Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerning commentary on a private forum....  (Read 861 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 09:17:30 PM

http://cafehayek.com/2011/10/a-note-on-commenting.html

I saw this today, and I believe that it pretty well sums up the common moderation policy on this forum.  For those of you who read this post (which is about the comment section for Cafe Hayek, not this forum) and don't know who are the people that they are talking about, then you are the people they are talking about.  We tolerate your presence and ignore your ignorance, so long as you are neither unforgivablely rude nor vulgar.  No one should take our silence (moderators) as consent or approval of their opinions.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:17:37 PM

That post sums up my feelings on how I moderate pretty well.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 12:27:23 AM

It actually is against forum policy here to remain ignorant in the way that post describes it, but mostly because it's indistinguishable from trolling.

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 12:42:13 AM

When will the bitcoin community or even just the forum members here take presidence over not wanting to step on the toes of those that ruin these forums ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 01:19:25 AM

When will the bitcoin community or even just the forum members here take presidence over not wanting to step on the toes of those that ruin these forums ?

I don't think that you understand the point.  To answer your question directly, it won't, ever.  An ignorant irritant of a member has exactly the same rights to say stupid things as anyone else does, so long as s/he continues to do so in a civil manner.  We will not favor any one group of the membership over any other, no matter how you might look at it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:11:03 AM

I don't think that you understand the point.  To answer your question directly, it won't, ever.  An ignorant irritant of a member has exactly the same rights to say stupid things as anyone else does, so long as s/he continues to do so in a civil manner.  We will not favor any one group of the membership over any other, no matter how you might look at it.

I am talking about civility..

But it all depends on your version of it, I dont think its "civil" to continually bash people for being interested in bitcoin.

Maybe your talking about someone else .. ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2011, 03:18:38 AM

Here's my definition of civil discourse:

1. Never address the person, only the argument e.g. (you're an idiot, you need to educate yourself).

2. Never state the conclusion e.g. (your argument is false, your beliefs are stupid).

Nobody is perfect so there will always be mistakes made but we should all strive towards this if we really are here to exchange ideas rather than troll each other.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 03:24:00 AM

I don't think that you understand the point.  To answer your question directly, it won't, ever.  An ignorant irritant of a member has exactly the same rights to say stupid things as anyone else does, so long as s/he continues to do so in a civil manner.  We will not favor any one group of the membership over any other, no matter how you might look at it.

I am talking about civility..

But it all depends on your version of it, I dont think its "civil" to continually bash people for being interested in bitcoin.

Maybe your talking about someone else .. ?

I probably am, since I wasn't talking about anyone in particular.  If you have concrete examples to share, I'll consider whomever you intend to highlight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: