth rates. They are going down all over the world. Some projections even predict that world population will start going down again the future.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

The world population is keep on increasing exponentially. Hence, there will come a time that we will be dealling problems regarding its effect to us. But, what are these problems that we are about to face? What will be the possible effect of this? Well, I think that if it is the case, then the government will mandatorily require a specific number of children within the family. Then, the supply and distribution of food will be strictly facilitated by the government as scarcity and shortage will possibly happen. Next is, most of the lands will soon be occupy by many. And then, if the population will still grow insanely, then more or less, there will be killings --- as part of nature of survival.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
emsol

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:37:14 PM

At the rate we’re going, we are already using up the available resources of 1 ½ Earths, even though this planet is all we have at the moment. Unless we can find another Earth where we can move half of our 7 billion population, it’s very obvious that we are using up our finite supply of resources. The effect of growing population will be an increased demand for resources and space. Both of which we are running out of. The Earth just can’t keep up with us and our habit of wastage is not helping.
eastgrand

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:59:21 PM

Like with everything there has to be a limit as to how many people the Earth can hold, and that point will come one day. If there's not enough food to go around, you're going to see the same old conflicts but at much higher scale, war, scapegoating, people fighting among each other because they have no other choice, else they will not survive. Everything will go down hill. Perhaps the government around the world will suggest to people to do like China, you can only have one or two kids. And many of people will not care and have 10.
MiningDog

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:38:44 AM

At the rate we’re going, we are already using up the available resources of 1 ½ Earths, even though this planet is all we have at the moment. Unless we can find another Earth where we can move half of our 7 billion population, it’s very obvious that we are using up our finite supply of resources. The effect of growing population will be an increased demand for resources and space. Both of which we are running out of. The Earth just can’t keep up with us and our habit of wastage is not helping.
What do you mean by that? How could we possibly use the available resources of 1.5 earths? Is that not physically impossible? I don't think you can use more resources than exist. I think one of our biggest problems is that we don't actually know how many resources are available. Capitalism requires scarcity to work. It it is in private companies' best interest to make people think that their product is scarce. Then they can charge more.
Encrypt01

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:34:36 PM

Man has always found a way to improvise. I don't think increase in population should be a problem so far there are provisions in terms of economy to cater for it. There are so many uninhabited places on earth e.g. in Russia and Canada.
We should't also forget that life expectancy is increasing which means more people on earth.
I think uniting and working on issues like global warming and climate change should cater for the next generation.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:50:41 PM

Global population is not going down, is stabilizing, but we are too many already.

The issue is that we, as animals, have had unnatural survival behaviour, so the world population grew exponentially from 4 billion in 1974 to 7.5 billion in 2018, almost a duplicated number:

So yes, it is an issue, though. If any other animal had this kind of behaviour, humans will, for sure implement a reproduction control in order to stop the (hypothetical) animal to become a plague.
So, in fact, and given the reproduction behaviour, humankind can be considered as one.

Yes, education can be absolutely something of value in stopping this incredible and crazy increment. But the humans have already altered the earth so much that is starting to be considered at this particular time as a new geological era: Anthropocene.

i think the western world will become a growing one again.

there is no threat, i mean curoscant in star wars had several thrillion inhabitants, you would have to build such a planetary urban society, nature and other stuff would be something only for those that traveled or colonised there.

(humanist perspective)

hujgubgfgs

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:51:49 AM

Harms to the following:
- Reserve of resources quickly depleted.
- Deforestation to expand agricultural land leads to ecological imbalances.
- Generate concentrated sources of waste that exceed the capacity of self-degradation of the natural environment in urban areas, agricultural and industrial areas.
- The gap in the rate of population growth between industrialized and developing countries is rising, leading to poverty in developing countries and excess consumption in industrialized countries. The growing disparity between urban and rural areas, between developed industrial and least developed countries, leads to the immigration of all kinds.
- The rise of the urban population and the formation of big cities - megacities make the urban environment at risk of severe degradation. The supply of clean water, houses and trees can not meet the population growth. Pollution of air and water increased. Social evils and the problem of social management in urban areas are increasingly difficult.
Iyanuizi

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:40:46 AM

To my own view nothing is going to happen if things continue like this, because people die everyday and also new babies are also born as well and that's how the life cycle is going to be like.
MiningDog

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Population_Growth_by_World_Bank_continental_division.png

https://i.imgur.com/QDZ6JaF.png

i think the western world will become a growing one again.

there is no threat, i mean curoscant in star wars had several thrillion inhabitants, you would have to build such a planetary urban society, nature and other stuff would be something only for those that traveled or colonised there.

(humanist perspective)
You actually that populations will start growing naturally in the Western World? You think that birth rates will go up? Of course, the populations in many western countries are increasing. This is happening in large part, thanks to immigration. Canada, for example, welcomes more than 300,000 new immigrants every year! That's about a one percent increase in population every year just from immigration. The population of Canada is only 35 million. Why do you think the population will start growing more again?
icy season

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:59:52 PM

It is undeniable that a population explosion will inevitably affect the natural resources of our planet;
Pollution and degradation of natural resources will certainly make things harder. Social issues; job; Evil ... will be a very difficult problem not just a country but the whole world. If we do not find alternatives to the above problems, the existence of humans on this planet is unlikely to last.
ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:44:25 PM

Population hits MaxQ.. Thats all. But people are also having more time to do other things and that creates both opportunities and challenges to soceity

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
MiningDog

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:28:30 AM

Population hits MaxQ.. Thats all. But people are also having more time to do other things and that creates both opportunities and challenges to soceity
Did you read the post? What do you mean by MaxQ? I'm not familiar with this term. I Googled it and found that it is an aerospace engineering term. Wikipedia says it "is the point at which aerodynamic stress on a vehicle in atmospheric flight is maximized". I can't see how that could relate to a population. If we run out of resources, how will that give people more time to do other things?
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:52:19 AM

It is sad that us humans keep destroying and abusing natural resources for our own pursuits. In a short span of time, we have seen new buildings being built in an old empty land so that people will have some place to live or visit. Population is growing every year. Will we ran out of food to feed ourselves with, you ask? Natural resources, perhaps, but with the kind of technology we have today, it is only a matter of time before someone comes up with something. One example of this is mycoprotein.
MiningDog

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:59:20 AM

It is sad that us humans keep destroying and abusing natural resources for our own pursuits. In a short span of time, we have seen new buildings being built in an old empty land so that people will have some place to live or visit. Population is growing every year. Will we ran out of food to feed ourselves with, you ask? Natural resources, perhaps, but with the kind of technology we have today, it is only a matter of time before someone comes up with something. One example of this is mycoprotein.
That's what I say. People forget to take into account technological developments. Whenever we run into a problem so global, we always have people offering solutions. I have read about skyscraper farms, for example. You can actually farm vertically. If land is an issue, you can just build taller and taller. It's nice in a city too because then the food is already right there. You don't need to pay much for shipping. That's for mentioning mycoprotein. I think I heard of it before, but it was nice to read up on it a bit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: