Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:33:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner starts then turns off then start and loops etc  (Read 348 times)
loader140 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:33:47 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 09:44:22 PM by loader140

Hi, this is my temorary miner (in video will post URL after it uploads to youtube), I just built this to test the parts out as they are all new and then I will be buying a metal case to fit them in (a proper square tube 25X5 tube case) but for now I have a major problem, the miner turns on loads to windows 'starting windows' thing and the red dot show then it just turns off then back on and loops continually.

My SSD had windows 7 installed on another mobo so I don't know if that is it but I have used it on a 3rd mobo (although it was the same make and model nearly the one it was installed on was M4A77T and the 2nd one it worked on was M4A77TD now I have the ASROCK pro BTC one) So if I reinstall windows would that fix my problems? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 7 ultimate 64-BIT
Intel? 1155 socket
ASROCK pro BTC 1155
4GB hyperX ram (also tried corsair RAM and samsung)
7950 HIS and also tried Gigabyte 270 bot had the same effect
OCZ vertex plus
EVGA 750W supernova

Any help much appreciated, also if the fix works I will be happy to donate a days mining to you (about 2 M/H)

EDIT URL http://youtu.be/7qONPmcOjvE Will be liver in about 10 minutes
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:10:32 PM

Moving Windows installations from one mobo to other can lead to trouble, yes. Perhaps you installed Windows with the storage controller (on the BIOS) configured to AHCI and now it's on IDE, or the other way around.

Reinstalling Windows on the motherboard you plan to use and keeping the same storage configuration, will improve or fix your situation.

OCZ are typically bad SSDs though, that may be an extra point of failure.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
loader140 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:17:05 PM

Moving Windows installations from one mobo to other can lead to trouble, yes. Perhaps you installed Windows with the storage controller (on the BIOS) configured to AHCI and now it's on IDE, or the other way around.

Reinstalling Windows on the motherboard you plan to use and keeping the same storage configuration, will improve or fix your situation, yes.

OCZ are typically bad SSDs though, that may be an extra point of failure.

OMFG WOW thanks, WOW do I feel stupid :/ WOW such a simple fix thanks, BTW I am still waiting on a few risers to turn up so I won't be able to reward you for about another week ok, thanks for the help, I will know what to do in the future XD also if you want the reward PM me your pool details or your DOGE address and ill mine/send you coins after a day of mining withing the next 2 weeks

I bought the OCZ for £10 off a mate (120GB so went for it)

And the 1st solution worked fine, thanks again H.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: