Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:00:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giveaway mega-thread with a little doubt.  (Read 192 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:55:21 PM

Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections.
I am a bit confuse about giveaway threads. What I understand from this is, encouraging members to comment on a topic in return of an incentive should consider as giveaway. And in this case the following topic is a giveaway topic.

Airdrop rules:
> You MUST register by fully completing the registration form here: https://codemail.tech/bounty/airdrop
> After registration, you MUST post your registration ID to this thread for confirmation
> In order to receive STPZ, you MUST join or follow the following CodeMail groups or accounts:
>> Follow @CodeMailTech on Twitter
>> Join the CodeMail Subreddit
>> Join the CodeMailTech Telegram Group
Asking to post registration ID for airdrop which led the topic to have 123 pages of replies If you scroll to the comments then you will realize the definition of spamming.

Airdrop Registration Completed.
Registration ID: ba3b460d-e478-41e4-8706-5f8825c983fd

Registration ID: f437f607-9576-440f-95a4-6bc09e03bd1b

Registration ID: 99364e72-bc68-40ab-9d68-6a2245bcd349

These are some samples from around 2440 replies. I hope mod take steps against this spammy topic (if my guess as giveaway topic is not wrong).

Archive for reference.

Now let's comeback to my confusion. If this is not allowed (giveaway thread) then how about bounties that are asking for proof of authentications or asking to post weekly reports? The posters are actually getting incentives (tokens) for posting those reports/proof of authentications. I guess signature campaigns are  somehow different though.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 11:58:44 PM

And in this case the following topic is a giveaway topic.
They're quite close but this one is a bit different. If a topic rewards users for simply "just" posting a comment and in return, rewarding those posters then it's a giveaway thread but if users are required to do some other tasks in order to get their rewards, then it's not a giveaway (based on my observation).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 03:00:08 AM

Good catch, I was leave my feedback there about it.
> After registration, you MUST post your registration ID to this thread for confirmation

Is it necessary? Why not use Google form ? It's necessary to spamming here ?

Op please change your rule and use Google form. Thanks.

Actually I will not consider this post as a give away thread. Because airdrop post is allow as well. But they are partially bumping the thread. Because it's not part of airdrop to reply on thread. Maximum ICO use Google form for airdrop. They can collect user id easily from Google form. They not pay if no reply with registration id. It's clearly indicate they are paying for bumping thread. And paying for bumping if prohibited.

Now let's comeback to my confusion. If this is not allowed (giveaway thread) then how about bounties that are asking for proof of authentications or asking to post weekly reports? The posters are actually getting incentives (tokens) for posting those reports/proof of authentications. I guess signature campaigns are  somehow different though.

No confusion about proof of authentications, it's asking for confirm ownership of bitcointalk account. I have noticed some case before that they some one submit wrong information, like I am submit your bitcointalk id and other details
 In a result you submit again that same form with same details, so you will be disqualify due to multiple submission. That's why managers asked proof of authentication. And weekly report is mandatory any how you have to collect. Also some managers using Google form to collect weekly report. Any how if managers think it's easy to calculate than they can required to reply on thread with report. We can't consider it give away or bumping. Because they are paying for report. Not for reply or bumping. You can edit your reply always with next week report. About signeture it's important to reply on thread due to confirmation of account ownership & check user details easily.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:54:43 AM

If this is not allowed (giveaway thread) then how about bounties that are asking for proof of authentications or asking to post weekly reports? The posters are actually getting incentives (tokens) for posting those reports/proof of authentications.
Posting giveaway threads, and weekly social media links outside the bounty board is not allowed. But there are some users who are lost, and they post their weekly reports on a topic that was posted on ANN Altcoins board which only add as spam.

There are two pinned posts on bounty section that allows us to post our weekly reports:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2284371.0
Anyone posting info from their bounty application (usernames, addresses, etc.) or anything alongside the lines of "joined X", "looking forward to getting X", "thanks for the opportunity", "filled out form", "signed up for X", "applied", "following / liked / retweeted X" when such data is not required or the requirement is against the forum's rules risk having their account banned. These are extremely low quality posts generate massive amounts of spam, drowning out any legitimate discussion these threads may posses.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3953664.0
Accepting signups or requiring proof of participation for tasks requiring substantial effort (e.g. signature campaign signups, weekly social media campaign reports, media (videos, images, articles, etc.) bounty signups, etc.) via a thread posted in Bounties (Altcoins) is allowed though.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: