Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good way to concisely explain Bitcoin?  (Read 1723 times)
Caitsith

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:35:20 AM

Bitcoin is not a virtual currency but a real money or another means of "cryptocurrency". Many people who are new to information or do not have enough information or call bitcoin is a virtual currency, this way is easy to mislead people who do not know about bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokokawev658

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:58:55 AM

Bitcoin is a creation of Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto based on Blockchain technology, was born in the world economic crisis of 2008. Desire is to replace paper money in the future. Transfer of the right to issue money from the government through the people.
Ubiaitthoi801

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:17:45 AM

Bitcoin is an encrypted digital currency that was released in 2008. It can be exchanged and traded directly with any Internet-connected device without the need of a financial intermediary. , no one managed, the transaction is completely done immediately & anonymously.
Labonikhatun

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

Bitcoin was invented as a peer-to-peer system for online payments that do not require a trusted central authority. Bitcoin is the first digital currency that is completely distributed. But I think many people know it as the technology behind Bitcoin, but blockchain potential uses extend far beyond digital currencies. However, often I'm asked to explain bitcoin to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most time it's rambling incoherent.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:01:52 AM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

I know your pain, i have exactly the same. Its hard to tell someone what bitcoin is, because you have no idea where to start. If you will be too much vague it will make no sense at all to person listening to you.
Its revolutionary technology without central authority as store of value/currency. Not even sure which one Tongue
Intrachain

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:54:27 PM

I found the following: "Bitcoin is digital money that is tamperproof and openly traded." Short and precise in my opinion.

For more information about it, I highly recommend the following article (It's actually exactly about how to explain Bitcoin in short Wink )
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-perfectly-describe-bitcoin-anyone-one-short-sentence-dryall
cuong1610

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

I prefer black text, the color of this post makes me rather uncomfortable
moiza126

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:37:01 PM

Bitcoin is the first digital currency whose idea was created in 1991 but was implemented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009.It is the most secure currency on the planet and ends the involvement of banking.Moreover it is controlled by you.You can earn coins just by sitting at home basically in your comfort.Anywhere anytime,you can earn coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: