Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US SEC Delays Decision on Direxion Bitcoin ETF Until September  (Read 1256 times)
PhilipCornel01

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:22:17 AM

There was a massive public response who were in support of Bitcoin ETF when SEC asked for their opinion. This incident might have forced them to delay the actual decision. I hope, the framework for the proposition is flawless so that SEC has no other option available than accepting it.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:59:35 AM

We don't know much about what's going on within the SEC, or whether they really are reconsidering on approving the ETF. I just hope that they really take public opinion into consideration on their deciding pricess. A month seems to be a long time already for the deciding process, and by then people can overspeculate and hype the shit out of the market. Whatever the results are for the ETFs lined up, it will be a huge deciding factor on where the market will go in the coming months.
DavidSalomon

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:55:24 AM

SEC has again delayed their decision regarding Bitcoin ETF. Hopefully, they will take into account the recent public reaction where 97% of the people voted for bitcoin ETF to gets approved by the SEC. If Direxion has proposed a well formulated structure which is fraud proof and sustainable then ETF is very likely to get approved.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:13:24 AM

To be honest, I expected this to happen because I watched videos on youtube regarding this and they all say that it will be delayed. Now the sudden pump of bitcoin in the last few days is because of the Bitcoin ETF. Many expected that it will be approved this month and they bought Bitcoin hoping that it will pump more (buy the rumor). My opinion is, lets just hold bitcoin until the SEC gives the decision.

SIGNATURE FOR RENT
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:23:23 AM

SEC has again delayed their decision regarding Bitcoin ETF. Hopefully, they will take into account the recent public reaction where 97% of the people voted for bitcoin ETF to gets approved by the SEC. If Direxion has proposed a well formulated structure which is fraud proof and sustainable then ETF is very likely to get approved.

in a perfect world that might have been right.
but I am starting to think that SEC may not want to approve anything bitcoin related at all. and that may even be for the best. people have to realize that we don't need SEC's approval of bitcoin to succeed. the real success is when they reject bitcoin and bitcoin grows.
so far in the past month or so they have caused a lot of fluctuations in the market which wouldn't have existed otherwise. we could have seen $9k by now if there were no ETF proposals.

Only Bitcoin
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:33:05 AM

Probably this was the cause of actual dip.
Indeed I didn't explain why this new bearish phase after last negative months.
MaxApple147

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

It will be really great If SEC approves BTC ETF. There will be more investments which will create impact on the price of bitcoin as well as other alt coins.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:03:01 PM

We'd all still be keeping out coins this is what will happen and the market goes on. Bitcoin will stay and nothing stops this train and I'm sure they'd figure this up by now so I might expect it to be approved though. Its long been discussed too. If ETF will be approved, I think the price may not really go that high like how it did happen last year.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
JohnLowry

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:47:29 AM

I don't know why they are taking much time. They should give a clear decision on it soon. Because i think this decision going to cause changes in Bitcoin price.
CharlesCorley

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:53:39 AM

I don't think BTC ETF is going to approved. But it won't be a big deal for bitcoin. I think there will be bad time for btc if they SEC rejects BTC ETF. But it will be recovered soon.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2195

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:25:09 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2018, 01:38:15 AM by Coin-1

I think that delaying is better than refusing Winklewoss' Bitcoin ETF. If the SEC would adopt this decision, I guess the price of BTC will grow significantly. That's why I expect a positive trend on the crypto exchange markets in September 2018.
BennieMartin

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

I don’t think SEC will approve ETF and I also don’t think it will create any impact. With or without this approval cryptocurrency will be spread in the whole world and hopefully be the common currency. Just wait and see.
TradeParty

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:06:47 AM

If SEC approved ETF it will help to rise up the market. But I don’t think without this approval cryptoworld would be down. Now it is just matter of time to see the crypto world raise steady.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:19:52 AM

Investment firm Direxion has had the review of its Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) application postponed until September 21. The news about the delay comes from an official document released by the U.S. Government Publishing Office July 24.

An announcement from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said it was “appropriate” to delay its decision, which only affects Direxion’s offering.

“The Commission finds it appropriate to designate a longer period within which to issue an order approving or disapproving the proposed rule change so that it has sufficient time to consider this proposed rule change,” it states.

The SEC requires to be done according to law, the issue of any decision should no longer than 180 days old. The ETF filing notice case was filled on 24 January 2018. Therefore the SEC commission had time to approve/disapprove before 23 July 2018.

There is also a provisional rulebook which states the commission can extend the time frame to approve or disapprove the proposed rule change by not more than 60 days if the Commission determines that a more extended period be appropriate and publishes the reasons for such determination.
regadly

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:53:30 PM

it is a very important situation because the approval of BTC ETC will definetely rise up the price of BTC so the market will be saved. I believe that almost all investors wait for this day
Lizzyflower

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:50:35 AM

I just wish we could stop having sleepless night over this ETF that is currently causing FUD in this space. At the right time, the concerned authorities will beg to approve ETF.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:39:52 PM

After the recent rejection our hopes are riding on this one now, there are still applications in progress so we shouldn't give up hope. These delays means they are studying the proposal thoroughly, and it is better than an outright rejection. We should all think positively

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:43:45 PM

After the recent rejection our hopes are riding on this one now, there are still applications in progress so we shouldn't give up hope. These delays means they are studying the proposal thoroughly, and it is better than an outright rejection. We should all think positively

This was never going to work. Derivative based ETFs like Gemini are not going to get accepted. They knew the previous rulings and applied anyway trying to push the same thing. What they were hoping for? That the SEC will get bored with the same proposals over and over and start accepting them?
The only ETF that has a chance is the one pushed by CBOE based on real bitcoin holdings. If this one gets rejected we can forget about ETFs for some time, which still isn't a bad thing. We went to 20k without them, so anything is possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:48:58 PM

In my opinion u.s. sec would delay or pospone agsin their decision and with the current rejection of other etf application from the past the chance of this etf application would ne slim. nevertheless the market seems already absurb the fud of previous etf rejection as it shhows no huge effect from the current price of bitcoin.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:13:15 PM

That's is was true US government delay the decision of the ETF i think have some technicality need to learn but don't worry bitcoin still strong without ETF decision all we need to do is continue support in bitcoin to keep strong.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: