Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:28:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you trust a ICO team that will not share fund raisng amounts?
YES - 0 (0%)
NO - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An ICO that does not report to investors how much they raised...  (Read 108 times)
e-networkassociates (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:02:05 PM

Has anyone ever seen that done ever?
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

No
I don't trust even the one displaying the stats so I have no reason to trust the opposite
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:09:49 PM

Not displaying the total raised amount is another red flag for me. An ICO be transparent and the companies activities audit-able for the investors to gain faith on it.
A project hiding how much they raised are trying to fake their raised fund to show it too smaller (for the sake of bounty participants) or too larger (to show themselves a huge ICO).
e-networkassociates (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:15:33 PM

No
I don't trust even the one displaying the stats so I have no reason to trust the opposite

I see your logic.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:20:25 PM

If they are not a privacy centric coin, I don't see a valid reason for a project not displaying how much they raised. If they do so, they are certainly a scam.
If they can't show how much they raised, they would not be able to verify where they spent the money.

kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:24:38 PM

it must be transparent, an ico launching a pre sale or the main sale must provide their investors and the whole community the information about the progress of their token sale.
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:51:50 PM

If projects are not transparent about the amount they raised to, it looks like a scam project.

e-networkassociates (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 06:33:47 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 07:01:09 PM by e-networkassociates

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know of any reference to a successful ICO that did not share fundraising data?

One of the ICO's I am involved in they have not ever shared any monetary reports and they will not make public the blockchain code until they have an exchange listing...

I think they will at some point see this thread and I am hoping that the community here full of seasoned blockchain and cryptocurrency professionals will call out such behavior.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Perhaps I should make a new thread asking for others experience in dealing with an ICO team that by all apparent public knowledge have taken peoples investment money and produced nothing (over a 7 months time period)
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:06:29 PM

It depends on who the ICO is and their advisory team is a. I know a lot of ICO announced fund raising amounts. However, after they successfully announced, they gradually erased the information related to them and disappeared, later I learned that they can control that number easily to cheat investors.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:15:32 PM

Normally most of the ICO i have participated in always shows their smart contract wallet address which anyone can easily see and know how much they have raised, unless they are collecting investing with other method of payments, like using other coins or credit card/bank deposit, which at the end of the day they will announce total been raised, but as for eth payment, you can request for the address and see how much they have raised.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: