Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:42:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Help] Finding a Good Domain Name! 0.05 BTC Reward!  (Read 2186 times)
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:35:34 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 04:49:43 AM by nahtnam

Hey! I am in the process of creating a new project! The idea of the project is kicstarter for Bitcoin. It is much more advanced than that, but I will release more information as I get closer to finishing. Now as for now I need a good brand name + domain (preferably .com) + twitter handle (important, has to be brand name itself). I currently have the domain coinstart.io but I dont mind ditching the domain. I am offering BTC0.025 to the person with the best domain (if I use it) + another BTC0.025 after launch or once I can get my hands on more money. That means BTC0.05 in total. I might not use any of the domain, if I find coinstart.io is the best out there (probably not). Remember, PLEASE PM ME THE NAME(S) THAT YOU COME UP WITH! IF YOU WRITE IT HERE, IT MAY BE STOLEN AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE YOUR REWARD

Thanks! Smiley

EDIT: I forgot to mention this: It doesnt have to include the words coin or bit or anything else. Let it be as unique as possible! Also it would be great if the domain had a meaning that was similar to what the site does (not a requirement but would definitely improve your chances of becoming a winner)!

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:11:50 AM

Its hard to find a good Bitcoin related available name.Best of luck
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:18:48 AM

Its hard to find a good Bitcoin related available name.Best of luck

Yeah, thats why I am asking/offering a reward!

nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:33:22 AM

I have received a few domain suggestions, but none of them matched my requirements. I really have to be picky since it will be much harder to switch later! Thanks!

DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:39:51 AM

literally lol

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:40:30 AM

literally lol

Huh Its hard!

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:46:09 AM

Branding is indeed hard, and here's you trying to brand a Kickstarter-but-with-bitcoin, "but much more advanced" except you can't give any details, for twenty goddamn dollars.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:47:57 AM

Branding is indeed hard, and here's you trying to brand a Kickstarter-but-with-bitcoin, "but much more advanced" except you can't give any details, for twenty goddamn dollars.

Its actually much different than kickstarter. If I give the idea away, someone might be able to produce the site before I do, and it will all go to waste. The core of my site is crowdfunding. Also there are hundreds of replicas of kickstarter. There is even one for bitcoin! https://bitcoinstarter.com/

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:48:33 AM

maybe you could crowdfund the branding effort?   

put it on kickstarter maybe...

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:50:37 AM

maybe you could crowdfund the branding effort?   

put it on kickstarter maybe...

Haha, funny.

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:52:56 AM

Seriously, how would you even launch a website if you literally cannot even pay your 0.05BTC bounty upfront but have to hedge it as "once I get my hands on more money"?

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:55:13 AM

Seriously, how would you even launch a website if you literally cannot even pay your 0.05BTC bounty upfront but have to hedge it as "once I get my hands on more money"?

I have around 0.6 BTC on my atm, I just would have more "security" if I waited until launch. If you can come up with a truly genuine name that I really love, I wouldnt mind giving the whole 0.05 up front.

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:01:33 AM

Oh, okay.  Sorry if I seemed dismissive earlier.  With 0.6BTC, once you acquire a nice matching domain name and twitter account with lotz of Z's, you could certainly launch the next kickstarter but with bitcoin, except much more advanced.  Just IPO it on Cryptostocks.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:03:00 AM

Oh, okay.  Sorry if I seemed dismissive earlier.  With 0.6BTC, once you acquire a nice matching domain name and twitter account with lotz of Z's, you could certainly launch the next kickstarter but with bitcoin, except much more advanced.  Just IPO it on Cryptostocks.

No, I think I have enough money to launch my own project. I know how to program so I probably dont need to hire a developer.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:38:01 AM

My advice: keep the domain name you have now. Worry about creating a site that people are actually going to use. The best domain name in the world won't ensure success.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:21:51 PM

My advice: keep the domain name you have now. Worry about creating a site that people are actually going to use. The best domain name in the world won't ensure success.

I am constantly working on my project and im like 5% done (in about a week or so), but if I can find another name now it would be much easier to change it rather than later.

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:03:41 AM

Well, kickstarterbutwithbitcoin.com is apparently still available, as is kickstarterbutwithbitcoinexceptevrnbetter.com

I don't understand why you imagine random people who have no idea of what your business entails will come up with better domain names than you could.

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:07:12 AM

Well, kickstarterbutwithbitcoin.com is apparently still available, as is kickstarterbutwithbitcoinexceptevrnbetter.com

I don't understand why you imagine random people who have no idea of what your business entails will come up with better domain names than you could.

Well it is kickstarter with bitcoin. Lets leave it at that. My site will be a replica of kickstarter for bitcoin. Of course thats not exactly true, but for the sake of the domain name, I will leave it at that.

DeadwoodDan

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:31:45 AM

You should get in touch with this guy, he says he has the perfect domain name: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=479628.0

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:52:04 AM

You should get in touch with this guy, he says he has the perfect domain name: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=479628.0

His domain is cashintocoins which has nothing to do with my idea... Also I dont want to steal his idea from him.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: