Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto exchanges by public companies vs private companies  (Read 194 times)
joebnewman (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:25:44 PM

Another public company gets into the crypto exchange business: https://decentralized.tv/bitbox-exchange-launches-line-chat-app-going-bigly-with-security-and-insurance-on-its-exchange/

How do exchanges by public companies stack up against big private ones like Binance and Huobi?
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

It is all about how you get customers and how do you do your service to your every customer to make them stay or use your services. It all about strategy and marketing to get the best result possible.

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
joebnewman (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:40:05 PM

Given an example where something bad happens, say a major hacking, would a public company's exchange have less options to shirk responsibility compared to a private exchange? Does that give traders more confidence?
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:17:53 PM

Actually it is not a matter either its public or Not based on this people wants good services from the company and also if the coin is secure and scam free then people will invest more here.

Right! I really think people now a days prefer to have a more secure way in doing an exchange or trade, And because some people use these exchange as a temporary storage for their recent coins or token They rather have a more secure, reliable, and easy and more active customer service on it, I can not see how a public exchange would work I really think that making it public will have some major difficulties in the security of the site, But let's just hope it will turn the other way around on what I am thinking.
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 06:19:41 PM

Line, a chatting app in Japan has an estimated 200 million monthly active users worldwide and they have already promised to handle 30 different coins at a time. These are just some figures better what most of the private companies are offering, I don't see a reason why they would lag behind just because they are a public company if they offer better service and features than others.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:29:15 PM

Another public company gets into the crypto exchange business: https://decentralized.tv/bitbox-exchange-launches-line-chat-app-going-bigly-with-security-and-insurance-on-its-exchange/

How do exchanges by public companies stack up against big private ones like Binance and Huobi?

Public company here essentially means an investor funded company and private company means the investments came from a private source like Private equity or angel investors. However, being a trader, do we really consider these factors while opening an account or executing trades through an exchange? I believe no! However, it is just a good to know information for the users. What really matters is the functionality of a particular exchange. 

But this Bitbox exchange has one very good feature as Insurance. That is one very important feature that is missing in many privately funded or publicly funded exchanges. To stack up against the big exchanges, functionality and features are important above all!

NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:04:30 PM

Line has been in the business for a long time now with the highest number of user base in Japan among all other chatting apps and recently they have hopped into crypto exchange business despite being a public company. However, according to me, it doesn't really matter the type of company you are if you have a good strategy, roadmap and marketing techniques, you can flourish easily.
RaidNow

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:39:46 AM

Private or public is not a big deal from my opinion. Main fact is how actually they deal with their customers. If their strategy and business policy are good enough they will surely succeed on this market.
BTCisAngelCoin

Activity: 215

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:05:59 AM

I think it will be described about how you can get customers and keep your service to each of them or using your services. The best results are potentially all about strategies and marketing to get it.
BTCHeadstone

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:21:37 PM

I know that there are no brokers involved in the cryptoindustries ecosystem. But if we look at others parties there has a huge risk you will be able to trade with basic limit orders. And I guess Cryptocurrency wants to accelerate the enhancement of blockchain among the public discretion.
AmazingTiger

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:54:58 PM

to be honest it depends on your strategy and demands so you should choose it depends on that, in public companies there will be huge formalities but it usually is safer than private companies , so whatever you choose my advice will be choose it wisely
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

Public exchange companies are sometimes appreciated more than private exchange companies like Binance, Kucoin etc. People feel safer investing in Public exchanges because here Govt. is included in my opinion. People are more likely to put their money on that project which has govt. affiliation. They think, If the project goes down, it is gvt. who will give them compensation but Pvt are not. But most of the PVT is going well and doesn't sink in the market. This is just my thoughts.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:40:30 AM

With 200 active users each month, Line, a social app has decided to handle 30 different coins at once. If any public company offer better quality and added value to their service, anything is possible. These features bring in more value to a company, be it public or private.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:06:05 AM

There are many exchanges out there and i don't see any special advantage/features for trader/cryptocurrency investor. In this case, only Bitbox and it's investor who would enjoy the advantage.

What trader/cryptocurrency investor really need is exchange with truly good security, helpful customer services and guarantee in case the coins is stolen. But i'd rather see decentralized exchange which is more user-friendly Roll Eyes
Nothing really new if there are news like whether it's from public or private company. The range of traders are growing and it's essential for these companies to step in and gain the momentum while there is still an advantage to take of.

I think it's not really matter public or private.matter is how the service they actually provided. If they provide the best service according to investors expectation i think then it will stay on this market.
Yes like what I quoted above.

IsabellaSophia

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:50:23 PM

At the end of the day, it does not matter if it is a public or private company. All we care is about the product, the efficiency of it, and with no scam.               
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:06:32 AM

I see pretty much no difference if you are talking about centralized exchanges. All companies are subject to government regulations and everything could go wrong with any company in a matter of days. We will only find out when our money is far gone. I’d still stick to decentralized exchanges like Idex, Ethen and Etherdelta. Don’t know who they are run by and don’t need to care about it.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: