Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Mainstream - So we got Bitcoin on Alex Jones. [Link Inside]  (Read 4509 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 05:01:20 PM

I think it's pretty interesting how this big push is just so Atlas can improve his own buying power with the BTC he owns.  Once he dumps, will he continue to pump?
Not everybody is in btc for dumping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:26:28 PM

@ElectricMucus: Note I referred to monetary 'authority' of civilizations. I won't argue the political vs corporate authority of central banks. It's not so black and white. Previous to Keynesian central banks, most banks issued independent (fractional) reserve promissory notes backed by a scarce commodity (typically gold or silver). Business cycles and bank runs were problematic and central banks with unlimited fiat issuing power, eventually backed by nothing, were considered a solution. It continues to be argued that central bank independence is a good.

These globalists Alex preaches against, I imagine, would be organizations like the IMF, which coincidently attempted to stabilize global prices with the SDR backed by a basket of currencies, not just the US dollar, until the United States arrested the director, Strauss-Kahn on rape allegations. Is that an example of the US Empire suppressing the masses or the glorious Americans defending against the evil banking illuminati or coincidence? As I see it, with the United States, Europe, and China bailing out every insolvent bank or government, markets rallying, gold falling, we are collectively applauding economic destabilization and nationalization of our financial systems.

Have those for whom the collapse is an advantage planned for further centralization of control or are they just taking advantage when opportunities arise?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
SMTB1963

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 06:10:14 PM

If any others feel the same way, but choose to withhold comment, a simple +1 will suffice.

I'm good for a +.6667   Grin

Gotta respect anyone for taking action to promote bitcoin adoption, even if the chosen mechanism is a little misguided.

I'd just say to the OP that IMO the adoption of bitcoin depends less on convincing consumers (especially the crazies) of the benefits of holding bitcoin or purchasing items with bitcoin; adoption depends more on convincing businesses that accepting bitcoin for purchases will grow their business and be profitable for them.  That means reducing or eliminating the problems/risks bitcoin currently has as a medium of exchange (relative to fiat/credit).  You might want to consider focusing your considerable energies there.

If you decide to go that route, be sure to keep your solutions free of any ideological overtones...it's a lot easier to convince someone to change their behavior for economic reasons than it is to convince someone to change their ideology for ANY reason.

Peace
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 08:54:11 PM

I'd just say to the OP that IMO the adoption of bitcoin depends less on convincing consumers ... adoption depends more on convincing businesses[/i

And once business have been convinced, consumers need to start BUYING.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
SMTB1963

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 09:39:33 PM

And once business have been convinced, consumers need to start BUYING.
Consumers don't need to do anything, except evaluate the pros/cons of transacting in BTC vs other currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: