Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:38:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It is immoral to be part of unfair system?  (Read 300 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

Let's say you are offered hugh salaries to part of an organization that helps track down criminals. You join the organization only to discover they go beyond tracking criminals... they do other things that are clearly criminal and against the law of the land. You keep quiet for fear of  getting sacked and losing the big pays.. You continue working with this people who end up causing lots of pains and misery to millions of people and families. You are definitely part of those who knowingly cause the problem. You benefitted from a wicked system.

Humans are generally this self centered.
I won't be surprised if more than 90% of people choose to be that immoral person who prefers to work in unfair organization for big pays. Very few would sacrifice the money for the sake of others and morality.

Many Countries are currently in the hands of few lawless elites because of the greed, betrayal and self-centeredness of the 90%.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evdokimo

Activity: 40
Merit: 9

Support life!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:10:45 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

How can we be so sure? Do you have data for these accusations - because so far you simply claim what you are saying. 90% is quite a lot of "evil".

Imagine even if there are people who want to do their job well, how the hell should they get all the information they actually need? Then again everybody has agendas and his own idea of "right" or "wrong" - how should the "right one" gain the necessary support?

Imagine you realize you can not do it anymore, are you going to out yourself to the entire company to find like mindet people? Is anyone going to want to join you? ^^ I really doubt that...
I probably would keep my mouth shut and try to quit the shitty job, since I value moral over material wealth, but do not serve anybody being dead in a ditch.

Who knows, let us be happy that we are not in such a dilemma, it is bad enough to be on the recieving end Cheesy
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:49:41 PM

Terrorism - the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims

This is what actually we called Terrorism and the persons who involved these kind of activities by knowing or unknowingly so called "Terrorist". Criminals are also "civilians" so we don't want to act as like as "criminals" just by hunting and killng them with cold-blooded. Hunt the criminals and get the justise for people within the available legal framework. Make new rules and regulations If available legal policies having some loopholes to escape the criminals. Because nowadays some people (actually some officers who works for the ruling government) just act as " official criminals" which cannot be accepted.

I think It's not about the money that you're getting paid. It's about the principles what you believed.
DanWork

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:42:12 AM

To me what you are describing are those foreign telephone scammers (I don't want to mention countries). I was reading up on them, and what I found is that often time they don't know what type of job they are applying to. And after the scam company wasted their time for hours, they reveal the job, and some leave, but most stay.

And that got me wondering about every single person that I encounter. How many of them would stay. They need the job, they just wasted hours and effort, will they go ahead and take a job that scams old ladies out of their life savings. And based on my observation of people, I think most people would stick around under such situations and go ahead with the job.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:57:41 PM

Although I do not really believe your statistics, which I guess you only guessed yourself, I agree that there are a lot of people that are in the same position you are talking about--being part of unfair systems but refusing to leave because they get paid the big bucks.

Regarding your question, well I guess the content of your post answers it all, quite honestly. Of course it is immoral. The very situation you described best depicts human selfishness and greed: benefiting from the poor victims for your own selfish needs and gains.

If you are part of the system that causes this but continues to work for it, then it doesn't matter if you are aware of it but still refuses to take action. It's immoral; nothing more, nothing less.
Scoobers

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:30:20 AM

I used to work for a company that used consultants to show them how to avoid paying tax, their practises were not illegal in the same way Amazon and Google avoid paying UK taxes.
Although I wasn't happy about it, I have to put food on the table for my family so I continued to work there. I would think that the majority of companies out there use immoral practises to get ahead of their competition and boost their profits.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6834

Cashback 15%

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:49:02 AM

Life is very unfair, and by extension we're all a part of an unfair system.  If I tried to look for a job in an organization based on how fair everything was, I'd be unemployed for life, collecting welfare from a system which is also unfair.

So I think we should all try to do our best in life--as cliche and idiotic as that sounds--regardless of which systems we're a part of.  There's corruption in some police departments, but does that mean no one should join the force?  Absolutely not.  I've been accused of black-and-white thinking in the past, but that's how I'd answer this question.
dammy95

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:55:02 AM

Let's say you are offered hugh salaries to part of an organization that helps track down criminals. You join the organization only to discover they go beyond tracking criminals... they do other things that are clearly criminal and against the law of the land. You keep quiet for fear of  getting sacked and losing the big pays.. You continue working with this people who end up causing lots of pains and misery to millions of people and families. You are definitely part of those who knowingly cause the problem. You benefitted from a wicked system.

I won't be surprised if more than 90% of people choose to be that immoral person who prefers to work in unfair organization for big pays. Very few would sacrifice the money for the sake of others and morality.

Many Countries are currently in the hands of few lawless elites because of the greed, betrayal and self-centeredness of the 90%.
This world is a cruel world some may say.  The bad people are the most lucky, while the good ones keep getting  what they don't deserve. It takes courage and fear of God to stand out amongst others.
 If you are into politics in some countries,  you find out that the only way to succeed is being among the bad. And the good ones are almost neglected.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 08:34:35 PM

there is no such thing as a perfectly fair system

the universe has asymterics in information power and economic power.

and it has good reasons for that, they cant be overcome with whatever. promise you could try
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: