Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and Worst Case Scenario for Bitcoin  (Read 1115 times)
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:43:22 AM

Guys yesterday had a conversation with a friend and we found ourselves discussing this issue: What is the best and worst case scenario for Bitcoin?
From the conversation it emerged (this is not from using bitcoin as investment vehicle) purely by assuming we understood the objectives of Satoshi lol! would be:
Worst case scenario: It is overtaken by govt cartels and it becomes another type of gold just a store of value with huge transaction fees, also it finds a stable price which does not augur well with "investors" and thus the perceived bitcoin bubble maybe a price of $3000 maybe not a pessimistic though  Grin
Best case scenario: Bitcoin lives to serve its purpose of being the internet currency with global adoption of-course "rekting" government and other central capitalistic entities. In a nutshell promoting financial inclusion worldwide.
Those are just thoughts of guys who were having a beer and maybe we thought too much but anyways members can contribute hoping to be roasted as well for my bitcoin newbie thoughts Grin

We are not quite sure what may be the possible and impossible scenario for bitcoin. We are all aware that it is more of an unpredictable series pf scenario which is sometimes not being repeated. Therefore, with regard to this, a lot of manipulation to hold and control bitcoin are being imposed to allow bitcoin controlling or even governed. This, for me, could possibly be the worst scenario the bitcoin economy could manage to encounter so far.
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:18:50 AM

Guys yesterday had a conversation with a friend and we found ourselves discussing this issue: What is the best and worst case scenario for Bitcoin?
From the conversation it emerged (this is not from using bitcoin as investment vehicle) purely by assuming we understood the objectives of Satoshi lol! would be:
Worst case scenario: It is overtaken by govt cartels and it becomes another type of gold just a store of value with huge transaction fees, also it finds a stable price which does not augur well with "investors" and thus the perceived bitcoin bubble maybe a price of $3000 maybe not a pessimistic though  Grin
Best case scenario: Bitcoin lives to serve its purpose of being the internet currency with global adoption of-course "rekting" government and other central capitalistic entities. In a nutshell promoting financial inclusion worldwide.
Those are just thoughts of guys who were having a beer and maybe we thought too much but anyways members can contribute hoping to be roasted as well for my bitcoin newbie thoughts Grin

For me the best and worst scenario for bitcoin is that the price of it. It is best when the price of it increase to its high price and worst when the price of it drops to 0. You need to wait for a long time so that the worst scenario will be best.

adifariz

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:54:22 AM

Your conclusion about the worst case and the best case with your bitcoin, the worst thing for me is when bitcoin is not accepted in all countries and must be blocked in all countries of the world, and the best scenario is when bitcoin is used for everyone in the world that makes government automatically making bitcoin legal if it happens, it can destroy the economy of many people.
nazarovv

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:16:22 AM

The second one i think is more likely to happen, Worldwide adoption is now fast approaching, more and more countires and internaional companies are now adopting bitcoin.
oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:30:04 AM

I also agree with you that about bitcoin status up to today many countries try to ban bitcoin while others receive bitcoin what is no solution for countries that do not accept bitcoin? while bitcoin users are almost comprehensive in all countries, please solve it?
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1256

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:31:51 AM

This is pure fantasy on my behalf but here are my + and - scenarios:

Worst case: that there is a 51% type takeover and iit vecomes controlled by a central group

Best case: after many years of governments trying to ban bitcoin and high profile people trying
to drive the value down, all efforts are abandoned after realising how futile it was. Bitcoin adoption
soars with new users and traders for buying and selling goods and services. New earning opportunities
are created for bitcoin and other crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:22:59 AM

Worst of the worst is that when the government creates its own crypto currency and dominates the usage which will be legalized and implemented legally then bitcoin will be just an ordinary crypto with diminishing value and usage.
Best scenario is the opposite it will  the highest value that is attained by bitcoin and be regarded as the most popular crypto currency in the history which is widely accepted as payment in any type of transaction at any big or small shops all over the world.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GhostKnight

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:39:08 PM

There seems to be no possibility that BTC will be taken under the government. Also, the future of bitcoins is bright. This coin still has the number one ranking in the market, despite the terrible times it faced in the market recently.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

By the way of things Bitcoin walks to be treated like a commoditie, can be used as means of payment, but by its scarcity its great asset will be the reserve of global value. Your proposal fits very well for this purpose.
AmazingTiger

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:36:15 PM

To be honest, this market is a bit too complex for the government to control. The worst it can do is, ban it. And the market's future does look very good indeed given it's popularity is increasing day by day.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:39:57 PM

Bitcoin can not be managed by the government or any other agency, but the bitcoin can be manipulated by a party, so I am afraid that there will be a party who wants to play bitcoin by means of manipulation, if that happens, then it can destroy the economy of many people.

I agree with that but they can do that I mean they have the power to do that d I guess this is will be the worst thing that might happened with Bitcoin is that sooner it might be regulated by the governments and the nature of this community will be modified with regards to thing that they want to do and the best thing that might be is that the ptice of Bitcoin is very expensive and so much opportunity to give to people.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:13:48 PM

The worst case scenario is that bitcoin disappears and nothing replaces it, an scenario in which the powerful take control of bitcoin could happen but what it is stopping us to adopt another cryptocurrency and make it the new bitcoin? Even if the project launched by satoshi is not the one that becomes successful at the end if a cryptocurrency is the one to to becomes a safeguard against governments tyranny then the vision of satoshi will be fulfilled.
doroshok1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:17:51 PM

In General, I agree with you, but let me add something from myself. The cue ball can't be controlled by anyone now, and it can't be controlled later.

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
isidrorex

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

Your ideas are good to talk about but I don't believe Bitcoin can be controlled by any form of government anytime soon. Bitcoin will always be independent and I believe in it's future in the society and in the economic world soon. That is why it is good that we should invest as early as now so that we can have more profit soon. Bitcoin is life.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:46:29 PM

The best scenario for bitcoin is that it reach above 20k for a month then everybody will become rich in an instant. The worst case scenario is that bitcoin if it die, bitcoin will have no value, no more circulating supply anymore.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:50:24 PM

The best scenario for bitcoin is that it reach above 20k for a month then everybody will become rich in an instant. The worst case scenario is that bitcoin if it die, bitcoin will have no value, no more circulating supply anymore.

But coin will not die or disappear or ban until the internet is there in the world and yes sometimes it might be a worst Nightmare what if bitcoin is banned in our particular country if that's the case we need to operate it using proxy.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:52:42 PM

Worst case scenario is when government bans bitcoin permanently.
elygil2022

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

REMIIT.IO

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:59:19 PM

There is no Worst Case Scenario for bitcoin. Again, why fear governments?  Please stop the paranoia. Best Case Scenario is bitcoin going mainstream. But we already know that.  Wink

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
REMIIT.IO ║ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform (https://remiit.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:01:06 PM

So the conclusion is all in goverment hands. If they choose to allow it then btc will rise and if they deny then btc will fall. Currently btc is in grey area. The key factor is people to push goverment to fully-legalized crypto and support it.
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

We all have these positive feelings about Bitcoin and his future. With some variation it looks like mass adoption of upcoming years and  Value of $50000. Would be necessary to achieve previous point . But imagine none of this would happen. What could the reason ? i think major reason will government restrictions regarding acceptance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: