Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Useless Tokens  (Read 213 times)
mwaqar17 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:27:06 PM

There are a lot of tokens in the market that are useless. Is there any way to use to these tokens ?
In my experience there were some tokens that got listed before bounty end or just after the end of bounty. But there are some tokens that took 3 months and some tokens are not on any exchange from last 6 months.
How much usually we should wait for a token to get listed? So that we can decide it is useless token.
what is your experience ?
Ninellechka

Activity: 332
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:14:10 PM

There are a lot of shit coins in my wallet thanks to numerous airdrops which I used to join when I was getting acquainted with crypto. Actually it's hard to guess when a coin or a token will get listed. Usually the projects which got an extremely successful ICO's, get listed almost immediately. Though there have been successful projects, which have taken a long time over the listing. Highly probable they want to avoid the price dumping by bounty hunters or wait for the more favorable market conditions.

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
muncuss

Activity: 667
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:35:25 PM

useless token not determined by how long it get listed on exchange. some projects need time to finish the product they have before entering the market, so after the token get listed it will minimise chance to get dumped and not dissapoint the investor. those token which get listed into exchange immediately after ICO, with no product, usually get dumped hard because bounty hunter.

mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:56:36 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 03:15:53 AM by mastadonballs

There are a lot of tokens in the market that are useless. Is there any way to use to these tokens ?
In my experience there were some tokens that got listed before bounty end or just after the end of bounty. But there are some tokens that took 3 months and some tokens are not on any exchange from last 6 months.
How much usually we should wait for a token to get listed? So that we can decide it is useless token.

Usually, when joining the ICO, the ICO Token that is listed will have a specific plan and clear. If a project ends ICO, that Token is not listed on the exchange floors; it is a non-potential or scam project. So that you should research carefully about ICO then invest or join bounty campaigns to avoid scam and non-potential ICO projects.
cryptodigitz

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 03:38:55 AM

There are lot of so called project undergoing either ICO or just Airdrops but may never get to hit the market because they are dust from the beginning

XCT CLUB  |  xCrypt - Blockchain Ecosystem
▰▰▰  ▲▼  PRE - ICO Sale is Live!  ▲▼  ▰▰▰
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:16:18 AM

That's very unfortunate OP if you got useless bounty tokens. In my experience doing bounties I didn't receive any useless tokens and all of them were successful and my suggestion is that whenever you join a campaign, join a campaign from know managers which have high chance of profit.

Regarding useless tokens I got like more than 30 of them in my wallet and receive them when airdrops are trend late last year and early this year which I believe that will not have any value in the future unless we start volumes in decentralized exchange like etherdelta.
Tak bersalah

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:11:06 AM

If the Developer is still working in developing the token then all we have to do is HODL the token and wait into the market,
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

Most times you will not be able to know a successful ico and the one that will turn a shit coin. Some ico gives you a very good roadmap but at the end, won't keep to it which is an example of shit project  Grin. Off course I also have some.
Sermihal

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:24:40 AM

In my experience, the token comes after a month or two after the ico. On the stock exchange all come out in different ways it depends on the project can be a month maybe two weeks.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:20:51 AM

Really, at the market very huge value of shitcoins, which do not do any good. I do not know how other users use them, but I only speculate. I'm buying more cheaply -  selling you more expensive.
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:24:45 AM

I have a lot of these tokens - some of them didn't even manage to enter exchanges. Most of them are ERC-20 tokens and even in the Fork/Delta order list they have 0 orders. They have no value just collection value if have of course.
Samer-COO-Triphop

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

You should check the project associated with these tokens to decide if it's useless or not. if a token is listed on exchange but there is no real project, no one will but these tokens from you, so it's useless

ill buy token if i know the team behind it, i see project execution and delivery and i can wait to be listed 
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:04:00 PM

you refer to the more familiar coins that are new coins can be dangerous your money can fly its importance to honesty

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
crpytonation

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:31:34 PM

You will collect useless token if you join shitty airdrops and bounties.Just do some research before getting those free tokens
Those token are not even worth the gas to transfer
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:37:47 PM

A useless token is a useless token regardless if it is trading in an exchange or not, do not participate in their bounty campaigns and do not invest in them, many of those coins never produce anything of value, only invest in the best and tested coins but if you have a desire to invest in icos then you need to read several whitepapers in order to find a gem, that is what some people do with some very good results but the effort you need to make to reach that point is great, I know people that read 20 or 30 whitepapers and do a due diligence for each project before investing in one of those projects, that kind of work takes weeks or even months but the results are worth it.
Cayforu

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:26:54 PM

Not all token are useless both most of the token are useless. I don't know what makes the price fall below ICO price after the ICO sales  so is not encouraging to invest when someone can not get interest after the investment.
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:59:19 PM

Hi there!

Why does the price dump to below ICO price?
Most of the time, project have pre sales in multiple stages befor the actual ICO happens. In these presales, prices are lower(up to 50% sometimes!) Than the actual ICO price.
When a coin or token hits the market after or at the tine of the ICO, these so called early inverstors sell off there coins with huge profits even when the price drops below the ICO price.
This is a real problem, but with a good project the climbing will happen soon after. Always be very carefull with ICO's and check if they have pre sales and check the prices aswell.

Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:37:22 PM

I don´t understand if you mean by useless the inability to trade it or sell it. Or by useless the fact that they don´t serve any useful purpose or solve any existing problem or gap.
Anyway it is expected that way more than 90% of all coins/tokens will be worthless or useless.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
MaxKor

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

You should know that most of coins will die and most of them are created only to get profit only for their creators. When token will be listed depends on marketing strategy of project, some of projects are not intrested in listings.
Ehrakeziah

Activity: 217
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Most of the bounty hunters selling their coins immediately right after there is an exchange because they want their coins become money but they didn't think that it will cost a big dumps that sometimes the reason why the coins did not recover and become useless. Sometimes coins also die because there is no enough demand and there is no support from the project developer. They just create those coins for their own sake and not for the investors.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: