Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobody is buying 1080tis.  (Read 959 times)
honestinvestor

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:27:38 AM

card is bought actively, simply
 not from your circle, you 1050 maynesh or what?))))
Signaturan

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:16:48 PM

11xx series will mostly be disabled for mining at the driver/bios level. Like you cant SLI more than 2 cards in 10xx series, similarly the cards in 11xx wont work for compute loads if more than 2 are installed in the system.

That’s the best solution NVidia will have to isolate itself from last times crypto disaster.

Why would NVIDIA limit GPUs from mining/compute loads when they made a big profit of miners just recently? A potential move from them would be to cater to both gamers and miners by having seperate GPUs for graphics and for compute loads.

Banning a certain type of consumer makes no sense. Given that while miners RMA more, i'm pretty sure they also buy more GPUs which balance everything out.

I think the nVidia will make mining specific GPU like it did before.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:10:15 PM

11xx series will mostly be disabled for mining at the driver/bios level. Like you cant SLI more than 2 cards in 10xx series, similarly the cards in 11xx wont work for compute loads if more than 2 are installed in the system.

That’s the best solution NVidia will have to isolate itself from last times crypto disaster.

Why would NVIDIA limit GPUs from mining/compute loads when they made a big profit of miners just recently? A potential move from them would be to cater to both gamers and miners by having seperate GPUs for graphics and for compute loads.

Banning a certain type of consumer makes no sense. Given that while miners RMA more, i'm pretty sure they also buy more GPUs which balance everything out.

I think the nVidia will make mining specific GPU like it did before.

I think they will, but with something more mining specific. Probably a small chip or super cutdown chip with huge memory bandwidth.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:53:06 PM

I can't imagine they will take the warranty down to 1 year, if that is the case then ASIC mining has nearly the same warranty! Why are people speculating a 1 year warranty + no transfer on it?

I actually just made a video about gpu warranties & their take on mining & which ones transfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7aI389cb0

In some places, eg EU, they don"t have a choice. 2 years by law.
NiklasFalk

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:03:43 PM

In some places, eg EU, they don"t have a choice. 2 years by law.
For initial purchaser, yes.
But there is no such law handling a second hand private purchase.
So resale and warranties are up to the manufacturers goodwill.
whitebrow

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:18:53 PM

imagine all the warranty claims from mining alone. you think they're happy about that. i'm betting a year no doubt.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:44:31 PM

Where I live they used to give 1 year warranty, now is only a month hehe, to be safe in order to get roi, you need at least 3 years warranty, even if you have 3 years warranty is risky right now, gpu mining is almost dead right now and it might be when eth goes pos, manufactures trying to change the warranty policy is already bad, and to make it worse, roi time is around 700 days right now, that is 2 freaking years if you are lucky. The good thing is as gpu mining is almost dead, people will stop buying gpus for mining and manufactures will give a longer warranty again but dont expect 3 years anymore.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
badger88

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:12:05 PM

yeah no one wants to buy the cards that were UNAVAILABLE for 3 years because of people hoarding the cards. ..
we are used to our shitty gaming GPUs that were available 3 years ago.. we can wait longer for the next GPU that they will actually develop now since there is no more demand for GPU mining...

& gpu hoarders can build door stoppers
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 05:44:05 PM

heh, what do you think, you will get 80% of the price after 2 years? Nope.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
whitesites

Activity: 88
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:55:03 PM

Miners buy a lot of cards, but we also push our cards 24/7.  Meaning any weak cards in our Rigs typically die within a few months.  Where if they were just used for gaming.  Some gamer who plays maybe 20 hours a week, will never push the cards to that level, and when they finally die, they will be past their warranty.  I seriously see them dropping the Warranty to 1 year.  IF I remember correctly, their dedicated Mining Cards only have a 3 month warranty.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:09:06 AM

Miners buy a lot of cards, but we also push our cards 24/7.  Meaning any weak cards in our Rigs typically die within a few months.  Where if they were just used for gaming.  Some gamer who plays maybe 20 hours a week, will never push the cards to that level, and when they finally die, they will be past their warranty.  I seriously see them dropping the Warranty to 1 year.  IF I remember correctly, their dedicated Mining Cards only have a 3 month warranty.

This is untrue.

Many people have been mining for years with the same GPUs at 24/7 and they are still running. The GPUs usually are rock-solid, its the fans that start to die first because the bearings go out.

Gamers might not play for 24/7 but you need to keep in mind that they usually keep their GPU in a small enclosed computer case with poor cooling and they usually overvolt and overclock their GPUs. Miners do the complete opposite, they got open rig rigs, and they usually undervolt and underclock their rigs. They are put thru less abuse than hardcore gamers.
Cristopherus

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:03:54 AM

Even at 500, I can't throw away my 1080tis. So much for equity...

"Nobody is buying 1080tis."

I do Wink

Just got 2x EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Sc Black Edition for 900$ ,best offer accepted Smiley shipping included Smiley from ebay
Thats 450$/card Smiley Should be here next week Smiley
It would be perfectly fit with my 2x nVidia Titan V Smiley

That's a thing of beauty right there
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:16:33 AM

Even me, I'm waiting, 1180 is going to be released. 1080Ti's price may drop a bit.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:32:15 AM

This is untrue.

Many people have been mining for years with the same GPUs at 24/7 and they are still running. The GPUs usually are rock-solid, its the fans that start to die first because the bearings go out.

Gamers might not play for 24/7 but you need to keep in mind that they usually keep their GPU in a small enclosed computer case with poor cooling and they usually overvolt and overclock their GPUs. Miners do the complete opposite, they got open rig rigs, and they usually undervolt and underclock their rigs. They are put thru less abuse than hardcore gamers.

So true.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:12:05 AM

With All the dedicated mining equipment coming online now there is no hope for gpus.  Neoscrypt, Lyra2rev2 are the latest to fall and X16r not to long after
Signaturan

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:04:05 AM

I run the cards at 50% of the TDP, they are working well after 5 years.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: