Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are under 18's using Bitcoin?  (Read 3298 times)
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

How would under 18's with no jobs be able to afford mining equipment that sounds a little unrealistic to me.
Most altcoins can be mined on CPU (at launch) or cheap GPUs. If you have time on your hands to, you can be there early.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seafarer124

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:51:34 PM

McXNOW does not require ID for trading.

There are some smart under 18s out there.

Maybe, parents verify on an exchange and they operate the account.  I would use my ID etc to help my kids if they were interested.

Nothing wrong with kids being interested in finance.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:53:58 PM

McXNOW does not require ID for trading.

There are some smart under 18s out there.

Maybe, parents verify on an exchange and they operate the account.  I would use my ID etc to help my kids if they were interested.

Nothing wrong with kids being interested in finance.

Exactly, I've learned a lot about finance and security working with Bitcoin for the past two or so years.

Raya

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:57:50 PM

I would be willing to open a account for my kids if they were interested in Bitcoin and limit them how much they can invest so they don't lose it all.

DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:22:40 PM

I have 10 BTC and I'm only 15, lol.

How the funk?
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:23:17 PM

How?!
Kreigyr

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:25:50 PM

How?!

How not? Kids with gaming PCs + parents paying for electricity + 2012 = 10 BTC

sharkin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:25:59 PM

Why can't minors use bitcoin, it is money.  The only reason minors can't really get contracts for stuff is because they can basically sue for all their money back, so noone wants to issue them stuff.  Yes, its not that simple but you get the point.  
Anyways i'm sure we will soon here a story about some 14 year old spending all his communion money or some other bullshit on bitcoin and losing it from dumb trades, then bam public outcry against bitcoin.  
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:27:56 PM

How?!

I said I "have" 10 BTC, I didn't say how much I "had" Cheesy

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

localbitcoins.com

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Raya

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:36:09 PM

How?!

So under a year you have made 10 Bitcoin? nearly 6000 dollars? Shame you can't withdraw yet unless you get your parents too..

HorseCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

How?!

So under a year you have made 10 Bitcoin? nearly 6000 dollars? Shame you can't withdraw yet unless you get your parents too..

he could always go to McDonald's or Starbuck's and trade it with a cop
Raya

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

How?!

he could always go to McDonald's or Starbuck's and trade it with a cop

probably spend it on games and women.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:53:34 PM

Why would they buy? Lol. There are enough people out there with enough knowledge to create websites and stuff. Simply accept Bitcoins and a payment and voila.

And damn all these fucking trolls in this topic.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Raya

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

To be honest most teenagers are more up to date than me with technology and I always get taught by them on how to do things.

AndersAA

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:24:27 PM

Bitcoin is like cash. Anyone can use it.
It's a parent's job to keep an eye on their children's financial situation and decide if they should be allowed to trade/buy/sell.. just like cash.
A lot of parents should keep an eye on their electricity bill though:)
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:19:22 PM

All my children have bitcoins and use them.  All their bitcoins they have earned with their business or trading (no allowances and free handouts in our family).

The two teenagers use exchanges (mcxnow is a favorite right now), trade stocks, mine, buy things for themselves, have sold for cash a few times P2P, and given out loans (small amounts in all these categories).

The bulk of all their savings and transactions are done with btc.  About the only thing they use cash for is when I need to borrow some from them (and they charge me interest payable in btc if I don't pay them back quickly).

They also know our their CPA and have met with him in his office on occasion.  We aren't rich or anything, just that they need to learn this stuff if they want to be independent, functioning slaves members of society.

There is a lot of parental involvement, but they are pretty much on their own.  Like when I get home from work one of the first things I sometimes ask is "how was your trading today?" or once a month I might ask "are those miners still running?"

My favorite thing about bitcoin is that it has pricked their interests in tech stuff and now when I have an IT question I can just ask them instead of calling someone.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:28:20 PM

All my children have bitcoins and use them.  All their bitcoins they have earned with their business or trading (no allowances and free handouts in our family).

The two teenagers use exchanges (mcxnow is a favorite right now), trade stocks, mine, buy things for themselves, have sold for cash a few times P2P, and given out loans (small amounts in all these categories).

The bulk of all their savings and transactions are done with btc.  About the only thing they use cash for is when I need to borrow some from them (and they charge me interest payable in btc if I don't pay them back quickly).

They also know our their CPA and have met with him in his office on occasion.  We aren't rich or anything, just that they need to learn this stuff if they want to be independent, functioning slaves members of society.

There is a lot of parental involvement, but they are pretty much on their own.  Like when I get home from work one of the first things I sometimes ask is "how was your trading today?" or once a month I might ask "are those miners still running?"

My favorite thing about bitcoin is that it has pricked their interests in tech stuff and now when I have an IT question I can just ask them instead of calling someone.

I like you Cheesy

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:38:05 PM

You really are a awesome guy/gal for doing that for your children good job.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:11:35 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 07:23:52 PM by BurtW

Bullshit.  I trade BTC with anyone - except cops trying to do a sting.  There is nothing preventing my 5 year old from owning, buying or selling BTC.  In fact I gave her a few physical BTC for her allowance when they were about $5 and, wisely, she put them in her savings and has held on to them and still has them.

We have taught her to split her allowance into three parts:  savings, spending and sharing.  On her own she decided to do 25% sharing (donations to the things she believes in), 25% spending (candy, barbies, etc.) and 50% savings (she says "for college").

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: