Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PLATO's Bitcoin Road Trip Completed! [June 19-? Bonus round! SFO PDX SEA YVR]  (Read 23983 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:07:32 PM

if u get into a real pinch for gas, let me know.  i think i can get u all the way across the US.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 08:52:20 PM

Hey Bit_Happy -

I'm alright, I haven't had time to post much in the past week...

Great, have fun.  Smiley

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 05:06:31 AM

PLATO bought a tank of gas from my grandmother for 16 BTC. Cheesy

She's like "what the heck do I do with these things?" and I told her to give them to me for my birthday so she is.

CHA-CHING! Cool
eof

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:01:31 PM

We are trying to send plato a shirt (maybe two cus laundry on the road sucks!) for his road trip.

Apparently he is going from TX->OK->CO if anyone along the way there can accept a shirt for him please let him know.
PLATO (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 05:09:39 PM

Sup guys -

I'm at EvanR's apartment in Baton Rouge now. I'm packing my stuff up, planning to leave in about an hour. My next known destination is Austin, TX, where I will do a podcast with AtlasLGo.

I am also trying my damnedest to get on Alex Jones' show and Joe Rogan's podcast. I would appreciate any support you guys can offer, whether it's twitter mentions, contact forms, or any other ways you can try to get in touch with these guys. Both have extremely open-minded audiences who would love to hear about Bitcoins.

Keep an eye on my Twitter feed, I post more regularly there than therealplato.com.

Cheers!

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
PLATO (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:54:19 AM

Sup everyone -
I just reached Denver. I'm happy to report that I'm well over halfway across the country without spending a single dollar. I uploaded a ton of pictures here and video will be uploaded when I have some hours to paw through my footage. Yesterday I was too close for comfort to the deadly tornado in Joplin, MO... got stuck in a hailstorm for a bit.

My plan is to stick around in Denver for about a week, since I have some family here, then continue to Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. I'm hoping to arrive in San Diego during the first week of June then continue north to LA. My initial goal was to reach LA on bitcoin alone so I may start spending dollars as I travel up the coast... thoughts?

As always, any donations are appreciated!
-PLATO

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
ne1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 04:24:36 AM

little confused, did you end up going through Austin?  I've got peeps in Austin and Salt Lake City.

PLATO (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 04:37:11 AM

Yep I hit Austin about a week ago. That's a pretty cool town, I met some fun people. I'll be in Salt Lake in about a week. Also gonna try and edit my map to make it a bit more readable.

magicman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:26:50 PM

If you find yourself near Chicago or Indianapolis, let me know.  I just got started with bitcoin but I can see what i can do to help.
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 06:58:30 PM

Awesome journey! This should be filmed.

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
PLATO (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 06:21:18 PM

Update!

I'm about to head out of Denver. I'm going to meet mndrix in Wyoming and get some gas, then look for a national forest where I can camp for the night. Bright and early Tuesday morning, I'm heading westwards to Salt Lake City. I'm planning on staying in Salt Lake for a few days; I would really like to tell some businesspeople about Bitcoins. If anyone has contacts in SLC who are interested I'd be glad to sit down and explain the system. Also, I haven't lined up places to crash in SLC yet.

I went skydiving with my uncle on Saturday and paid him some bitcoins. I need to find a simple video editing suite for Linux so I can cut together the footage that I took. I have like 30 gigs of video sitting on my hard drive that needs to be edited, so any recommendations are appreciated!
-PLATO

eof

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 06:51:17 PM

Update!
I need to find a simple video editing suite for Linux so I can cut together the footage that I took.
-PLATO

check these two posts for ubersimple, uberportable video editing

Cut up video files with ffmpeg
http://webhostingneeds.com/Cut_video_using_ffmpeg

Put them together with mencoder
http://www.misterhowto.com/index.php?category=Computers&subcategory=Video&article=join_with_mencoder
redfox

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 07:21:31 PM

Saw your piece on Corbett today.  Nice piece.  I will donate bitcoins to you if I can ever get it working.
PLATO (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:20:28 AM

I posted an AMA to Reddit, help me hit frontpage? http://redd.it/hql62

I got some sick vinyls on my car thanks to casascius's wife, I'll upload some photos to my blog tomorrow. I'm going on air on KTKK tomorrow morning to talk about Bitcoins, liberty and agorism with Clint Richardson and a constitutional lawyer, then I'm heading south to Vegas!

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:35:13 AM

Sounds like fun as long as you avoid too much daytime heat.  Smiley

ne1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 05:15:56 PM

Yo Man, if you're still in salt lake let me know.  I've got peeps there.  I can get you hooked up with some bomb sushi.

Fleembit

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:27:46 PM

I posted an AMA to Reddit, help me hit frontpage? http://redd.it/hql62

Should have let us know at /r/Bitcoin, we could have helped upvote it. Next time I guess.
true

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:03:21 AM

In Vegas yet? We've got a Bitcoin meetup down here and could get together. Let me know if you're interested.
PLATO (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:33:40 AM

true - Sorry, you missed me. :-/ I'm in LA! (Or close enough to count Cheesy)

I met up with BrightAnarchist in Vegas then Dissipate in San Diego. Now I'm staying with Coinman in orange county.

I've got in touch with everyone on my map who's in LA but I've probably missed some people. I'm gonna go to the Crash Space hackerspace at 8pm tuesday and maybe give a presentation there. Bitcoin meetup?

I am going to stick around for about a week and continue north to SFO / Portland / Seattle / Vancouver. I'm having too much fun to stop now. So far I love San Diego and California, I'm looking forward to seeing what lies north.

I'd like to plan out my route more carefully now that I'm on the tech-heavy west coast, so let me know if there's anyone I should meet, anywhere I should talk about Bitcoins, or anything I should see or do.

Thanks a ton to everyone who's helped me make it this far - everyone who's sent me coins, you rule, everyone who I've met, you rock.

PLATO

Ajego

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 05:34:45 PM

really nice idea. hope you could "convert" some people to Bitcoin Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: