Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and Worst Case Scenario for Bitcoin  (Read 1115 times)
Sydney Chapman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:30:18 AM

It is unlikely, but Bitcoin could render government currency irrelevant and obsolete. That would be bad for the market for official currency, but it would not happen unless it were good for everyone and everything else.
James Fleming

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:41:29 AM

Worse case scenario: loss of confidence in btc would collapse the entire crypto market. The mrkt cap at the time would go straight to zero and a massive evaporation of wealth would kill the possibility of ever again having an alternative currency.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 04:47:58 AM

it doesn't matter what will happen to bitcoin, they can have it all if they can. but the government or cartel would have to chase all these sprouting tokens and coins to actually control all these. they will be chasing the wind in this case as there will be more coins coming out. there is no way an organization can control crypto, they'd have to give up the market and leave it decentralize.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dilemamis

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:49:24 AM

the worst thing for me is when bitcoin is not accepted in all countries and must be blocked in all countries in the world, and the best scenario is when bitcoin is used for everyone in the world that makes the government automatically make bitcoin legal if it happens, it can destroy many people economy.
Erga Di Kenesis Lascrea

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

Hmm. I don't agree with you about worst case, Because, how can government control bitcoin? how to control market? how to control blockchain? how to control transaction? it just can be manipulated by some people who sell or buy bitcoin in higher or lower price. And that affected the price Smiley
Fmradio98

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:17:45 PM

most exceedingly bad is that when the administration makes its own digital money and overwhelms the utilization which will be sanctioned and executed lawfully then bitcoin will be only a customary crypto with reducing quality and use.
Best situation is the contrary it will the most elevated esteem that is accomplished by bitcoin and be viewed as the most prominent digital currency in the history which is broadly acknowledged as installment in an exchange.
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:25:06 PM

Best case scenario for bitcoin is it will be widely accepted and price will reach $ 20k  again by the december, I hope. Worst case scenario would be , it will be $1k by december and continue to lose its support.

robertsu

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

What if to imagine a scenario when Bitcoin will be a world currency. Volatility in him becoming a minimum, all governments doing a calculation in Bitcoins. Every person has a own the official registration purce. This a means that all transactions people publicly available. Of course the government can't to made all anonymous, because should be a control payment of taxes. Is this scenario good or bad?
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 05:32:55 PM

For me there is no worst case scenerio for bitcoin I can think of, because it is very secure, decentralized etc. You can create this topic for tokens that will be better.

nikogluttonym

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

While we see the development of the worst scenario. But all the same we hope for the best scenario.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
indopool

Activity: 403

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:04:11 PM

The worst thing for me is when bitcoin is not accepted in all countries, and the best scenario is when bitcoin is used for everyone in the world that makes the government automatically make bitcoin legal if it happens, it can destroy the economy of many people.
nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:09:15 PM

I agree with you with your conclusions about the worst case and the best case with your bitcoin, the worst thing for me is when bitcoin is not accepted in all countries and must block in all countries in the world.
tumis

Activity: 1022
Merit: 69

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

The worst case scenario.

Elon Musk returns with the team in his Martian mission together with his ultra energy, the size of a grain of sand.
Returns and hackes all coins with computational power, which we didn't even dream of.

At the pace of today's development it is not real?
The question is whether it will be easier to obtain such energy from space or to extract gold or discover the material that will become such a gold.
Still 100 years gold was certain. But, today neither gold nor bitcoin is so.

Such "interesting" times are coming -]
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:22:06 AM

Guys yesterday had a conversation with a friend and we found ourselves discussing this issue: What is the best and worst case scenario for Bitcoin?
From the conversation it emerged (this is not from using bitcoin as investment vehicle) purely by assuming we understood the objectives of Satoshi lol! would be:
Worst case scenario: It is overtaken by govt cartels and it becomes another type of gold just a store of value with huge transaction fees, also it finds a stable price which does not augur well with "investors" and thus the perceived bitcoin bubble maybe a price of $3000 maybe not a pessimistic though  Grin
Best case scenario: Bitcoin lives to serve its purpose of being the internet currency with global adoption of-course "rekting" government and other central capitalistic entities. In a nutshell promoting financial inclusion worldwide.
Those are just thoughts of guys who were having a beer and maybe we thought too much but anyways members can contribute hoping to be roasted as well for my bitcoin newbie thoughts Grin

Depends on what You mean by "best" and "worse". For who?

Best: BTC will resonate around 5500 and 7200 for a while, allowing scammers to earn some more via pump&dump (as happened tonight).
Worst: BTC will be over by 2020.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:36:45 AM

I believe that the answer is in the history of bitcoin in how it has been behaved and how it has been taken by some people as a long term investment as a reserve of value others as daily work others as exchange currency others as an internet business others like currency bitcoin has many fields of use is very dynamic can be what your thoughts tell you there are still many uses that we are not given and that we are not undiscovered without a doubt bitcoin is great and is already becoming a fashion among the youngest Hopefully we have a good year

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:34:54 AM

For me, the best scenario for Bitcoin when i see the price reached $19,800 which is the ATH that its look like the price will never end of rising before and the worst scenario is when the price falls at below $6,000 that its looks like Bitcoin is reaching the end point of zero value.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:40:14 AM

Worst case scenario is that someone finds a security flaw that renders bitcoin completely worthless. Quantum computing is not too far away and although it cant break the current security, it might help to identify holes that no one else previously discovered.

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:46:07 AM

The best case scenario for Bitcoin to me is it's value and what it has offer to us as a new technology and new means of payment with easy way and very unique .

It was case is when it dip from high price to low price in value which gives many concern and makes some pull out in investing and manipulation is another worst case which need to really work on for big whales to allow market go in a normal shape.

Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:46:11 AM

Worst case is if it did not break the 5-digit barrier before year end. Best case is bitcoin breaks its previous record high of $20,000.    I don’t look that too far ahead.  Cheesy
I agree- its too difficult to predict the far future but everyone's minimal goal is to meet 20k by 2019. worst case, to have the price keep dropping
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:35:57 AM

Guys yesterday had a conversation with a friend and we found ourselves discussing this issue: What is the best and worst case scenario for Bitcoin?
From the conversation it emerged (this is not from using bitcoin as investment vehicle) purely by assuming we understood the objectives of Satoshi lol! would be:
Worst case scenario: It is overtaken by govt cartels and it becomes another type of gold just a store of value with huge transaction fees, also it finds a stable price which does not augur well with "investors" and thus the perceived bitcoin bubble maybe a price of $3000 maybe not a pessimistic though  Grin
Best case scenario: Bitcoin lives to serve its purpose of being the internet currency with global adoption of-course "rekting" government and other central capitalistic entities. In a nutshell promoting financial inclusion worldwide.
Those are just thoughts of guys who were having a beer and maybe we thought too much but anyways members can contribute hoping to be roasted as well for my bitcoin newbie thoughts Grin

I think maybe one of the worst case scenario is that when bitcoin die or big event happen with bitcoin all other exchange market like hacking not just a simple hacking but stealing very big amount of bitcoin to the users. If this happen it may cause the end of bitcoin because many users been hacked and maybe they won't continue to invest on it. Best scenario is that  bitcoin will help all the people in the world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: