Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's make something new! Help wanted  (Read 228 times)
alenpowa (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:25:48 PM

Hey guys!

It has been a while since I'm thinking about this idea.

I will start talking about the problem, if you are used to download contents via torrent you should know that most of the time torrents website get shout down.

Kikasstorrent was the best, since that one to be fair I'm not happy about other websites, plus it happens very often that even if you find what you are looking for, the file is pretty much dead and you can't download it.

Solution: I'm thinking about building a platform where people get rewarded to upload new contents and to keep the software up to allow other users to download files. Kind of like mining.

Users that upload new "torrents" if are rated 5 starts they will receive tokens.

For people that don't have nothing to upload they can start "mining" by just downloading contents from the platform and after it will be available for other users to download, that way they can earn tokens.

To download people need tokens, something like: 1 MB of data = 1 token. They have 2 ways to get tokens:

#1 To earn tokens as explained above.
#2 To exchange other alt coins for our project's token.

Of course it will be very cheap to buy tokens.

As well, it would be great to build a system where for audio and video files if users use more tokens can stream the video/audio without the actual need to download it. So it's gonna be pretty much like a netflix or apple music (pretty much for free, and of course with much more available contents).

I see many advantages:

#1 we can create a decentralized protocol, and ensure users anonymity
#2 no need of external websites to look for " torrents" because we will make a built-in "torrent search engine"
#3 by allowing others to download your contents you will actually earn tokens
#4 rip netflix

What do you think guys? is that a good idea? if so, there is anybody willing to help?
yellowbits

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:28:44 PM

You basically just described Upfiring
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:34:51 PM

You basically just described Upfiring
I checked the website, it looks like they don't have any live stream feature, plus my idea implies to use tokens to download files, that way you give an actual value to the project's tokens.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

It seems you have a great idea and outlining them on a step by step basis which shows a well thought out process that would work. But in my opinion, you have not addressed one important which is what led to the closure of some of the sites you want to model your idea after and the same fate might befall it if you don't address it.

The issue is about copyright violation. You talk about people uploading to earn token while some other people who want to download would buy token to do that but nothing is said about the original owners of the content being uploaded. Except the videos are personal videos which I doubt anyone would be interested in downloading, it sure mean its another person work, that would be uploaded in forms of videos and audios. How do you handle the payment to them? You made mention of Netflix but the reason why they can be referenced, is because they do the right thing.
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:03:32 PM

It seems you have a great idea and outlining them on a step by step basis which shows a well thought out process that would work. But in my opinion, you have not addressed one important which is what led to the closure of some of the sites you want to model your idea after and the same fate might befall it if you don't address it.

The issue is about copyright violation. You talk about people uploading to earn token while some other people who want to download would buy token to do that but nothing is said about the original owners of the content being uploaded. Except the videos are personal videos which I doubt anyone would be interested in downloading, it sure mean its another person work, that would be uploaded in forms of videos and audios. How do you handle the payment to them? You made mention of Netflix but the reason why they can be referenced, is because they do the right thing.
Hi I wanted to think before to reply to you.

The idea is to emulate the bitcoin blockchain that way nobody have really control of it and the system cannot be closed.

About copyright violation, i'm pretty sure 99.9% of torrent users don't use it do share personal files, they do to download most of the time copyrighted material.

About payments we need to build a system that works automatically, as I said everything must be working without anybody having control of the system, otherwise it can't work.

This project is hard to handle, but that could break the censorship barriers for good, imagine a system where people can share whatever they want without having anybody interfering by blocking a specific content.

I don't think nothing like this has never been done before, bitcoin made possible to send funds anonymously, this project instead could be the first ever project that can protect users's identity and the same time have access to everything is available on the net without having any government censorship.
audaciousbeing

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:55:06 PM

The idea is to emulate the bitcoin blockchain that way nobody have really control of it and the system cannot be closed.

About copyright violation, i'm pretty sure 99.9% of torrent users don't use it do share personal files, they do to download most of the time copyrighted material.

About payments we need to build a system that works automatically, as I said everything must be working without anybody having control of the system, otherwise it can't work.

This project is hard to handle, but that could break the censorship barriers for good, imagine a system where people can share whatever they want without having anybody interfering by blocking a specific content.

I don't think nothing like this has never been done before, bitcoin made possible to send funds anonymously, this project instead could be the first ever project that can protect users's identity and the same time have access to everything is available on the net without having any government censorship.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my query but it seems you have not quite addressed the issue I have raised adequately. I will try to put it in perspective.

For every movie I stream from Netflix, or songs I stream from music store, a certain percentage of the amount I'm being charge goes to the producer, writer or singer as the case maybe as a payment for his effort. But for your platform where someone can upload content, then I can download a video by paying for it then upload on your platform to earn money because of those that would be downloading it without any amount going to the creator of such content. How do you intend to address that?
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:58:12 PM

Thank you for taking time to respond to my query but it seems you have not quite addressed the issue I have raised adequately. I will try to put it in perspective.

For every movie I stream from Netflix, or songs I stream from music store, a certain percentage of the amount I'm being charge goes to the producer, writer or singer as the case maybe as a payment for his effort. But for your platform where someone can upload content, then I can download a video by paying for it then upload on your platform to earn money because of those that would be downloading it without any amount going to the creator of such content. How do you intend to address that?

What if a percentage of the token goes to a charity organization or to the actual artists?
audaciousbeing

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:07:20 PM

What if a percentage of the token goes to a charity organization or to the actual artists?

In my opinion, I think you should focus on how to remunerate the actual artists and not for charity because its not charity that wrote the story, hire equipment, paid the actors, actress and the entire production crew or spend a lot of money in doing promotion for it to be known and people then come to your platform to download it ( in the case of videos though). If they so wish to donate to charity, then its their sole business. Its just like saying someone stealing from others to give to the poor and the homeless. The act is noble but that does not make it legal and if caught, could go to prison for it and the noble act might just play a little role in deciding the extent of his sentence.

If you still need more clarification, you can PM. Your platform is a unique one that I have not come across yet in the crypto projects already launched but in doing it, its better to do it the right way and contribute your own quota in adding some positive feedback to the name of crypto to the outside community.
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:13:22 PM

I think to get actual rights from music industry and movie industry would be very hard on top of that if they accept such an agreement all the users uploading content won’t be needed.
As I said torrents including the other project the other guy mentioned on this post make peoplend A load illegale copyright content.
Are you a developer?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

You want to make a private torrent tracker on blockchain that's the gist of your idea. From what I think it can work. A tracker which will never go offline but who will profit off from this so-called "Decentralised Project"? Usually, the owner gets all the revenue generated from the user who buys their quota bundles, So, in this case, will the people who host these torrents get all the revenue or are you planning to get a cut from it?

And what sort of help are you looking for? Do you need developers for this project or do you need investors for this?
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:23:30 PM

I think to get actual rights from music industry and movie industry would be very hard on top of that if they accept such an agreement all the users uploading content won’t be needed.
As I said torrents including the other project the other guy mentioned on this post make peoplend A load illegale copyright content.
Are you a developer?

Yeah, they're hard to get to. These people have a pretty tight ship and they're almost like a mafia when it comes to handing out rights. You'd have to have a rock solid platform and a business plan to go with it, with enough startup investment to prove that you're not just fooling around. However, crypto has a bright future so that could be done.

Depending on where the website is located, it can actually go for a long time without being caught. Certain countries don't obey copyright laws and these record labels or movie producers don't have jurisdiction over there. But you'd be stealing from the artists essentially. Personally, I prefer to support the creative talent that goes into that work.
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:28:27 PM

You want to make a private torrent tracker on blockchain that's the gist of your idea. From what I think it can work. A tracker which will never go offline but who will profit off from this so-called "Decentralised Project"? Usually, the owner gets all the revenue generated from the user who buys their quota bundles, So, in this case, will the people who host these torrents get all the revenue or are you planning to get a cut from it?

And what sort of help are you looking for? Do you need developers for this project or do you need investors for this?

I think the owner shouldn't have any cut but only the actual torrent host should get a revenue, the point here is not really about making a profit, but more like making something that could really be helpful to people.

I think developers are more useful then investors, because even if we get investors we need to those money to hire more devs. So both way could work.

Do you think this project could be something you could be interested in?
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:30:26 PM

Are you a developer?

Yeah, they're hard to get to. These people have a pretty tight ship and they're almost like a mafia when it comes to handing out rights. You'd have to have a rock solid platform and a business plan to go with it, with enough startup investment to prove that you're not just fooling around. However, crypto has a bright future so that could be done.

Depending on where the website is located, it can actually go for a long time without being caught. Certain countries don't obey copyright laws and these record labels or movie producers don't have jurisdiction over there. But you'd be stealing from the artists essentially. Personally, I prefer to support the creative talent that goes into that work.

Yes there are many countries where are very flexible about copyright laws, plus the whole point of making a decentralized "blockchain like" system is to guarantee anonymity to users, so even if a person that lives in a country with no-friednly copyright laws should be ok to use the system.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:53:13 PM

Nah, I will pass. Remember how the Silkroad ended? Don't want to be that guy. I am too afraid to mess up with the big brothers out there Cheesy. But you can ask in the marketplace section for help. I am sure you will find a developer or two who might be interested in this. Also, I will suggest you to make a whitepaper for this first. Publish it on GitHub and if this project is lucky/worthy enough. It will find Developers who will make it a reality. Good Luck.
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:08:55 PM

Nah, I will pass. Remember how the Silkroad ended? Don't want to be that guy. I am too afraid to mess up with the big brothers out there Cheesy. But you can ask in the marketplace section for help. I am sure you will find a developer or two who might be interested in this. Also, I will suggest you to make a whitepaper for this first. Publish it on GitHub and if this project is lucky/worthy enough. It will find Developers who will make it a reality. Good Luck.

I guess you are right, it's true can be very risky to be involved in such project but if you think about it even satoshi was very exposed to those problems, that's why he is 100% anonymous, to be fair I really think people that really want to use the crypto technology should be more involved on those kind of projects, It's easy to make something legal and doesn't bother nobody, but as Satoshi did, he made something that can actually make collapse the banking system, I don't say my idea is as good as Satoshi's one but still I think it can change a lot of things.

On this message there is nothing against you, it is a big deal to be involved in this kind of stuff so no problem  Grin
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

I guess you are right, it's true can be very risky to be involved in such project but if you think about it even satoshi was very exposed to those problems, that's why he is 100% anonymous, to be fair I really think people that really want to use the crypto technology should be more involved on those kind of projects, It's easy to make something legal and doesn't bother nobody, but as Satoshi did, he made something that can actually make collapse the banking system, I don't say my idea is as good as Satoshi's one but still I think it can change a lot of things.
But Satoshi didn't just have an idea, he is a coder who laid out the basic principles and obviously coded them. Likewise, what else do you bring to the table apart from an "idea"?

On this message there is nothing against you, it is a big deal to be involved in this kind of stuff so no problem  Grin
Yes but people like to collaborate and work on the ideas where the other person is equally strong in the project background.
keychainX

Activity: 374
Merit: 53

Telegram @keychainX

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:08:03 PM

Probably what TRON was thinking too when they bought BitTorrent

alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:17:00 PM

But Satoshi didn't just have an idea, he is a coder who laid out the basic principles and obviously coded them. Likewise, what else do you bring to the table apart from an "idea"?

Yes but people like to collaborate and work on the ideas where the other person is equally strong in the project background.

As I already said my goal here is not to make any kind of profit, it's true i'm not a professional developer, I do have some coding knowledge but not enough to work on such a project.
We know very little about Satoshi, so we don't know if he is a person or a group of people, and maybe of them just gave the idea.
It's true it's not easy to find good devs, but without a good "idea" those devs are kind of worthless.
shield132

Activity: 2226
Merit: 855

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:29:26 PM

Since you mentioned Kickass, do you plan to do this thing on pirate content? To be fair your project can be profitable only this way, almost everyone who uses torrent are pirate content downloaders. In this case, no one can help you because of legal issues.
Also to be fair can't see this project innovative because there exists a lot of torrents where uploaded files almost doesn't die because of people activity and example of this are some russian torrent websites. Also in some countries no one cares about private content and there are a lot of websites to download them directly without torrent from your browser.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
alenpowa (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:35:20 PM

Since you mentioned Kickass, do you plan to do this thing on pirate content? To be fair your project can be profitable only this way, almost everyone who uses torrent are pirate content downloaders. In this case, no one can help you because of legal issues.
Also to be fair can't see this project innovative because there exists a lot of torrents where uploaded files almost doesn't die because of people activity and example of this are some russian torrent websites. Also in some countries no one cares about private content and there are a lot of websites to download them directly without torrent from your browser.
I agree it can work out only if pirate files are involved, I’m pretty sure the majority of people use torrent for that.
The legal part won’t be really be a problem there are many countries that don’t have any regulation on copyright.
By the way I just want to make sure that people understand that I just posted an idea I didn’t started working on it, and even if I decide to work on this I wouldn’t do it for a lucrative purpose.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: