Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Launches Crypto Gift Card Service in Europe  (Read 260 times)
Crypto Deep (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

Coinbase has integrated its wallet services with WeGift, a London-based online gift card platform, and now allows users to purchase gift cards with cryptocurrency stored in their Coinbase wallets. Currently, the exchange supports bitcoin, bitcoin cash, litecoin and ethereum, with more likely to be added soon. Based on information provided by WeGift's website, gift cards purchased by cryptocurrencies can be used in over 120 retailers that accept WeGift, including Tesco, M&S, Uber, Carrefour, Google Play and Costa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stefy77

Activity: 658
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:13:47 AM

Now it is understood that the way to spend are prepaid cards, gift cards, cards for various markets. Conbase is seeing all the ways to establish itself as a leader.
Kenthunan_rondo

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:25:12 AM

Now Coinbase now offers electronic gift cards backed by crypto currencies in selected markets in Europe as well as in Australia.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:41:18 AM

Gift cards are the best replcament of paper money,I guess. Grin
It would be easier for the people to adopt cryptocurrenices if they combine them with something they are already familiar with-giftcards.This is a pretty clever idea by Wegift and Coinbase.I`m not a big Coinbase fan,but they have a good expansion strategy.

geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:46:27 PM

So finally bitcoin adaption is going slowly slowly. with this kind gift cards peoples can buy products i hope Amazon and other E commerce websites will sell  their Gifts cards via Coinbase also accept payment directly as a bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. i will be happy when Indian websites Amazon,flipkart will accept payment via crypto, in all wallets Coinbase is best because of this reason many companies are doing tie-up with coinbase.
coinbase has reliable security, so far I have not heard the news of the coinbase being exposed to the problem of rampant hackers in many reputable exchanges, perhaps this is the reason many companies choose coinbase

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

Wow! This is great! I can now send cryptocurrencies as gift via gift cards Smiley I hope that it will expand faster not only in Europe but also here in Asia. I love it if my favorite coins will be added also on their list. Crypto is really being accepted now worldwide. More projects like this in the future Wink
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/25/coinbase-convert-cryptocurrency-gift-cards/

I don't use Coinbase, but it might be actually useful for people who don't want to bother with selling their bitcoins and withdrawing fiat. However, it is not a solution to lack of shops which accept cryptocurrencies.

Personally, I would rather print a paper wallet which I would put in an envelope and teach the other person how to move bitcoins associated with the private key of that wallet instead of buying e-gift card.
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:52:59 AM

Few years from now there will be a lot of people that will be adopting crypto. With this kind of strategy that coinbase and Wegift is exhibiting, they are also promoting the name of crypto by tying it up into gift cards. This will surely have huge impact on the performance of crypto market.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:58:15 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I think gift card is the best replacement of actual money. Now I am pretty clear they way to use prepaid cards, gift card in various market. Coinbase is seeing its way that to reach it as a leader.
Akmaral ( Akee)

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

Copinbase is trying to make their appearance more stable and clear to people by offering various services and Gifts. With this, It will gain more popularity though it has a leading Benchmark in the market. Gift offers would be really appreciated by American and European  crypto enthusiasts as well as us. It must give us such kind of gifts also.
SimpleBitMaker

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:34:07 AM

Yeah this is a clear move into the mainstream. I've seen a few projects around that center around giftcards in an attempt to give people an easier way to spend their money. It's a good concept for sure. Certainly would make more people think that they can use bitcoin.

I wonder what the tax obligations would be on that? How do they handle reporting? Or maybe coinbase is just reporting everything in your account anyway, and it doesn't matter if it goes out through the gift cards or not.
HEAUSUCE

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:13:55 PM

I hope Bitcoin increases more after long time. The big investors will come back soon to invest on bitcoin again. And then last of 2018 it will be approximately 10k$
ZazaG7

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

Stunning! This is awesome! I would now be able to send digital forms of money as blessing by means of gift vouchers. I trust that it will extend quicker in Europe as well as here in Asia. I cherish it if my most loved coins will be included likewise their rundown. Crypto is truly being acknowledged now around the world.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:28:12 PM

This could make a big difference to the acceptability of crypto if the retailer is aware, however if the retailer is unaware that the customer is spending crypto there will be no advantage except possibly as a money laundering tool.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:05:01 PM

According to me Coinbase has done the right thing of thinking out of the box and came up with such useful service. Gift cards are very convenient to use and unique too considering the crypto market. Coinbase has definitely gain more popularity due to this decision. Which is a great news for all the parties involved.
-Newera-

Activity: 196
Merit: 49

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

The Coinbase Gift Cards are really a great way to encourage new users to join the Crypto World and provide a first approach to getting in touch with the cryptos.
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

Coinbase is really doing amazingly well in the world of crypto. I like how they go about their operations, this is a great addition to their amazing services. I like how simple it is to perform transactions using coinbase.
HistoryVampire

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

I am very glad knowing this news. To me coinbase has a great user experience. It’s very easy for the new investor to understand how to buy and sell on it. Besides that they have a trusted reputation.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:01:17 PM

Coinbase has integrated its wallet services with WeGift, a London-based online gift card platform, and now allows users to purchase gift cards with cryptocurrency stored in their Coinbase wallets. Currently, the exchange supports bitcoin, bitcoin cash, litecoin and ethereum, with more likely to be added soon. Based on information provided by WeGift's website, gift cards purchased by cryptocurrencies can be used in over 120 retailers that accept WeGift, including Tesco, M&S, Uber, Carrefour, Google Play and Costa.

Coinbase online wallet is one of the most popular and secured wallet and trusted in terms of buying altcoins coinbase upgrade their capabilities to serve better to the users and this moves coinbase to become useful and popular again into the user's.

rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:16:36 PM

Another great decision and a step forward for the growth and adoption of crypto as a form of value reserve and lucrative investment option
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: