Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto India - LAUNCHED!!  (Read 2278 times)
pandher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 11:37:25 AM

Actually its 100 members not karma's

Yeah i read it wrong the first time as well !
btw how much is exchange rate of karmacoin ..?

0.00002 USD per karmacoin. i guess u did not get the sarcasm that BTCIndia tried to bring Smiley
yes i didn't got it, because i seriously didn't knew about karma :p sounds Indian name though , is it created by some Indian.?
Yeah karma is a indian term. I do not see anything related to India on its website though http://www.karmacoin.info
Today i was reading a competition magazine and i read about someone from Jaipur launching a coin named as Laxmicoin ..? anyone heard about it yet.?   

Yes, the developor has asked the RBI for directions on digital currency. I think the developer will fail to give a professionally usable product and will damage the cryptocoin reputation in india(We all know our media). Just take a look at the website www.laxmicoin.com
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:11:06 AM

0.00002 USD per karmacoin. i guess u did not get the sarcasm that BTCIndia tried to bring Smiley
yes i didn't got it, because i seriously didn't knew about karma :p sounds Indian name though , is it created by some Indian.?
Yeah karma is a indian term. I do not see anything related to India on its website though http://www.karmacoin.info
Today i was reading a competition magazine and i read about someone from Jaipur launching a coin named as Laxmicoin ..? anyone heard about it yet.?   

Yes, the developor has asked the RBI for directions on digital currency. I think the developer will fail to give a professionally usable product and will damage the cryptocoin reputation in india(We all know our media). Just take a look at the website www.laxmicoin.com
Well everyone has their own strategy of doing business and even to deal with media. Yeah their website need some rework though. According to me if it is done right, I can see a decent success for laxmicoin.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:20:32 PM

Well everyone has their own strategy of doing business and even to deal with media. Yeah their website need some rework though. According to me if it is done right, I can see a decent success for laxmicoin.
It can get success but the problem is as you mentioned media, then the pressure of corporates and corrupt govs. and not accepting the change .. !
with the population of India if it get acceptance from RBI it can be a huge success

pandher (OP)
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

We have added a facebook page - www.facebook.com/cryptoindia

I am expecting some likes from our lukewarm indian community
pandher (OP)
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 02:40:32 PM

Its been 10 full days since cryptoindia.org came to existence. I had high hopes of getting sustainable joinings from our indian peeps. But no i was wrong, we only need a shitty section shoved down under the lower part of this forum to talk and post India specific announcements.

Well lets see
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:33:22 PM

Its been 10 full days since cryptoindia.org came to existence. I had high hopes of getting sustainable joinings from our indian peeps. But no i was wrong, we only need a shitty section shoved down under the lower part of this forum to talk and post India specific announcements.

Well lets see

Is there a specific advantage that your forum provides? I am aware of multiple attempts to setup localized forums, that have failed.

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:34:28 PM

Well lets see

Is there a specific advantage that your forum provides? I am aware of multiple attempts to setup localized forums, that have failed.
yeah not many I joined your forum the problem i face is that there are not many in cryptoindia community currently its very quite place..! and I can't find enough reasons why Indian members will spend more time in cryptoindia instead of bitcointalk, unless and until you have something special there ..!

americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:38:45 PM

Well lets see

Had you done market research before starting the forums.?
I don't see a need for a site dedicated only to the forum unless there is some "WOW factor" that will woo the users.

Otherwise, why would anyone join your forums, post there (for instance a trade deal) and then struggle bringing traffic to your site.
They would rather post it here which already gets considerable amount of traffic which even might get them some new customers.

Secondly, there is a matter of security as well stability.
A little bit of digging into how your site is setup shows that it has loads of DNS errors, NO SSL and hosted on (probably shared hosting) by crazydomains.

Some thoughts and concerns that would definitely affect the decision of the user (atleast if it was me).

My 2 Satoshi's!

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:31:16 AM

You cannot expect a visitor to bring another visitor unless there is really a WOO factor. Just an installation of php forum script and configuring it cannot become WOO factor. The success to these kind of initiatives comes due to community and networking factor than adverts and karmacoins Wink

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:29:37 AM

Most of the critique and advise you got is correct, so I will not go again with them.

I can give you one suggestion.

Start writing your own editorial, research based posts there and advertise them here and other platforms. Its all about content and community.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
dravobe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:08:44 AM

new one........................
amitrwt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

new one........................
what does that mean? would you explain?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
↑ UpDown.BT ↓  Bet on Gold/Oil/Currencies like a Boss ↑ [Thread] ↓
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
pandher (OP)
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:18:15 PM

Ok guys, its good to get more feedback and views. That was my original intention. I remain busy with multiple assignments all day long so get very little time for the forum.

I know installing a script is not the start of something huge, its how well we market it. But i dont agree that you need a woo factor. A prompt quality moderation team and a target group, these two things are needed to be successful. But only if the targeted niche isnt overdone. And crypto is just in its infancy in India. We have a huge market waiting in India.

Once more and more folks learn about crypto's surely joinings will be there. But as i said, i was disappointed with no interest from our desi janta

Thanks a lot to all of you
pandher (OP)
Legendary

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:20:18 PM

Well lets see

I don't see a need for a site dedicated only to the forum unless there is some "WOW factor" that will woo the users.

Otherwise, why would anyone join your forums, post there (for instance a trade deal) and then struggle bringing traffic to your site.
They would rather post it here which already gets considerable amount of traffic which even might get them some new customers.

A little bit of digging into how your site is setup shows that it has loads of DNS errors, NO SSL and hosted on (probably shared hosting) by crazydomains.

Some thoughts and concerns that would definitely affect the decision of the user (atleast if it was me).

My 2 Satoshi's!

Can i know about the DNS errors you encountered. It would be very helpful
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:45:13 PM

Well lets see

My 2 Satoshi's!

Can i know about the DNS errors you encountered. It would be very helpful

PM'ed you with the link to the report.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:07:52 AM

I remain busy with multiple assignments all day long so get very little time for the forum.

You lost the battle right there.

Regrads

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

I remain busy with multiple assignments all day long so get very little time for the forum.

Regrads

+1

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:14:03 PM

Regrads

+1

1. I encourage you to add more features to the site. Something like add integrated chat.
2. As others has suggested add some quality articles, newbie posts.
3. Instead of just creating a clone of forum script, make it as a portal which has features like inbuilt wallet, faucets & simple bitcoin games.
4. You need to invest heavily initially (either time or money), if you want to make this a grand success.
5. Come up with some unique ideas...
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 05:02:50 AM

No SSL though there are login pages and PM's. This is dangerous.
People do transact on forums, and sometimes even send out Priv keys. While this is a bad practice, it does happen.

Would be good to see how robust the build is.

The problem of building up a new forum account in a new forum is that the forum needs to last. Needs to have SSL, good web hosting, and a well tested software.
Anyone tested uploading arbitrary php code though any forms? Also, any tests done on how much load the server can handle, etc?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: