Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Mainstream - So we got Bitcoin on Alex Jones. [Link Inside]  (Read 4506 times)
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 02:08:21 AM

I don't think AJ will get it. As much as he rants against the mainstream, his methods and underlying motives are very much mainstream. He may be against the government but it's only from a place of selfishness and greed. It's his business after all.

I'm not a fan of AJ at all. But come on, you think he was was like, okay, I want to make money talking on the radio, lemme pick a topic that'll make me a lot of money, I know, anti-gov rhetoric, those people are numerous and wealthy.
I doubt he started out with that intention but these things have a way of evolving. Where once his anger may have been the motivator, with success and finding a niche that pays, the focus can change. I don't really follow him but I do sometimes catch a youtube clip or two. There's a tendency amongst these folks to think if something is wrong, then everything must be wrong. As a result if they have an answer to something, it becomes the answer to everything. The more you invest in an idea the more you reject outside ideas.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:10:51 AM

I don't have a single snide remark to make on this thread.

Congratulations, Atlas. Right, wrong, or indifferent on how it went, it was a hell of lot more than I've done to date for Bitcoin (with the exception of help crackin' a couple rouge exchanges). My hat goes off to you. Yes, after listening, I could have easily chime in with the choir, echoing the negatives, but I feel it more important to ignore that sentiment and offer up a thanks from me and any other Bitcoiners too ashame to say so themselves.

I offer no apologies for anything I may have posted against you in the past, or in the future, unless an apology is warranted.

Once again, this is a stand alone post thanking you for your service.

If any others feel the same way, but choose to withhold comment, a simple +1 will suffice.

Sincerely, Bruno

Dude I love your sig pic.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 02:31:59 AM

I don't have a single snide remark to make on this thread.

Congratulations, Atlas. Right, wrong, or indifferent on how it went, it was a hell of lot more than I've done to date for Bitcoin (with the exception of help crackin' a couple rouge exchanges). My hat goes off to you. Yes, after listening, I could have easily chime in with the choir, echoing the negatives, but I feel it more important to ignore that sentiment and offer up a thanks from me and any other Bitcoiners too ashame to say so themselves.

I offer no apologies for anything I may have posted against you in the past, or in the future, unless an apology is warranted.

Once again, this is a stand alone post thanking you for your service.

If any others feel the same way, but choose to withhold comment, a simple +1 will suffice.

Sincerely, Bruno

Dude I love your sig pic.

Not my sig. Just used it first time for that post to show a smile for Atlas. That SOB is today's Bitcoin Hero in my book.

Bruno
hmongotaku

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 02:34:34 AM

not gonna listen to this blowhard but did he give bitcions a positive review? hopefully the exchange can go up.

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:38:09 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 02:51:11 AM by netrin

Hey Atlas, good job. I'm not an AJ fan but we welcome all the crazies into our fold. The more the merrier. Cheers!

Here's Atlas' 2 minute clip (mp3)

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
ineededausername

Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:08:16 AM

not gonna listen to this blowhard but did he give bitcions a positive review? hopefully the exchange can go up.

lol... yes he did. Or did he? "Very interesting," he said.

(BFL)^2 < 0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 03:11:47 AM

I've got a new theory: If btc would need to depend on a positive review from AJ then it would be dead  Sad
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:15:04 AM

Stunts like this only serve to make bitcoin look like the currency in the Looney bin, focused efforts on well planned outreach and the construction of new business and enterprise to take advantage of this new economy is what's needed.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 01:59:12 PM

Nice job! Alex Jones didn't have much time to get into it which is why he had to end the call, but he described it as very interesting and said he should get someone to take a closer look at it. That's as good as you can hope for in a call-in radio comment.
Shortline

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:06:43 PM

Jones: ...the globalist's want to hold us hostage with the currencies they're debasing, uhhh, as a form of economic warfare.

long pause

Emmanuel: Definitely.

Whatever. You don't even sound like you believe the pandering bullshit that comes out of your mouth, dude.

Way to push bitcoin just a touch further into irrelevancy.

Keep it up.

ineededausername

Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:07:47 PM

Jones: ...the globalist's want to hold us hostage with the currencies they're debasing, uhhh, as a form of economic warfare.

long pause

Emmanuel: Definitely.

Whatever. You don't even sound like you believe the pandering bullshit that comes out of your mouth, dude.

Way to push bitcoin just a touch further into irrelevancy.

Keep it up.

+1

(BFL)^2 < 0
Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:21:24 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2011, 04:57:56 PM by Richard Rahl

Stunts like this only serve to make bitcoin look like the currency in the Looney bin, focused efforts on well planned outreach and the construction of new business and enterprise to take advantage of this new economy is what's needed.

If Bitcoin was slightly more well known, I would agree with you totally and I do agree with you a little bit.

But the fact is, whether he made it look like a currency of a looney bin or not, he got the name out there. Right now, that's what's needed more than anything. People just need to know about it regardless of how they know.

Plus, there is there is a huge portion of Bitcoin that probably deserves to be in the looney bin anyway. Too many people are seeing it as a method of subverting the government, or being an anarchist currency, than really seeing the big picture of it just being a standard form of internet currency for E-Commerce. If you want to bring it out of the looney bin, start working on this here, rather than pretending like it doesn't exist. You see it everywhere around these forums. Normal people don't give a shit about being anonymous. Normal people don't give a shit about subverting the government.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:27:13 PM

Good job Immanuel. It was short but the word is out. 79 new member on bitcointalk yesterday (the most in october).
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 03:57:33 PM

Plus, there is there is a huge portion of Bitcoin he probably deserves to be in the looney bin anyway. Too many people are seeing it as a method of subverting the government, or being an anarchist currency, than really seeing the big picture of it just being a standard form of internet currency for E-Commerce. If you want to bring it out of the looney bin, start working on this here, rather than pretending like it doesn't exist. You see it everywhere around these forums. Normal people don't give a shit about being anonymous. Normal people don't give a shit about subverting the government.
Good point.

But the thing is that the political implications of bitcoin swing widely with popularity. The standard form as E-Commerce currency only fits within the medium success scenario.
If it is less successful it would be a nice product for said types but if it is more successful it would change the world.
That said to sell bitcoin as something which can change the world we must first get it to be accepted with medium success.

Can we agree that all Governments depend on their monopoly of money?
Astro

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:00:56 PM

In what universe is Alex Jones thought of as mainstream?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 04:05:53 PM

In what universe is Alex Jones thought of as mainstream?
That question is so 00's  Tongue
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:15:14 PM

Currently or necessarily? History shows that most governments did not have a monopoly on the money supply. In fact, there is an inverse relationship between the duration of a civilization and its monetary authority.

I'm not too psyched that we're appealing to Alex Jones crazies in particular, but that Atlas expanded the potential user base in general is commendable.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 04:45:00 PM

Currently or necessarily? History shows that most governments did not have a monopoly on the money supply. In fact, there is an inverse relationship between the duration of a civilization and its monetary authority.
Currently. I don't see the necessity that government must work the way as it is today. But I don't think that I can follow you... the governments themselves do not have control over it now either they just provide the circumstances for a monopoly of the private entities called central banks.

This wasn't always the case but I can't see money being supplied according to anarchistic principles either, if you exclude short term local currencies.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:56:53 PM

I think it's pretty interesting how this big push is just so Atlas can improve his own buying power with the BTC he owns.  Once he dumps, will he continue to pump?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
fivebells

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:59:36 PM

Hey Atlas, good job. I'm not an AJ fan but we welcome all the crazies into our fold. The more the merrier. Cheers!

Here's Atlas' 2 minute clip (mp3)

Thanks for that.  Immanuel did a good job with the introduction.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: