Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC refused winklevoss twins BTC ETF request again.  (Read 103 times)
meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:19:29 PM

So it is not the first time but the pricedrop as of writing is so signifcant I wonder when do you guys go long again.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:24:30 PM

it's the new 'china bans bitcoin' which became 'south korea bans bitcoin'. it's the gift that keeps on giving. i'll bet some of these wall st guys make their own applications just so they can keep on being denied to spook people.

i don't believe any of these applications will pass. it's going to take many years to convince the SEC to rubber stamp something like this.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:58:18 PM

i don't believe any of these applications will pass. it's going to take many years to convince the SEC to rubber stamp something like this.

Same. All the hype around these applications seem like an excuse to pump and sell into the market. The SEC doesn't take ETF applications lightly; some take years for approval. Given their lack of insight into, and jurisdiction over the spot market, they have every reason not to rush approval on an ETF.

Here's a source for the story: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/26/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-etf-rejected-by-sec.html

Winklevoss twins bitcoin ETF rejected by SEC

• The Securities and Exchange Commission rejected a second attempt by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, founders of crypto exchange Gemini, to list the first-ever cryptocurrency ETF on a regulated exchange.
  • The U.S. financial watchdog has yet to approve a cryptocurrency-based ETF and in the release Thursday highlights issues with security, market manipulation and investor protection issues.

"...issues with security, market manipulation and investor protection issues" -- this applies to all ETF applications. Doesn't sound promising!

meerkatoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:37:29 PM

SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce has published a statement of official dissent from the agency’s disapproval of the Winklevoss application.

Link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-sec-commissioner-dissents-from-agency-s-rejection-of-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 05:42:44 PM

So it is not the first time but the pricedrop as of writing is so signifcant I wonder when do you guys go long again.

whats a bitcoin ETF and whats the use of it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: