Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks have no deposit atms, we do  (Read 1625 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 05:06:58 PM

I only use online banks and there's no way to deposit cash. Bitcoin has finally improved this scenario. Not only can I deposit cash, the entire Bitcoin network is mine. No more looking for those logos.

I predict the big banks will die but the online banks will soon embrace us. All hail ING. They're awesome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knightmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:31:31 PM

I only use online banks and there's no way to deposit cash. Bitcoin has finally improved this scenario. Not only can I deposit cash, the entire Bitcoin network is mine. No more looking for those logos.

I predict the big banks will die but the online banks will soon embrace us. All hail ING. They're awesome.
Where have you been for the last 5 years, nearly every bank in my area can take cash & check deposits directly into the ATM 24 hours a day.  Huh

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:32:35 PM

Where have you been for the last 5 years, nearly every bank in my area can take cash & check deposits directly into the ATM 24 hours a day.  Huh

Yeah... I always deposit my checks from work at the ATM. Usually by the time I get home the money is in my account.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:32:57 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:35:24 PM by bitpop

whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:33:42 PM

Look at the man's avatar. They don't have these fancy new ATM's in the 1980's yet..

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

I don't go out much...
Where are you?
your statement looks like either of 80s or you are in some place where banking is still in fucking 80s situation.
I do support Bitcoin but Bitcoin is not here to kill Banks and Fiat
Bitcoin is here to move together with fiat and Banks.

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:38:22 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:35:32 PM by bitpop

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:46:52 PM

I don't go out much...
Where are you?
your statement looks like either of 80s or you are in some place where banking is still in fucking 80s situation.

Usa but I leave the house like once a year

To be fair, some banks in order to offer higher interest rates and lower costs eschew ATMS or branch locations. One of my banks doesn't work with cash at all, (oddly enough) and it's all online. You get a bank card but it's only for purchases as you have to use rival banks atms to withdraw, and pay a fee. They are basically for saving money. Ripe for the Bitcoin taking if you ask me.

more or less retired.
BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

I don't go out much...
Where are you?

Arbor Day, right?

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:40:23 PM

Look at the man's avatar. They don't have these fancy new ATM's in the 1980's yet..

The wood panel is epic.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 08:05:31 PM

I'm from Austria, which I wouldn't really consider underdeveloped.  But here I have yet to see a single ATM that allows deposits.  Is this something common elsewhere?

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:11:33 PM

Banks won't die. They will adapt. Same as governments. You can't kill something like that. Especially when we use fiat to put a value on bitcoin and they have a lot of fiat currency.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:12:30 PM

I'm from canada, and I guess I can say we are overdevelopped? lol.  Canada also has been accepting cheque-depositing at ATMs for probably over 20 years.  the first cheque depositing atm was around in the 1960s.

My bank allows instant check-deposits, so i just take an screenshot from my phone of the front and back of a cheque, and it automatically processes.  Never have to go to a bank to get it processed.
We also have really cheap Real Time Bank to Bank transfers conduct via Email.

Sure Bitcoin is a lot cheaper, but real world currency has products available to these issues.  Just might be a regional issue.

CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

I don't go out much...
Where are you?

Why?
h3rlihy

Activity: 356

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:53:08 PM

To photosynthesise.
BetWithCoins

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:53:06 AM

ATM's have been accepting cash and cheque deposits for 30years.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:58:38 AM

Here in the US most ATM's accept cash and check deposits.

The ATM's automatically count the cash and it's available in your account balance instantly without any holds...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:02:14 AM

The ATM's automatically count the cash and it's available in your account balance instantly without any holds...
They must be in a certain region, or maybe just larger towns/cities? I've never seen an ATM which takes cash. Then again, all the ATMs here are either inside or right outside the credit unions and banks (good if you just want to swing by and grab your balance without spending more than a minute, but with $300 withdrawal limits, not much else). Cheesy
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:09:45 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:35:44 PM by bitpop

BitcoinBobbeh

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:21:42 AM

I don't believe it

Don't believe, just acknowledge it exists.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: