Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Strategies for Beginners  (Read 266 times)
badiako88 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:39:19 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 02:52:22 AM by badiako88

CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING STRATEGIES FOR BEGINNERS

Cryptocurrency has many merits, and while it can be quite fun, new investors must not forget that these are very volatile assets. It's always fun to watch the prices run up and to think about how much money you'll be able to make, but you must remember that these prices also go down.

For this reason, it's important to have a defined strategy before you go into any cryptocurrency trade. Making spur of the moment emotional decisions is typically a fast way to lose your hard-earned money. In this article, we'll look at a few strategies that investors of all walks of life and experience levels can utilize.

-The buy and Hodl strategy

If you've spent any time bumming around cryptocurrency boards such as Bitcointalk or Reddit, then it's likely you've heard this at least once or twice. While this typo has turned itself into the biggest crypto meme, it is still sound advice. Almost everyone who has made significant money in cryptocurrency has done it by buying and holding. Some of these traders have held their assets for years in order to achieve the gains that they have.

If you don't really have the stomach for day trading, then this is likely your best bet for making gains as a beginner. While this method could probably work with any asset, as long as you're willing to hold long enough, it's best to buy something that has recently taken a downturn and is currently sitting at an attractive price.

As long as the project behind the asset looks solid, then it's ideal to buy a recently beaten down coin, and then wait for it to appreciate. However, don't buy just anything because it looks cheap, make sure that you understand all of the coin or token's fundamentals.

This is by far the easiest cryptocurrency trading strategy, and it will likely appeal to those who don't have time for anything else. Purchase your assets, store them in a secure wallet, and then forget about them. Try to avoid checking the price every day if it's giving you anxiety, as this may cause you to respond emotionally and to sell before your asset has matured.

-The value investing strategy

Similar to the buy and hold method, this strategy was traditionally championed by Warren Buffet in the original finance market. He's what you would call a value investor or someone who spends their time looking for underappreciated companies to put his money behind. This can be a valuable strategy if you don't mind doing the research to support it, but it is a little more actively involved than the buy and hold method.

As a value investor, it's your job to search for well-structured projects that are down on their luck or not yet matured. These events can happen for all sorts of reasons, including some bad news that has temporary effects, or perhaps even missing an important deadline which disappointed their investors.

The point is, that these are temporary issues, and the emotional reaction of the sellers may not have been warranted. It will be up to you to decide whether or not the project has merit, but if you take some time to research it, that information should be easy to find.

The best place to do this is often in Telegram or Discord channels. Not many investors take advantage of these pathways, and they often reveal behind the scenes information that does not always make it message boards immediately, as you need to be closely following the project to find it.

When searching for a potentially undervalued project, you'll need to ask yourself many questions regarding the asset. Investigate all of their material, and make sure that you fully understand the project.

What problems does it solve? Is there a market for this? Do they have any competitors? Do they have a product yet? What about valuable partnerships with other companies? What is their marketing plan? What about the coin's supply, is it too large? These are certainly not all of the issues that you should make yourself aware of, but it's a good start.

This method is particularly attractive if you are still young and without much income to dedicate to cryptocurrency. It's perfectly reasonable to find severely undervalued projects for a few cents per coin if you do your homework.

While you can get some projects even cheaper than that, it's often hard to get in that early, especially for a beginner. There's also the fact that a project that is this early in its development has not yet fully formed its own ideals, and that can make it hard to evaluate whether it actually has a future.

-Profit taking strategies

In cryptocurrency, what goes up must come down. This is more of an after-party strategy, but that doesn't make it any less important. When playing games in volatile markets, it's important to know when to take profits. While an asset surging 200% overnight is not uncommon in cryptocurrency, it's still not normal. This price fluctuation, while welcome, is not sustainable. In almost every case, they will correct themselves, and your capital will evaporate.

Even if you truly believe in the project's future, most people will advise you to take some profits. Some have even recommended selling half of a security every time it doubles in price, however, the exact percentage that you utilize will be up to your own personal preferences.

What will you do with these profits? Well, just because you take profits from an investment does not mean that those profits are wasted. You can always utilize these in other ways. For example, you could diversify your portfolio.

If you've made substantial gains, this is likely a good idea anyway. Some traders may prefer to place some of this capital into larger cap coins, which may appreciate slower but will also have more protection from market downturns than small-cap assets would.

You could also choose to remove this money from cryptocurrency altogether, to create a more solid foundation for your portfolio. Storing it in your native currency is the obvious option, but you could also try investing in precious metals if you'd prefer.

In any case, storing money outside of cryptocurrencies has another very useful perk. If the market does take a nosedive, you'll be in the right position to buy back in much easier than those who have all of their money tied up in the market. Investors with the foresight to do this the last time around picked up many high-quality projects for rock bottom prices.

-TThe cost averaging strategy

If you seem to be buying things as soon as they decide to go down, it can be disheartening. Some people just have bad timing. However, if you do really want to hold the project in question, then there is another crypto trading strategy that you can try called cost averaging.

Let's say that you have bought into a security, but the price has recently taken a devastating tumble. This is a project that you really believe in, and you think it will recover. So, instead of panicking and selling your coins or tokens, you buy more.

This is counter-intuitive to the way most humans think, but it's important to be able to recognize opportunities when investing, and it's even more important to not let emotions dictate your decisions. Cost averaging is the ultimate way to make up for a costly mistake that you've made.

By buying more of an asset that has recently fallen, you not only strengthen your position, but you also lower your average entry price. That means when both of your buys are averaged in together, the total price per coin that you paid goes down to more palatable levels.

For investors that are not really interested in actively trading dips, but who do wish to acquire more and lower their buy-in price, this is a good option. If you want to purchase a higher market cap coin, but you don't have enough capital to buy all of the coins that you want at once, this could also help you to achieve your goals.

Cryptocurrency generally has ups and downs over periods of weeks or months. If you're on a budget, set aside a certain amount of money per month for buying. When you see a dip in the asset that you want to trade, buy in on that depression. This will allow you to add to your portfolio, while also lowering the amount you originally paid.

In closing, the crypto sphere can be intimidating to new investors, but these cryptocurrency trading strategies for beginners should have you well on your way to making sound investments, no matter your experience level. Just make sure that you don't jump into any investments without first doing all of the proper research first. Avoid anyone that promises to make you rich overnight, and remember to take a moment to fully evaluate the situation before you find yourself regretting your trading behavior.

*Credits* https://cointobuy.io/cryptocurrency-investing-tips-and-guide/cryptocurrency-trading-strategies-for-beginners
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:53:58 AM

"The buy and Hodl strategy"
strategy that I use, because I can not analyze a chart.
the mistake I often make is to buy coins at a high price. but now, I know little when the right time to buy a coin properly.
Igorluis

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:36:56 AM

Yes you are right. most newcomers just like me in the past always buy at the historical top of the coin and sell low after falling.
It's hard to admit more is what happens with most newbies. buy in value then the currency drops 1/2/3/4/5%, They become desperate and sell at a loss.
So most are afraid of losing more money and They stop operating.

Maybe this post can help a lot of beginners, so they can be more careful and "analyze correctly before doing an operation" even if it is a little analysis.

congratulations for the initiative.
badiako88 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:46:10 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 10:55:26 AM by badiako88

the mistake I often make is to buy coins at a high price. but now, I know little when the right time to buy a coin properly.

That's actually I do as well, Buy and Hold it for a long time. I do sometime buy at Iow price would not know it would be at high cause the price would keep declining in the few days come so I end up lossing profits already and wait for the market to go up and profit my investments.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:13:30 PM

If you are not a big investor obviously, buying and selling one day will not bring you anything other than harm. invest and hodl money by dividing your money into certain ratios. Think monthly, not annually. you can not sell at very large prices in short walks. Do not hurry and wait.
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:34:05 PM

That's actually I do as well, Buy and Hold it for a long time. I do sometime buy at Iow price would not know it would be at high cause the price would keep declining in the few days come so I end up lossing profits already and wait for the market to go up and profit my investments.
patience can be one of the keys if we want to invest.
I think your science is complete and exemplary for beginners.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:20:07 PM

All the peoples are suggest some strategies but beginners are research in online and this news also you was copied in one site. Because no one is perfectly express the everything so you research in one site and others also do the same thing. In crypto world self knowledge is a good for everyone so I am also prefer to self analysis in trading.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:14:10 PM

After reading your post I got some ideas about trading in crypto market as now i holding any coins other token for long term investment with tops coins or token only and I got good results in that so my opinion is for buy and hold for long terms.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:32:12 PM

This is very common in the near future so that many people who share the link whether it is self analysis or just plagiarize from others, I appreciate the effort and useful for most beginners.
What I like best is to buy at a fairly cheap price and keep it within 1 year to 2 years because it will be good in self profits, no need to cut losses based on everyday panic, I just reminded that all the strategies will not run correctly , beginners will not stand when the market is bleeding.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:17:10 PM

Wow,  this is really awesome,  thanks for this piece of information,  at least I learned some few new things that I didn't know here,  I just hope the urge will be there to be able to hold for longer periods
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:40:01 PM

Be aware of Hodl strategy. It doesn't work perfectly and/or sometimes will never work for may be 80% of crypto assets. Due to incorrect hodling I've lost 30-40% of portfolio.
entebah

Activity: 1549
Merit: 153

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:32 PM

very good if this post is stored in the correct thread, so far I read it very useful.
post here in order to provide the right information.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

badiako88 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:05:47 AM

very good if this post is stored in the correct thread, so far I read it very useful.
post here in order to provide the right information.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

Thanks sir. Hopefully this helps to every newbies starting and trying to gain profits with trading activities. Every details is important so must know and deal with any information in trading..
Affilate User

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

trading strategy for beginners like you better you more to read how to trade properly and how to determine the time to buy coin and sell coin at the right price do not until you are lazy to read or afraid to try something new. because all of them need the risk to get a very high profit.
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:44:28 PM

A good material for beginners, I think many will be useful. From this topic, I did not learn anything new for myself, but if I had learned it then just started trading, I'm sure I would not have lost so much money
Maymun_lavigne

Activity: 434
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:09:00 PM

in the market conditions like this is very difficult to understand, for beginners in the world of trading this is the right time to buy coin or tokens, for beginners who easily panic should buy coin at a cheap then you hold up to one or two years just so you can profit by itself and you will not get a loss in your panic.
but for beginners who are not easily panicked and diligent you can directly monitor the price and start trading by utilizing the movement of the market little by little that has increased and decreased at this time.
V1lpu

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

Best trading strategy for beginners: buy BTC only and hold. That's it.

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn  -          🎋 Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone          -  YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
Innovative, borderless and free health and medical insurance on blockchain.
We're here to eradicate the health protection gap and empower people to feel better and live longer.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:57:38 PM

I highly suggest you to start with learning technical analysis.
I would like to prefer you a book called "Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets" by John J. Murphy.
He has wrote this book according to shares and Forex market, but the concepts hold good in crytpo market as well. You just need to adjust the concepts according to the high volatility of crypto market. Book is equipped with all the Technical aspects and is quite a good for beginners. Just go through it and then start with paper trading for the practical understanding of the concepts learned.

The basic understanding of TA is very important for a successful trader.
Cayforu

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:39:42 PM

As a bigger or a new investor all what you have to do before investing in any hotcoin or ICO there are strategies you will have to adopt
1. Buy  ETH or BTC
2. Read the white paper of the coin you are investing in
3. Know the right place to buy your ICO or BITCOIN i.e  market
4. Buy and withdrawal and so on.
MaxKor

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

Thank you. it's very interesting guide. I also try to focus on trading on bigger time frames, because i can't follow every hour charts. Buy and hold a good strategy if you can live through bull - bear - bull full cycles, then u will be good.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: