Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:48:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] - 12x Radeon 7950  (Read 817 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:58:18 PM

Hey all,

I have 12, Radeon 7950 GPU's that I no longer need.

They are all in great shape, used for less than 6 months. 

It is a mix of reference and non reference cards......all are in perfect condition and are guaranteed to work upon delivery. 

Asking $300 per card.....would prefer to sell the entire lot in one deal.

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fadiphatu1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:29:02 PM

I'd by the lot at 220 each. If any of  them are sapphires I want nothing to do with them 6 months of mining and those fans are almost certainly almost dead. You're lucky if they last 3 months.
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:44:42 PM

No Sapphires.

$220 is much too low......Thank you though.

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
showtimex

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:32:47 PM

Would like to get more info on the make / brand of these, could you please provide at least a detailed breakdown of that. Then I can send you an offer.  Thanks.
RENDERING

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:35:48 PM

I'd by the lot at 220 each. If any of  them are sapphires I want nothing to do with them 6 months of mining and those fans are almost certainly almost dead. You're lucky if they last 3 months.

Bullshit. I have had Saphire Vaper-x 7950's running for 8 months and the fans are still kickin ass as I type this. I have 12 of them and not a single one has messed up. On the other hand I had a MSI that went to shit.
ehalvers

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:40:07 PM

I tend to avoid, MSI, Sapphire, and XFX.

Just something I have devoloped after years of messing with them lol

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
showtimex

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:19:14 PM

Bullshit. I have had Saphire Vaper-x 7950's running for 8 months and the fans are still kickin ass as I type this. I have 12 of them and not a single one has messed up. On the other hand I had a MSI that went to shit.

While results my vary the poster you responded to was correct, the sapphire fans are pretty weak, and failure of any fan is to be expected (especially these) if you look at the build quality of the fans. They are thin flimsy fans with cheap sleeve bearings, certainly not up to the task of 24/7 mining like we use them for. The fact your's are at least spinning also doesn't prove they are in good shape or functioning properly. I have many spinning fans on my sapphires that are on their last legs and in failure mode. Just be prepared when they fail in the worst possible time during a hot spell in the summer.
showtimex

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:33:38 PM

Yo dawg, put the milk down and answer our questions, that shizzle ain't good for you anyways :p
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:53:12 AM

Yo dawg, put the milk down and answer our questions, that shizzle ain't good for you anyways :p

I need to get down to storage and get pictures and details......I cannot remember exactly what they are.  I will try to do it tomorrow and update the thread.

So busy!

txmasut

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:11:24 AM

While results my vary the poster you responded to was correct, the sapphire fans are pretty weak, and failure of any fan is to be expected (especially these) if you look at the build quality of the fans. They are thin flimsy fans with cheap sleeve bearings, certainly not up to the task of 24/7 mining like we use them for. The fact your's are at least spinning also doesn't prove they are in good shape or functioning properly. I have many spinning fans on my sapphires that are on their last legs and in failure mode. Just be prepared when they fail in the worst possible time during a hot spell in the summer.

Part of it depends on which Sapphire.  We run the 4L versions and have 48 of them running since April without a single problem.  Fans run perfect, no additional noise etc..  Can't speak to the Dual fan designs.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
showtimex

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:32:30 AM

Part of it depends on which Sapphire.  We run the 4L versions and have 48 of them running since April without a single problem.  Fans run perfect, no additional noise etc..  Can't speak to the Dual fan designs.

I think you're right on that, I haven't had any issues with that cage style fan like on the 4L either. Don't have quite as many as you do to compare though, but they seem pretty bullet proof and certainly do come in handy for directional heat in the winter Smiley Dual fan is where the problem is. For comparison, gigabyte have a similar style fan to the dual X but I have yet to have any issues with those fans.

Op, no worries, let me know when you get a chance to update about the cards.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:52:10 AM

which card makers to you have good fans , one of my 7970 ghz vapor x fans is starting to go out
showtimex

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:39:09 AM

I'd by the lot at 220 each. If any of  them are sapphires I want nothing to do with them 6 months of mining and those fans are almost certainly almost dead. You're lucky if they last 3 months.

which card makers to you have good fans , one of my 7970 ghz vapor x fans is starting to go out

The single fan (cage style) mentioned above seem to be good, also single fan powercolor and other similar style single fan solutions seem to work well (although the heatsinks on these particular models are non heatpipe cheapie, but it does the job, they also won't hash as fast as a top tier card like gigabyte or MSI) Gigabyte fans seem to be doing well in all my batches, they would be the perfect card if they didn't explode randomly from time to time, literally. They have a well known weak transistor part that will burn up and they have come pretty close a few times to starting a fire in my rigs, one got so hot (from the burning transistor / circuit board) it melted part of the shroud and fan of the gigabyte card sitting next to it (about 2-3" away), not to mention turning it black from the nasty soot it produced. Perhaps its only certain batches, but I've RMAed a lot with this issue, not all of which were mine. Other than that, they're great though Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: