Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Talk Taxes  (Read 1667 times)
spyda5556 (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:35:00 AM

Ok this is something that hits us all but when it comes to cryptocurrency there is a allot of uncertainty about how taxes will be enforced. There has been some news about different U.S. dollar amounts such as $10,000 at which taxes will be enforced or a certain amount of bitcoins traded such as 1 bitcoin at which taxes will apply. The majority of the news is based around cashing out on exchanges such as coinbase.
Based on what you have learned what do you think is the most likely scenario when it comes to cryptocurrency taxes in the U.S.?
Or comment on when do you think this will be clarified by the governing bodies?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:02:56 AM

Income tax has become a dilema especially in cryptocurrencies however speculating about how government will take how much percentage of tax due to how much coins we have or trade doesn't sounds really fair since decentralized and annonymity were included and theres no way to deduce it someone really owns it or even trade it at the first time. I don't live in US but if government really apply cryptocurrency taxes in anywhere then they have to make sure they can calculate and measure how much someone really worth first.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:55:25 AM

I am not a US citizen,to be honest I never paid any taxes regarding my crypto investments because I didn't cashout much money yet,I just cashout only when I am need in emergency because I am already doing some business where I can cover all the expenses.In case if I need to cashout all the bitcoins I have do I need to pay the taxes to the governments other than the incomes tax?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:04:58 AM

When the crypto-currencies will be used by all countries, the governments of the countries will quickly come up with how to levy taxes from crypto. It is too early to speak about figures, but this is already being discussed by many international organizations.
odri777

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:08:41 AM

In order to tax the crypto currency, the state should at least how to legitimize it!
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:59:24 AM

I hope that my country would not put tax on bitcoin earning, but as far as I know living in my area it is almost impossible that they will do that most likely they will put another most taxis.
gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:29:17 AM

Income tax has become a dilema especially in cryptocurrencies however speculating about how government will take how much percentage of tax due to how much coins we have or trade doesn't sounds really fair since decentralized and annonymity were included and theres no way to deduce it someone really owns it or even trade it at the first time. I don't live in US but if government really apply cryptocurrency taxes in anywhere then they have to make sure they can calculate and measure how much someone really worth first.
Taxation is a requirement of every country in the world. The use of reasonable taxes is essential for our human beings. However, there are more things to be aware of when taxes come in many forms.
In many places they still have tax fraud to their own benefit, not transparent. Therefore, the tax collection should be transparent in the light, avoid bad phenomena.
spyda5556 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:24:14 AM

In the U.S. they have a way of going back in time to collect tax when large amounts of money go accounted for. So I would be cautious when it comes to cashing out through easily traceable and well known venues like Coinbase. That way you make it harder for the government to just run an automated tax for any exuberant amounts of money cashed out on coinbase.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:15:54 AM

The government is not thinking smartly when it comes to cryptocurrency tax. There are multiple ways of taxing people. There is direct and indirect tax. When it comes to cryptocurrency tax, I think the better option is indirect tax because of the complications of identity. More so, not all balances in a wallet is as a result of profit.

It is easy to avoid or evade direct tax, but everyone pays tax indirectly via VAT, levies, etc. So the government should concentrate on indirect tax. However, the exchanges makes profit and it is easier to tax such entity than the individual wallet holders.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:23:51 AM

I think sincerely that taxes in cryptocurrency will come as interest rates just like banks do. It would be changed based on per Satoshi. It shouldn't matter how small or big anyone is cashing out. I don't see any issues with that. The government sees to that and I don't think it will be any problem for American citizens who are already used to paying taxes.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 02:39:02 AM

It will be hard for the government to track how much does one Bitcoin users have. I guess it might be applied on some exchange but if that certain user are a holder, the government will just let him pay a small fee that will be unfair.

Some users especially the whales usually transfer thousand of Bitcoin annually, changing from wallet to wallet, if tax will be applied, it will be only for exchange and not for transferring BTC wallet to wallet.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 02:48:01 AM

talking about tax in the crypto world, tax should not be high then it can be accepted. imagine when someone makes a transaction using bitcoin and is subject to a tax of 0.1 btc, that is a fairly large amount. if the government regulates bitcoin and crypto tax issues, 0.001 is probably an ideal value.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 04:00:10 AM

Taxation = theft.  I'm not sure if most people will skirt the issue and get around paying taxes or if most will pay.  If one was smart and go through Monero then cash out locally how would they ever know?  Undercover agents world wide?  Seems this will always be an issue for governments.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:15:54 AM

If the government is after crypto taxes then why scrutinized this industry that much? I think they must be loose with their rules and not be to harsh to small investors and must start cracking up price manipulators, I'm not against taxation but it should be implemented fair.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:44:48 AM

They already imposed tax on local exchanges when they filed their own business license and this exchanges already included this tax on fees for converting crypto into fiat thats why IMO no need to imposed tax on cryptocurrency holders.   

Aiiimm

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:11:49 AM

Paying taxes is requirement that should obey. It is usually applied to those who have big establishments like restaurants or any kind of houses that causes high expences.
2start

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

I strongly disagree if bitcoin is taxed. the government has gotten a lot of money from taxes. why does bitcoiin have to be taxed, bitcoin does not render the government.
StevenGibson1212

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:48:51 AM

The history of tax development
Egyptian farmers confiscated for not paying taxes. (Pyramid age). The first known system of taxation was in ancient Egypt around 3000-2800 BC during the first dynasty of Egypt in the Old Kingdom of Egypt. The earliest and most common form of taxation is corvée and tithing. Corvée has forced labor to provide the state by too poor farmers to pay for other forms of taxation (labor in ancient Egypt was a synonym for tax). Records from the time document that Pharaoh will perform a biennial tour of the kingdom, collecting decimals from the people. Other records are detailed receipts on pieces of stone and papyrus. Early tax is also described in the Bible. In Genesis (chapter 47, verse 24 - New International Version), it says, "But when the plants come, give a fifth to the Pharaoh. Food for yourself and your family and children. " Joseph told the Egyptians how to divide their crops, providing part of the Pharaoh. A portion (20%) of the crop is taxed (in this case, a special tax rather than a regular tax, as it is collected against the expected famine).
Abeey4life

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:29:29 AM

It's possible for Bitcoin to be taxed here in my country, I believe that it will boost the economy growth in the country.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

I strongly disagree if bitcoin is taxed. the government has gotten a lot of money from taxes. why does bitcoiin have to be taxed, bitcoin does not render the government.
you right bitcoin unnecessary to regulated. but the certainity of investors money is needed.there is no other way for us if we want certainity in cryptotrading.imagine while we on trading , and exchange closed by goverment.all investors loss their money.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████