Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE IMPACT OF MUSIC ON PEOPLE IN OUR SOCIETY REDUCING?  (Read 118 times)
LuckyDestroyer (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:00:23 AM

I am a geek when it comes to music. I listen almost to all genre of this art. I music not only entertaining but also, the art of musical always adjusts to suit your situation and moods. But with the current trend of our generation and I mean we the "millennials". The message in music is quickly degrading its positive impact in our lives.
Forget about the beats and styles, and lets concentrate on the message. Did our generation lose it on this one?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarvyDent

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

I think there are different cultures when it comes to different countries and different genres. Some genres are much more focused on the message than anything else. Other genres are more focused on the music itself. The most popular American music these days typically doesn't seem to have the most enriching messages. Was there really a time in the past when popular American music was so much better? I have noticed that Brazilian music traditionally has a lot of hidden meaning since the strong censorship during their military dictatorship. I think that the impact of music is probably about the same, but it's become much more diluted because everybody has access to an almost unlimited amount of music. People don't listen to the same things as much as they used to.
Dimon404

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:10:44 PM

Doesn’t music just reflect the ideas and sentiments that prevail on a certain territory during a certain period of time?
Weluxzee

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:53:11 PM

Personally i think the impact of music isn't reducing rather it's skewed to the negative direction
CuapCuap

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:49:06 PM

our generation does not lose it, it's just that the generation of young people today is very easy to be affected, if only they had more principles, would have been better. do not blame music, because music is self-expression, music can help calm the heart and music can help release the hearts and problems into the positive ..
HarvyDent

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:23:47 PM

our generation does not lose it, it's just that the generation of young people today is very easy to be affected, if only they had more principles, would have been better. do not blame music, because music is self-expression, music can help calm the heart and music can help release the hearts and problems into the positive ..
I don't think anybody is really blaming music for young people having problems. What do you think the reason is that young people don't have so many "principles"? Music can definitely have a very positive effect on people's lives. You have to remember though that there are so may different kinds of music. You are probably imagine one specific kind when you talk about music calming hearts. Do you think that heavy metal or gangster rap is good at calming hearts?
LuckyDestroyer (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:48:37 AM

I think there are different cultures when it comes to different countries and different genres. Some genres are much more focused on the message than anything else. Other genres are more focused on the music itself. The most popular American music these days typically doesn't seem to have the most enriching messages. Was there really a time in the past when popular American music was so much better? I have noticed that Brazilian music traditionally has a lot of hidden meaning since the strong censorship during their military dictatorship. I think that the impact of music is probably about the same, but it's become much more diluted because everybody has access to an almost unlimited amount of music. People don't listen to the same things as much as they used to.

Thank you for your input. I agree with you when you say that the culture and country matters. You know even in the olden days, the american rap for example Tupac used to rap about the suppression of black americans by the system and the police. At least he was talking about the realities of life and how hard it was to survive as a black american at that time. BUT NOW IF YOU LISTEN TO RAP, ITS A SORRY STATE, WITHOUT MEANINGFUL MESSAGES.
rccirfan

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

Music and society have always been intimately related. Music reflects and creates social conditions – including the factors that either facilitate or impede social change. The development of recording techniques in the latter half of the 20th century has revolutionized the extent to which most people have access to music. All kinds of music are available to most people, 24 hours a day, at the touch of a switch. The down side of this easy availability of music in the Western world is that there is a tendency for it to be taken for granted.
daringkhan30

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:53:31 AM

Music is a very powerful medium and in some societies there have been attempts to control its use. It is powerful at the level of the social group because it facilitates communication which goes beyond words, enables meanings to be shared, and promotes the development and maintenance of individual, group, cultural and national identities.
MirzaofDaska

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:54:51 AM

The power of music to act therapeutically has long been recognized. Therapy can involve listening to or actively making music.
HarvyDent

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:52:55 AM

Thank you for your input. I agree with you when you say that the culture and country matters. You know even in the olden days, the american rap for example Tupac used to rap about the suppression of black americans by the system and the police. At least he was talking about the realities of life and how hard it was to survive as a black american at that time. BUT NOW IF YOU LISTEN TO RAP, ITS A SORRY STATE, WITHOUT MEANINGFUL MESSAGES.
Was Tupac actually all that popular in the mainstream when we has alive? I got the impression that he was a little underground. He become and icon once he was killed. Maybe there is more bad rap now then there was when Tupac was alive, but I think there's definitely a lot more good rap than there was then. Judging by how you say "if you listen to rap", I guess that you don't. As I mentioned in my previous post, there is so much music available now. It may be hard to find at first, but there is a lot of great rap out there. One rapper with a bit of fame that "talks about the realities of life" is Slug from the group Atmosphere. I highly recommend him.
Tetew50

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:43:20 PM

Yes, now they never care about the aesthetic value in music and meaning in the music lyrics, all they need is music that can make them sleep and sway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: