Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:47:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are under 18's using Bitcoin?  (Read 3307 times)
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:57:13 PM

I keep seeing people claiming to be well under 18 and claiming they have made a decent amount of Bitcoin yet how can they? They can't purchase from any excahnge because you need to be 18 in order to sign a legal contract and buy from any exchange.

So they are lying unless they sell services but they have no experince in most things sorry for the rant but its annoying when people claim to be young and have enough experince to make well over 50 Bitcoin in such a short period of time without buying from a exchange.

Who really cares what someone says they made or didnt make.  Don't worry about others too much.

With that said,  it wouldn't be hard at all to get bitcoins if youre under 18.  It's like saying "how the hell are all these kids under 21 drinking beer?!!?!"  Smiley .  If there's something like an exchange where you need ID or to be a certain age, it's not that unthinkable that many kids have parents, relatives, or friends that would help them get an account.  I know I had an account on a sports gambling site when I was teenager thanks to having older brothers who were fine with me gambling my own money away.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

How can they? Register a 3rd party account with their bank account and info.
Nobody has to know.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:52:32 AM

unless they sell services but they have no experince in most things sorry for the rant but its annoying when people claim to be young and have enough experince to make well over 50 Bitcoin in such a short period of time without buying from a exchange.

This is most perplexing. There are so many teens with entrepreneurial spirit, most definitely capable of putting together a website or 3.

Just one example: Zhou Tong. Made truckloads out of Bitcoinica, and has moved on to domain registration and other businesses. Some people may hate him, but you can't deny he made tons of money before his 18th birthday.
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:03:17 AM

I keep seeing people claiming to be well under 18 and claiming they have made a decent amount of Bitcoin yet how can they? They can't purchase from any excahnge because you need to be 18 in order to sign a legal contract and buy from any exchange.

So they are lying unless they sell services but they have no experince in most things sorry for the rant but its annoying when people claim to be young and have enough experince to make well over 50 Bitcoin in such a short period of time without buying from a exchange.

You just use  Grin its not big matter no rules on it
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:04:47 AM

There is going to be a "Kids Panel" at the Texas Bitcoin Convention.  Don't have all the details on that yet, but one of my boys will be on the panel.

http://texasbitcoinconference.com/schedule

Now he is trying to figure out what type of government ID he needs to have for the plane ride since he just realized his passport is expired.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:05:07 AM

anyone regarldless of age should be able to use bitcoin. fuck regulations.
dope

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:36:47 AM

Every way we get them other than exchanges. Mining, localbitcoins, forum exchanges, etc. Or just have parent sign up for exchange and use the account
tropicalmonsoon

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:41:19 AM

I'm 17, I just arrange wire transfers with people via localbitcoins  Smiley
ubuntuLover

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:12:11 AM

I beg to differ. Being under 18 means nothing. If you have a talent it is easy to sell a service such as web designing, art, etc.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:16:03 AM

Wost thread ever.

Not even kidding when I say changing the topic to the text below would make more sense:

"How are people over 40 getting a hold of Bitcoins when none of them know how to work VCRs???"

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:00:01 AM

Wost thread ever.

Not even kidding when I say changing the topic to the text below would make more sense:

"How are people over 40 getting a hold of Bitcoins when none of them know how to work VCRs???"
To which the under 18 crowd would say "What is a VCR?"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
addictivegaming

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

Why would it be illegal for minors to own bitcoin? What a ridiculous thought.

Also, there's a difference between what is illegal and what will actually get you in trouble. Having your parents use their identification to help buy you bitcoins isn't getting anyone in trouble and while legality is questionable, there's literally a 0% chance of it being a problem.

Of course, minors shouldn't be gambling bitcoins, but that's another story.

Remember, all of these laws are to protect minors. A minor who is signing a contract isn't doing anything wrong - the person who is having him sign it is the one who is the "bad guy." It's important to help minors turn into successful businessmen (while still protecting the ones who need protection) instead of turning them away.

lsoul

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:03:52 PM

I cannot believe people think they need an exchange to buy or cash out of bitcoin. I generate bitcoin by mining as well as buying low when I have the opportunity.  I then either put an add on Craigslist or localbitcoin.com and I get all the buyers I could possibly want willing to meet me at the local Starbucks and pay in cash face to face. After the mtgox problem I would not use any exchange. Just my e wallet on my cellphone. I also visited the open bitcoin pit on monday night at 40 broad street in new york city and sold some in the open bidding pit. Cash in hand on the spot. Exchanges are to risky and not private at all.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:01:24 PM

I had to close many accounts recently because in the pasts the entered age or details were not correct.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:24:42 PM

How stupid is this post?

How are under 18's using Bitcoin?

Like everyone else? Thread has no point, 0/10

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
M25

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

Like everyone else? Thread has no point, 0/10

The OP, Baitty, must be living in a parallel dimension where people live in prison until they are 18.

Or he's just annoyed to see under 18s doing better than him/herself.
dude is fine

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:16:59 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 04:34:22 PM by dude is fine

Wost thread ever.

Grin
People under 18 have almost no limitations in Bitcoin operations. World does not circle around exchanges Smiley
M25

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:20:14 PM

I've been trading bitcoins for about 2 years now, and never once used an exchange. Usually trade in person with cash.

I also buy and sell things with Bitcoins.

I wish I was 18 again  Wink , but now I'm in my thirties, and I don't think I'm unusual.
StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:24:04 PM

What the hell are you guys talking about, being illegal?  It is NOT illegal.  They could have mined it.  And they can sell on localbitcoins, without needing to be 18.

Craziness ITT

+1
Anyone under 18 with the foresight to see the monetary future should be encouraged and admired, not admonished. Kudos to anyone under 18 on these forums.

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:45:18 PM

Cheesy

LOL

In any disruptive technology revolution, expect the tiny tikes to know more than YOU! The very fact that you think BTC revolves around an anitquated CENTRALIZED concept, the exchanges and that it's impossible to legally own BTC without using them is a tell on your age. BTC is the concept of DECENTRALIZED banking. Even without exchanges, BTC will increase in adoption exponentially simply by people spending BTC. I bet you 1BTC that many kids probably own more BTC than you and know more about BTC than you or me.

This kinda reminds me of when I owned the world's first desktop computer. I nagged my parents for months incessantly until they bought it for me. They finally relented even though they had no idea what they were buying. Then, I had no money to buy sofware (much like these kids today have no money to buy BTC), so I posted an ad in a computer magazine (this was before there was an internet) offering to trade copies of software. Hundreds of people called to swap software. I'll bet you these kids probably mined their BTC two years ago when it was easy or if they're doing it now, they're mining alt coins for free with their parent's electricity then swapping them for BTC. There's a good chance the webmaster for this very forum is a 13 year old kid working on this site for BTC. You know, Bill Gates wrote his first million dollar software before he turned 18. He hid behind a corporate entity and hired adults in suits to do all the negotiations so people won't find out that he's just a kid.

You and I are probably still skeptical of bitcoin. I half expect the value to go down to zero. Our discomfort stems from our gut feeling that this is not "normal". However, kids have no preconceived notion of what's normal YET. So, if they're smart, they'll adopt the new "normal", Bitcoins. Their adoption feels comfortable because they have no other point of reference (central banking) if their first financial transactions are in Bitcoin and not dollars, which is likely because you cannot mine dollars but you can mine bitcoins, litecoins, and dogecoins. To these kids that grow up on cryptocash, pieces of paper with dead presidents seem "abnormal". Why are you using a medieval technology in the 21st century?!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: