Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Mainstream - So we got Bitcoin on Alex Jones. [Link Inside]  (Read 4509 times)
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 06:09:01 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 10:13:22 PM by Immanuel Go

http://rss.infowars.com/20111010_Mon_Alex.mp3

It's at hour two (2:00). I think my terminology went over his head; hence him cutting me off. So, in the future, simpler terms I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 07:05:30 PM

Well on google there is a video of someone calling in mentioning it in July. Didn't seem spark much of an interest.

And I doubt it will, AJ has his sponsors which he gets money from, alot of it is actually investing or consumer goods sold for USD so there is a conflict of interest there. Also the origins of BTC, satoshi and the cypherpunks are way too freaky for him to not come up with some *expert* who claims it has been invented or sponsored by the pentagon. Not saying this will happen but it could if he ever has to report on it. (like wikileaks, also a cypherpunk brainchild)
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 09:27:55 PM

it's a free market after all, so maybe mtgox can be a better sponsor than some gold bug.  Tongue

apart from that, gold and bitcoin complement each other wonderfully, so they can still promote gold as a security and bitcoin to transfer money around the world.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 09:45:02 PM

Right, but there is also a little discrepancy in ideology. Alex Jones and the US Patriot movement are nationalists and aim to make the USD valuable again.
For example a gold backed USD would be absolutely devastating for bitcoin and a internationally widely accepted bitcoin as much for the USD.

Yes both could happen at the same time... but both scenarios seems somewhat naive and unlikely from todays perspective. But who knows  Cool
A fully successful bitcoin would more or less lead to a "diamond age" scenario with distributed "phyles" or decentralized republics/tribes.

If that sounds more distant than a successful old fashioned revolution in the USA? Idk...
In that perspective Alex Jones is anything but mainstream.
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 10:13:03 PM

I updated the first post with a link. Also, Alex Jones is far from a blind patriot.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:25:36 PM

You idiot, now we all sound paranoid

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:37:49 PM

What did he say?  I can't get it to fast forward and I'm not going to listen to two hours of AJ to get to it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
deslok

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:42:56 PM

What did he say?  I can't get it to fast forward and I'm not going to listen to two hours of AJ to get to it.

he went on about how our exchanges have been hacked and there's a globalist plot to destroy bitcoin

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 10:44:49 PM

This is hilarious, you're both just talking past each other.  Neither of you are interested in talking to the other person and instead tried to push your own agenda/conspiracy theory.  When he realized you weren't going to play into his narrative he just cut you off, since you were basically just trying to read an ad without paying for a spot.

So yeah, that went just about how I expected it to.
deslok

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:45:55 PM

I forgot to mention that he refered to SHA-256 as unbrekable, it's not unbreakable it's difficult to break.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 11:07:52 PM

I don't have a single snide remark to make on this thread.

Congratulations, Atlas. Right, wrong, or indifferent on how it went, it was a hell of lot more than I've done to date for Bitcoin (with the exception of help crackin' a couple rouge exchanges). My hat goes off to you. Yes, after listening, I could have easily chime in with the choir, echoing the negatives, but I feel it more important to ignore that sentiment and offer up a thanks from me and any other Bitcoiners too ashame to say so themselves.

I offer no apologies for anything I may have posted against you in the past, or in the future, unless an apology is warranted.

Once again, this is a stand alone post thanking you for your service.

If any others feel the same way, but choose to withhold comment, a simple +1 will suffice.

Sincerely, Bruno

TattleCoin

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 11:14:22 PM

http://tattlecoin.com/2011/fact-bitcoin-appeared-alex-jones-today/
I put a edited snippet in that post, in case you don't want to listen to two hours of Alex Jones.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 11:22:54 PM

I put a edited snippet in that post, in case you don't want to listen to two hours of Alex Jones.

Thank you.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 11:29:40 PM

Wow, that was a total blow off at the end.
TattleCoin

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 11:33:15 PM

Wow, that was a total blow off at the end.
No happy ending or anything!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 11:41:33 PM

Question is: What other digital currencies is AJ talking about? Figure of speak? I'll assume he is not referring to 'alternative cryptocurrencies' from our subforum Wink
Then if he has 'researched it' and has nothing to respond except 'isn't it denominated in USD in the end?'. 

Btw you responded wrong to that, instead say it is denominated on its own but you can buy it for usd like you buy gold.
heavyb

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2011, 11:54:20 PM

I am a big alex jones fan!

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 12:21:13 AM

I don't think AJ will get it. As much as he rants against the mainstream, his methods and underlying motives are very much mainstream. He may be against the government but it's only from a place of selfishness and greed. It's his business after all.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 01:42:35 AM

I don't think AJ will get it. As much as he rants against the mainstream, his methods and underlying motives are very much mainstream. He may be against the government but it's only from a place of selfishness and greed. It's his business after all.

I'm not a fan of AJ at all. But come on, you think he was was like, okay, I want to make money talking on the radio, lemme pick a topic that'll make me a lot of money, I know, anti-gov rhetoric, those people are numerous and wealthy.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 01:51:48 AM

I'm not a fan of AJ at all. But come on, you think he was was like, okay, I want to make money talking on the radio, lemme pick a topic that'll make me a lot of money, I know, anti-gov rhetoric, those people are numerous and wealthy.

More like numerous, stupid, and easy to manipulate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: