Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:11:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: Gox -- this is what we wanted  (Read 1702 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:51:00 PM

MTGox is currently under 100$

We have a time traveler here. 

Past or future?  Cheesy

oh wait, it's under 100 €. whoops

Time traveler, tell us, please, should we buy much Doge?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4536

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:51:20 PM

MTGox is currently under 100$

We have a time traveler here. 

Past or future?  Cheesy

oh wait, it's under 100 €. whoops

You were probably just a little early. No procrastination, I see.  Smiley
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:58:12 PM

you grade A retard idiot.

Quit talking to yourself.

OH SNAP

BUUUUURN

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4536

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

LOL

This trollbox never fails to provide hilarious entertainment, and the occasional snippet of insight.

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
thezerg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:04:53 PM

It is true that someone created this great decentralized commodity... and then we created a few simple points of failure in the form of exchanges.  MtGox has been failing since mid 2013.  An exchange you can't get money out of quickly and easily is not really an exchange.

It looks like the market has spoken with today's 50% collapse in GoxCoins, on top of the previous 50% discount.  I don't know how MtGox digs its way out from here.  Offering a discount on trades and maybe some free money to new customers just isn't going to cut it.  Their rather ambiguous 20 February update about having to move due to 'security issues' was a terrible move.  They've made the information vacuum go nuclear.  Were angry customers turning up at their address demanding their money back or something?

Agreed. Those praising the market collapse on MtGox don't understand that the same could happen, with some manipulation, on other exchanges too.
And then bitcoiners will be left with worthless digital tulip bulbs. Exchanges should be properly regulated and periodically audited.

MatTheTroll, Jimbo, BitcoinBobbeh, please stop spamming my thread.  (Wall observer is great for that)

Tzupy: I think that "properly regulated and periodically audited" is a slippery slope that can crush innovation.  Perhaps the most important thing regulators could do is give a free(r) pass for companies that move under X*10^6 (say) dollars per year, and almost no regulation for < 1 million.
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

It is true that someone created this great decentralized commodity... and then we created a few simple points of failure in the form of exchanges.  MtGox has been failing since mid 2013.  An exchange you can't get money out of quickly and easily is not really an exchange.

It looks like the market has spoken with today's 50% collapse in GoxCoins, on top of the previous 50% discount.  I don't know how MtGox digs its way out from here.  Offering a discount on trades and maybe some free money to new customers just isn't going to cut it.  Their rather ambiguous 20 February update about having to move due to 'security issues' was a terrible move.  They've made the information vacuum go nuclear.  Were angry customers turning up at their address demanding their money back or something?

Agreed. Those praising the market collapse on MtGox don't understand that the same could happen, with some manipulation, on other exchanges too.
And then bitcoiners will be left with worthless digital tulip bulbs. Exchanges should be properly regulated and periodically audited.

MatTheTroll, Jimbo, BitcoinBobbeh, please stop spamming my thread.  (Wall observer is great for that)

Tzupy: I think that "properly regulated and periodically audited" is a slippery slope that can crush innovation.  Perhaps the most important thing regulators could do is give a free(r) pass for companies that move under X*10^6 (say) dollars per year, and almost no regulation for < 1 million.

What exactly is your thread trying to accomplish? The shared opinion here is that Gox is awful, and should be allowed to slip away for the good of Bitcoin. It's what 99% of us think, and it's what you wrote. Nothing new. It's not even speculative, (look at which forum we're in) just an opinion piece.

I happen to agree with you - but it has been done to death and the brighter personalities on this forum are going to have some fun with you whilst I cheer them on.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: