Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2017, 04:16:50 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out to developer of bitaddress.org  (Read 1678 times)
Anonymous

October 10, 2011, 09:31:41 PM

I have a few questions for you. I want to add your interface for the single/paper wallet. Mostly the way you generate those rows in the table with the QR codes and whatnot. I was wondering if that is open-source or not, because I would like to use that for one of my products.

Thanks,
macintosh264
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pointbiz

Activity: 429

1ninja

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 02:35:41 AM

Hi,

These functions are open source:
Code:
Array.prototype.map Public Domain
window.Crypto BSD License
window.SecureRandom BSD License
window.EllipticCurve BSD License
window.BigInteger BSD License
window.QRCode MIT License
window.Bitcoin MIT License

This function is not open source:
Code:
window.ninja
Also, the Css/Html/Logo is not open source.

All that being said, there's nothing particularly special with what I've coded on bitaddress.org

Could you tell me more about your project and I could consider giving you permission to use the code?

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Anonymous

October 18, 2011, 09:57:14 PM

Hi,

These functions are open source:
Code:
Array.prototype.map Public Domain
window.Crypto BSD License
window.SecureRandom BSD License
window.EllipticCurve BSD License
window.BigInteger BSD License
window.QRCode MIT License
window.Bitcoin MIT License

This function is not open source:
Code:
window.ninja
Also, the Css/Html/Logo is not open source.

All that being said, there's nothing particularly special with what I've coded on bitaddress.org

Could you tell me more about your project and I could consider giving you permission to use the code?

Check out bitcoin debit, the new e-wallet. go to bitcoindebit.net, and order a card, it is about $1 to make and ship it. The e-wallet is killer, but is just missing a few things, like mass bitcoin address generator, and I wanted an interface where you could press a button and it would create a perfectly sized page with rows of addresses, and qr codes. I ran across your amazing site, and thought that that was exactly what I wanted, so instead of fooling with it myself, I thought I would use something that is already perfect and tested for my project.

Thanks,
macintosh264
pointbiz

1ninja

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:27:37 PM

macintosh264,

Looks like you are making plastic debit cards for use at POS locations. That's a big task, good luck with it. I cannot say I understand the purpose... why use debit card numbers instead of bitcoin addresses? Why use a specialized POS terminal instead of a mobile phone as a merchant? Have you seen Casascius POS terminal demo thread? Also, if merchants are accepting bitcoin they may not want to pay a 3% fee... saving the 3% is part of the advantage with bitcoin.

Looks like the e-wallet is not live yet as I could not find a link for it.

Anyways, looks like you are trying to provide useful services to the Bitcoin community, so I grant you permission to freely use any code you find on bitaddress.org on your bitcoin debit card project and related e-wallet.

Anonymous

October 23, 2011, 03:56:19 PM

macintosh264,

Looks like you are making plastic debit cards for use at POS locations. That's a big task, good luck with it. I cannot say I understand the purpose... why use debit card numbers instead of bitcoin addresses? Why use a specialized POS terminal instead of a mobile phone as a merchant? Have you seen Casascius POS terminal demo thread? Also, if merchants are accepting bitcoin they may not want to pay a 3% fee... saving the 3% is part of the advantage with bitcoin.

Anyways, looks like you are trying to provide useful services to the Bitcoin community, so I grant you permission to freely use any code you find on bitaddress.org on your bitcoin debit card project and related e-wallet.
Thank You so much. In response to:
The cards themselves act as the e-wallet. When you go to manage your card, it will act as an e-wallet. I have been seriously thinking of scrapping the whole physical card thing, renaming the project megacoin, and using it as an online only e-wallet. There comes a time when your ideas die, and this is that time for me. Do I have permission to use the code on megacoin too if I do develop it?
pointbiz

1ninja

View Profile
November 07, 2011, 02:36:15 AM

I decided I'd open source the project, it's now available under the MIT License.

https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org

Good luck with megacoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.