Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HACKED, lost ETH, following any leads I can. Help appreciated.  (Read 228 times)
2for2in2018 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:20:21 PM

As the title suggests, I was hacked. It was my severance pay that was going to be keeping me going while looking for a new role. I'm running out of leads, and I'm pretty bloody desperate.

Details

1. Received ETH stakes email, took me to website that wasn't reported fraudulent at the time. Didn't even think about it, but I didn't think I entered any wallet info.
2. Yes I'm an idiot.
3. Literally got a new cable for my Ledger Nano yesterday, they managed to clean me out about 12 hours prior to moving the funds over.

Money was moved to ETH address, then Shapeshift and then finally Monero, to these addresses:

49pvwnq6vgnjCEWVSoVtsVYCqr1a9E2rdamj85QmvJ4SMMN6fuz1ADMDLDy2FEt6trhZEefwgWoUwVT 53RMpbtLPPsDPkRp

464awqrhiCB3AwCJpycQNMHnViaoqxuHkPAzRbcdHdmBEtNze6bVq5x21H1ki44no5fFsJXLFnAXwSW wu8jMiTC3LBiysDG

47ir41m4oELS6N6zFbJbc4DPj1s8fsCbDeHiHZwBTv351mCcvQRNGqbUAZQU6JGFCUat6qX3CVXwVEi HsZr8N5RdKmueYT3

Website is registered on Gandi.net, whom I've contacted. http://whois.domaintools.com/xn--etherem-y24c.com

I've posted all over Reddit, and anywhere else I can. I'm not a complete noob, but also not overly technical so I don't know where else to look. IP addresses seem to be the last option?? I'm trying to figure out a way to send a message with XMR but I even emailed one of the devs of Monero and they say that's not possible, just to beg the thieves to return the funds, as it was over 30ETH. Cyber detectives? ANYTHING.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:42:33 PM

There were plenty of hack cases, but afaik no one got their coins/tokens back from the hackers. IP can be traced, however, hackers probably knew about that, so most likely they already have ways to hide their true location.

What are these? They are neither addresses nor hash  Huh

49pvwnq6vgnjCEWVSoVtsVYCqr1a9E2rdamj85QmvJ4SMMN6fuz1ADMDLDy2FEt6trhZEefwgWoUwVT 53RMpbtLPPsDPkRp

464awqrhiCB3AwCJpycQNMHnViaoqxuHkPAzRbcdHdmBEtNze6bVq5x21H1ki44no5fFsJXLFnAXwSW wu8jMiTC3LBiysDG

47ir41m4oELS6N6zFbJbc4DPj1s8fsCbDeHiHZwBTv351mCcvQRNGqbUAZQU6JGFCUat6qX3CVXwVEi HsZr8N5RdKmueYT3

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:48:54 PM

There were plenty of hack cases, but afaik no one got their coins/tokens back from the hackers. IP can be traced, however, hackers probably knew about that, so most likely they already have ways to hide their true location.

What are these? They are neither addresses nor hash  Huh

Same question, what are those addresses or hashes.

I have simply advice to you, you can not get your ETH back to you no matter what you do now. The hackers intention was to steal the money, he did it and ran away and his done with his part of job. You can just sit and watch the scenario and may track down where the money is going but you cant get it back.

Everything is not under jurisdiction here but you may wanna file a FIR against that address and try to track it down with the wallet and owner info. Might help and might not.
four199

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:29:25 AM

I am also quite concerned about hackers
There are a lot of hackers who have stolen their property and seized many of their passwords.
People who commit such acts are despicable
dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:21:44 AM

Unfortunately, the worst thing that can happen to you in the world of crypto is hacking by hackers. There is no way to get back the cryptocurrency, as far as i know, these people are so cruel.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:22:02 AM

As the title suggests, I was hacked. It was my severance pay that was going to be keeping me going while looking for a new role. I'm running out of leads, and I'm pretty bloody desperate.

Details

1. Received ETH stakes email, took me to website that wasn't reported fraudulent at the time. Didn't even think about it, but I didn't think I entered any wallet info.
2. Yes I'm an idiot.
3. Literally got a new cable for my Ledger Nano yesterday, they managed to clean me out about 12 hours prior to moving the funds over.

Money was moved to ETH address, then Shapeshift and then finally Monero, to these addresses:

Website is registered on Gandi.net, whom I've contacted. http://whois.domaintools.com/xn--etherem-y24c.com

I've posted all over Reddit, and anywhere else I can. I'm not a complete noob, but also not overly technical so I don't know where else to look. IP addresses seem to be the last option?? I'm trying to figure out a way to send a message with XMR but I even emailed one of the devs of Monero and they say that's not possible, just to beg the thieves to return the funds, as it was over 30ETH. Cyber detectives? ANYTHING.

I'm sorry for your lost but as stated by monero developer and you can't do anything top recover your amount. he's converted your amount to the monero.
As far as i know to choose the nano ledger as your hardware wallet is a very bad choice, there were dozens of hacked case that already happened in the nano ledger i was using trezor and i didn't get any problem with it.
you should not try to open any suspicious email.
i remember if you have participated in any airdrop and it looks like your email has been sold for those scammers.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

Unfortunately the hacker appears somewhat intelligent running the money through Monero.   You could try to track his IP address but you would think he would know to cover those tracks.  May be your best shot.
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:11:50 PM

I don't' think there is a chance to you getting back your crypto. Once a hacker goes in, its very unfortunate, but no going back. Its best you up your security measures and track them if possible, although the chance is real low now. Very unfortunate.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:31:11 PM

I am sorry to hear about your losses, but there is no way to retrieve your ETH after it has been sent to the hacker’s wallet. I believe the hacker will hide his IP address so it seems very low chance to track him down.
ABMARK

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:22:31 PM

I feel really sorry for you as it looks like there's very less chance getting your ETH back. I have seen quite a few hacking cases like these in the past but none of them could get back their coins from the hackers. The only thing you can do now is to track where your coins are going and if you can trace their IPs you can case a file against them which seems very unlikely to work.
bawa_23

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:32:28 PM

Unfortunately, I think there is no chance you can get back your ETH, after it is hacked by hackers. I have seen hacking cases in my known, nothing happened as they had to change their wallets afterwards.
Maxbold123

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 07:40:16 PM

Sorry for your loss, I feel bad when this happens to people really. But the truth is that realistically, you can't get your funds/tokens back. Blockchain operate on anonymity and due to this, the hacker can't be track for your recovery.
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:05:55 PM

I don't think you are getting back your coins anymore. Cases like these don't end up in a good way. You can definitely trace the coins but you won't be able to locate it for sure now. I hope the country you are residing in will have some policies regarding this so that they can help you. Otherwise, it seems like a lost cause.
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:09:52 PM

I don;t understand. Did you lose your money on Ledger or you have entered your private key on phishing site?
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:11:35 PM

Details

2. Yes I'm an idiot.

Recently hackers are active very actively. I found many cases of hacking this month. My friends were hacked 15ETH. And he seems depressed with this life. Hacked accounts will never return. Be careful and secure your personal computer to avoid being hacked the next time
MetaPhorse007

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:11:23 AM

Although everything is not owned in this market, I think. But you can submit an FIR against that address and try to track it along with the Wallet and the owner's information. I might help you to get ETH back.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:17:01 AM

Just move on mate and start all over. At least, hope is not lost and you can find a way to utilize the space opportunities to get something tangible over time to compensate for your loss. The truth is that you have mistakenly fell into the trap of the hackers carelessly and there is nothing anyone can do about it, no matter the information you try to get, except you want to start getting the identities of the hackers and for the fact that they used shapeshift to convert to Monero (a completely anonymous coin), I guess you already know the rest since you are not a novice. It is a decentralized world and that makes it easier to get their tracks covered pretty fast.
ETHTachometer

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:25:25 PM

Since attacker come for stealing money so we have to be secured. I think it is hard to get the money back but not impossible. Try to get the money by tracking that owner's wallet.
Proo1947

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:55:22 PM

Many people lost their property by hacking, but no one could get their wealth back. Because the hackers have learned to hide themselves. I think you have to be very careful to avoid hacking. Can only protect you with caution. Do not open any unnecessary link or email.
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:34:32 PM

From my point of view you can try to get your ETH back but its no matter you back it or not. Hackers main intention to steal your money. You can try to track it where it goes. It a major issue. They will take positive step to back asset.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: