Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LiveChains owner Mark Shirley ripped off the DopeCoin developer  (Read 4411 times)
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:30:50 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 10:42:20 PM by dopey

It is with deep regret that I must write the following post.

After trying for many days now to solve this matter, I am left with little choice but to warn others based on my experience.

Around a month ago Mark Shirley was introduced to me by Otakusama (the developer turned thief that also ripped off the DopeCoin fund).
Mark was paid in the form of a $2500USD Paypal payment as well as 1.25 BTC totaling an agreed upon $3500. He was supposed to provide 3 mining pools, launch and host the DopeCoin website and pools, and also provide month long mining contracts for myself and a friend that also wanted to invest $1000.

I don't know if you guys remember what happened with DopeCoin's first launch but the website/wallet downloads as well as all three mining pools were offline within 5 seconds of launch. After DopeCoin's failed launch Mark said that he would refund me my money.

I have tried to be patient with Mark over the last week and a half and have offered him various ways to make this right. He was offered to pay me back half of the btc within a week at which I would even accept an inflated $750 valuation and then given a month to provide mining services to pay off the remainder of the amount owed.

He has lied to me throughout this process on numerous occasions and flip flopped around for well over a week. I have resorted to having to threaten him with action if he did not do the right thing. And now sadly after only receiving 0.49 BTC back I have been forced to take that action.

The situation has turned somewhat hostile and he has now chosen to ignore me completely after making a final statement saying that he will make me wait the maximum amount of days possible on my paypal dispute so that I will have to wait as long as possible to get my money back.

I strongly caution against doing business with this guy folks, you have no right to that money Mark and you claimed to of given out thousands in refunds due to Otakusama turning rogue, if that is the case.... Where is my refund?

I am very disappointed that after trying for days to negotiate my refund that this is the option you left me with.

LiveChains
Mark Shirkey
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=169533
BTC Forum name = Perfectsquare

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:52:52 AM

Complaint filed with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Contacting the UK office of fair trading now
Radikus

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 12:51:55 PM

Damn that sucks, I can only imagine how that feels.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:27:21 PM

Horrible what he did. Sucks to hear man Sad

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:34:47 PM

Is it Shirley or Shirkey?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

And definitely dispute the PayPal payment at least, and cut your losses.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dopey (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:01:18 PM

Is it Shirley or Shirkey?

Shirley

And yes thank you, I am disputing the Paypal payment and hoping for a good result.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:12:57 PM

The failed launch was my first attempt at mining a coin right from the start...I was excited...I had wood...  Grin
Everything started ok, and I had a few blocks coming in, and then POOF...the coins left my wallet and I was speechless...  Shocked
After some mucking around with settings, I established that it wasn't my rig that was the problem...  Huh

Thanks Mark, you piece of shit.  Angry

Go ahead and waste my money or waste my weed; I can always get more of those...but DO NOT WASTE MY TIME.  Angry

OFF WITH HIS HEAD. (both of them)  Angry
wellwellwell

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:44:00 PM

It is with deep regret that I must write the following post.

After trying for many days now to solve this matter, I am left with little choice but to warn others based on my experience.

Around a month ago Mark Shirley was introduced to me by Otakusama (the developer turned thief that also ripped off the DopeCoin fund).
Mark was paid in the form of a $2500USD Paypal payment as well as 1.25 BTC totaling an agreed upon $3500. He was supposed to provide 3 mining pools, launch and host the DopeCoin website and pools, and also provide month long mining contracts for myself and a friend that also wanted to invest $1000.

I don't know if you guys remember what happened with DopeCoin's first launch but the website/wallet downloads as well as all three mining pools were offline within 5 seconds of launch. After DopeCoin's failed launch Mark said that he would refund me my money.

I have tried to be patient with Mark over the last week and a half and have offered him various ways to make this right. He was offered to pay me back half of the btc within a week at which I would even accept an inflated $750 valuation and then given a month to provide mining services to pay off the remainder of the amount owed.

He has lied to me throughout this process on numerous occasions and flip flopped around for well over a week. I have resorted to having to threaten him with action if he did not do the right thing. And now sadly after only receiving 0.49 BTC back I have been forced to take that action.

The situation has turned somewhat hostile and he has now chosen to ignore me completely after making a final statement saying that he will make me wait the maximum amount of days possible on my paypal dispute so that I will have to wait as long as possible to get my money back.

I strongly caution against doing business with this guy folks, you have no right to that money Mark and you claimed to of given out thousands in refunds due to Otakusama turning rogue, if that is the case.... Where is my refund?

I am very disappointed that after trying for days to negotiate my refund that this is the option you left me with.

LiveChains
Mark Shirkey
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=169533
BTC Forum name = Perfectsquare

please look in your email inbox dopey.... i have sent you a personal email
ahs23

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:47:53 PM

I have found Mark Shirley to be unreliable, unprofessional, moody, vengeful and grandiose in my short time dealing with him. I decided to do a quick Google search on him, and this thread popped up. I won't be dealing with him anymore, I wouldn't recommend that anyone else does, and therefore decided that I too should add my +1 to this thread despite it being a bit old.
xslugx

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:17:07 AM

I am sad to see this. Especially from DOPEY. You k ew it was Otakusama that caused the issues with your coin not mark. I coded a lot of the changes and Otaka compiled it. I never had a compiler setup it was not until after otaka dissapeared that anyone knew. You cannot just blame everyone
 Blame the actual person that is responsible. I thought this was handled forever ago. Seriously.  I helped compile the coin. I would say almost for 2 weels straight. Had I had the ability to compile(which I should have had) I would have realized otaka was a scam artist. Dopey is angry cause his coin was forked after spending so much. Stop pointing at mark, the main dev was otaka. He literally was breakingthe coin by deleting sections of code. I have not been on the forums in a while but am sad to see this post. Dopey did not pay me. I did work for otaka on belief that he was honest. So I was lied to. So a dev that works and gets scammed how much worse can it get. Dopey pays otaka to write coin, otaka disapears. Most of this issue is with Otaka not Mark.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: