Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox Multi-plaintiff Suit  (Read 68897 times)
CC23

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

Another German here - not as much to claim, just about 2BTC but I'm still in since this is a lot of money to me, also provided we don't see any positive news over the next few days.

I will answer your Geology questions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864879
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bei_neureichs

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:51:25 PM

German, too and I'm interested.
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:31:07 PM

what kind of possibilities are there to stop mt.gox (or any involved firm member) to use their OKPAY accounts? any ideas?

i´m sure there was lots of money flow to mt.gox over OKPAY in last days. there has to be millions on OKPAY considering how many people transferred money fron BTC-e to mt.gox because of low BTC prices.

Enjoy your life!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:31:36 PM

There are thousands of customers who lost their funds. If we try to sue Gox in huge numbers, they can't just ignore us.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:20:04 PM

Do we know if this has been served on Gox yet?
lucky7

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:17:31 PM

I lost 5k€ and about 40BTC. As I now googled about Mark and can see that he is just a prick with a background in PHP scripting and have no leadership competens what so ever, as I now see the amateur in lots of things. I regret that I didn't do my investigation on MtGox/Tibanne before I sold off lots of BTC's on Gox in November as the fiat has been there since then. I tried to get in contact to ask where my funds was and they said that it would go faster if I did a SEPA transfer. I exchanged from USD -> EUR, but no confirmation for transaction did come, just excuses.....So I wonder why did they kept running the business and who was answering the support questions, what was the strategy. What kind of people can have this in their conscience, to put so many people on the streets?HuhHuh
taiping

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:08:33 AM

Hi nmersulypnem --

I have been informed from Bingham that they are not involved with litigation with MtGox.
The email from them says . . .

"Thank you for your email. I looked into your request and learned that Bingham is not involved in this matter. Apparently a comment in a blog incorrectly noted that we were.
My apologies for not being able to help you."

Please clarify the name of the law office who is dealing with this.
Why be so coy about it?

fredayang

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:21:48 AM

Hi nmersulypnem --

I have been informed from Bingham that they are not involved with litigation with MtGox.
The email from them says . . .

"Thank you for your email. I looked into your request and learned that Bingham is not involved in this matter. Apparently a comment in a blog incorrectly noted that we were.
My apologies for not being able to help you."

Please clarify the name of the law office who is dealing with this.
Why be so coy about it?

I'd like to know the name of the law firm as well.
hickin

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:53:30 AM

A couple of things:

My dad withdrew 100 euro last weeks from MTGox and got them the 24th of Feb. and we live in Sweden.
So it took less then a week for him to get his money.
But I withdrew money the 12 January and they have still not got to me (1000 euro).

But if there is going to be a lawsuit me, my dad and my girlfriend would all like to join up with you guys and split the fees.
dragony

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:21:41 AM

Hi,
I've sent you message with no reply from you.
Thorak

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:55:55 AM

Can I join any lawsuit initiative too?
I had/have ~76 BTCs at Mtgox and I want to get them back!
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:38:19 AM

I think those of us in the EU should push for a separate suit because there might be money in the polish account. It will also be easier.

I think the foundation are also to blame if they continued to accredit the exchange as a gold member when they were aware of these problems.

+1.

I Agree that it may worth investigating whether EU funds can be claimed directly from the polish bank.

Anybody in the forum with experience in related legal issues that can help?

There are good options for class-action suits in the Netherlands. Dutch courts are often used for pursuing class actions against firms (since they assume jurisdiction quite easily), and its judgments can be executed EU-wide.

Any person that has lost money/bc because of MT.Gox's mistakes has a civil claim that it can transfer to an institution or fund, which then in turn can initiate action on behalf of all claimants.

Gush do you know where we can start? Any institution or fund in Netherlands?

A logical first step would be to first pool how many people with claims you can find to start such a class action. Then you would have to approach a (NL-based) attorney with your case. A fund could be set up collectively on behalf of the claimaints. Allthough no cure no pay is forbidden in the Netherlands, there are ways to circumvent this with class-action suits, thus it might be possible to find a lawyer/lawfirm that would work on behalf of all claimants on a no cure no pay basis (which means the involved lawyers get an x percentage of the total claim value if they would succesfully bring the case to an end).

Is there anyone from Netherlands that can be our reference there? What way is better to use to pool people interested in this action?
PM on bitcointalk? A private mail address? (I can do that if needed)

Im based in Germany and would be interested to make a claim in a possible class action suit but will wait a few more days before taking action to see what the situation is like and what chances there are to recover any of my losses from Gox. I dont think there is much there to recover though.

What should be done immediately though is hinder Mark Karpeles from fleeing the country. If there are any email addresses to contact Japanese law enforcement, I will send them an email straight away and so should you!

Polish authorities have shown little to no effort to protect the interests of (German) Bitcoin exchange customers in the similar case of bitcoin-24.com when a Polish bank account was seized over alleged money laundering charges (which proofed wrong). Till today no funds have been released.

But at least they seized the account...thats whats need to happen ...accounts and their records of Gox need to be frozen...subito!

or any legal case is futile as the money will be gone and traces extinct...as nobody wants to act, may it be a good idea to get the polish

authorities to freeze it on the base of moneylaundering...whatever...but that the scam just goes on without any consequences is absolutly

hilarious....BTC is fucked on this ground
ricolein

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:44:34 AM

I can confirm this. They told me same.

The thread poster didnt answer to some of my questions. I fear he has a lawyer (but diffrent than named in first post, befor name was removed) and dont want to have much participiants. Does anyone have contact to a lawyer / lawsuit in this case? Please post contact information here or directly to me.

Would be nice to hear from you.

Enrico
Ominub

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:35:27 PM

You can count with me as well.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Please keep us informed

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Stapleddiet

Activity: 89
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:18:52 PM

My hands are up from Australia. I have a tidy sum involved.
Mats8500

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:21:07 PM

I have 8 and a bit BTC on Gox left.

Valued at competitors value it's about 5000$. I think we should be able to join with a valuable amount of BTC too. I'd be interested in adding up.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

Anyone here also interested in joining the involuntary bankruptcy proceeding? This would at least get the air cleared with respect to what has happened, likely seize the Mt. Gox officers assets at a minimum, and return something (though it will take time).

If so, please see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487340.0
Plum

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:01:54 AM

I lost 155 BTC plus USD 5,000 deposit I sent to MtGox. Please count me in.
Ominub

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:22:57 AM

I have 8 and a bit BTC on Gox left.

Valued at competitors value it's about 5000$. I think we should be able to join with a valuable amount of BTC too. I'd be interested in adding up.

me 10 BTC :/ ...  I think the prominent leaders of BTC promoters have to  save the mtgox otherwise no one will trust to any BTC exchange and global in BTC anymore after this incident. On the other side I believe, that BTC price can go much higher if they will rescue this failing exchange. Dont want to speculate, but it´s still possible, that this outage of biggest BTC exchange could be a kind of intended manipulation with the BTC price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: