Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official End of Mt Gox thread  (Read 12930 times)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:36:57 PM

It's so exciting watching gox now. I wonder if it will go under 100...

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krtek.net

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:41:54 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 05:22:07 AM by krtek.net

I caught mtgox doing bad thing and published it couple of minutes before the big fall: https://twitter.com/krtek_net/status/436386804372344832 and https://twitter.com/krtek_net/status/436492419811405824. These 4 trades were made by single SELL LIMIT 1 order which was suppose to create a new low. The order processing went up to bids over or equaling the low, paused and waited for another bid to be placed from another trader and finished with last trade higher then the low. I call it order sorting, I'm aware that this has happened before but it happend to me today for the first time. I've lost goxtools logs of that one, but managed to replicate the same behavior after couple of tries. Trading terminal is connected on Tier 1 network, dedicated hw, no other apps running, 100mbit unmetered. I've checked that my order book is up to date using all available channels and there was no engine lag before and/or during the execution.

EDIT: See https://twitter.com/krtek_net/status/436730953005006848 and https://twitter.com/krtek_net/status/436731507743657984
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

Whatever site you are using is crap

It's still 42k

Bitcoinwisdom and its the best site out there!

Obviously not, considering its depth is terribly off.
MTgox is currently under 100$

Also a lie.

OP likely meant euros, but we may soon be below $100 Sad
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:24:45 PM

i think one of the mods from BTC trollbox has 1.2 million on gox
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

gox 111 usd !!!

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:36:45 PM

I'm surprised to see the lack of discussion on the subject, on how the entire bitcoin market system will get a big hit in confidence, when MtGox turns out insolvent.
The bitcoin market system always had this halo of an open source community around it. That the community consists of idealistic and therefor trustworthy people. Those who have dealt with bitcoin in depth, know better, but to the outsiders, the market system has looked relatively honest. When MtGox turns out to be insolvent, and news will show things like how bitcoin.org linked MtGox as the main recommended exchange, then this halo will disappear. Bitcoin will be linked more as an tool of those "exchange" operators to scam people out of their money. It's funny to see how most seem to miss that threat.

because everyone on this forum is a wannabe bitcoin millionaire.
its like going into church and pissing on Jesus, and then saying "Jesus sucks, lets talk about it"......
you get? attacked!

bitcoin community as a whole is ridiculously dishonest, turned out to be very disappointing imo. As a currency its no better than "insert douchbag government currency here".

igorr

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

MtGox 111 usd, and what will happen when of these 500,000 Bitcoin comes to Bitstamp I can only imagine.

View Screen Capture

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:40:43 PM

fuck gox, lets watch it die!@

Bought you a beer bro.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
igorr

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:41:07 PM

500 000 bitcoin from MtGox willkill Bitstamp    !!!

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:43:06 PM

I'm surprised to see the lack of discussion on the subject, on how the entire bitcoin market system will get a big hit in confidence, when MtGox turns out insolvent.
The bitcoin market system always had this halo of an open source community around it. That the community consists of idealistic and therefor trustworthy people. Those who have dealt with bitcoin in depth, know better, but to the outsiders, the market system has looked relatively honest. When MtGox turns out to be insolvent, and news will show things like how bitcoin.org linked MtGox as the main recommended exchange, then this halo will disappear. Bitcoin will be linked more as an tool of those "exchange" operators to scam people out of their money. It's funny to see how most seem to miss that threat.

its like going into church and pissing on Jesus, and then saying "Jesus sucks, lets talk about it"......
you get? attacked!

bitcoin community as a whole is ridiculously dishonest, turned out to be very disappointing imo. As a currency its no better than "insert douchbag government currency here".

Internet, drugs, relative anonymity, non reversible transactions, shit tons of money much of which is held by mean spirited libertarian types who lucked out. And you were expecting a utopian paradise?
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

MtGox 111 usd, and what will happen when of these 500,000 Bitcoin comes to Bitstamp I can only imagine.

View Screen Capture

You realize most of these are probably people who had bids at say, $700 when the price was $900.

Then it went to $600 and they sold at a loss, bought back at $500, sold at $400, bought at $300, etc...

There arent 500k coins on Gox.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:45:23 PM

Gox Statement Translation - "Please be patient a few more days while we milk this arbitrage opportunity"  we'll give you access to your coins after we're done goxxing.
krtek.net

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:47:57 PM

Gox Statement Translation - "Please be patient a few more days while we milk this arbitrage opportunity"  we'll give you access to your coins after we're done goxxing.
My take: http://issuu.com/krteknet/docs/20140220-mtgox-exchange
Wardan_reloadeD

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:48:18 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/popcorn-yes.gif
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:17:57 PM

This may have a bigger affect. Didn't MtGox buy the rights to the Bitcoin trademark or something?

The community seemed ok with it because they were safekeeping it from abuse by a few other people trying to get it.

But with MtGox dead, they could start executing their rights to the Bitcoin name to get back money to pay for things or it could be sold in a bankruptcy court to someone who could use it to stop people from using the Bitcoin name.

As much as I want MtGox to go away as a source of constant problems, it may not be the best result.

Best thing would be for a competent business organization to buy them out and run things professionally.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:38:42 PM

Quoting this article solely because the bolded & italicized sentence was inadvertently awesome.  When all the dust has settled, I think "to Touch the Pink Cow" needs to become a euphemism for having a massively successful business -- with almost literally a license to print money -- that you somehow manage to completely f*ck up and drive into the ground merely because you're a staggeringly incompetent douchebag with your head stuck up your a$$.

+10,000
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:46:27 PM

you get? attacked!

Internet, drugs, relative anonymity, non reversible transactions, shit tons of money much of which is held by mean spirited libertarian types who lucked out. And you were expecting a utopian paradise?

yeah, actually was. Now that I look back it was probably stupid and naive. But at the time I initially got in I really thought it could be something.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:48:20 PM

So more people flew to Japan and someone threatened to kick Kraples ass? Am I reading that correctly?
this week we have experienced some
security problems, and as a result we had to relocate MtGox to our previous office building
in Shibuya
https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140220-Announcement.pdf

Can anyone verify this address is real or they are actually there now?

MtGox Co.,Ltd. (Japan) has moved to the address below:

MtGox Co.,Ltd.
Cerulean Tower 15F
26­1 Sakuragaoka­cho
150­8512 Shibuya Tokyo
Japan
https://support.mtgox.com/home[/quote]

- aka The "DigiMan"
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:53:05 PM

you get? attacked!

yeah, actually was. Now that I look back it was probably stupid and naive. But at the time I initially got in I really thought it could be something.

The future is unwritten. There's a class of operators on the way to beef up the infrastructure who realise the way to make real money is provide trustworthy services rather than rip folks off.

As long as you control your coins and hang in there I think the overwhelmingly bad smell that lingers over Bitcoin will rapidly fade.
ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

So more people flew to Japan and someone threatened to kick Kraples ass? Am I reading that correctly?
this week we have experienced some
security problems, and as a result we had to relocate MtGox to our previous office building
in Shibuya
https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140220-Announcement.pdf

Maybe they were asked by the owner of the building to leave. Having protestors at the front of your door isn't good advertisement.

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: