Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 07:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Start with Python or C?  (Read 187 times)
merj99 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:52:00 PM

If you were a total newbie at programming and wanted to start somewhere, would you begin with Python or the C programming language? Why?
marssx

Activity: 575
Merit: 100

800 chaturbate tk on sale

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:21:46 PM

If you were a total newbie at programming and wanted to start somewhere, would you begin with Python or the C programming language? Why?
i not pro, and not total newbie. C is very hard language (very specific). Its not for newbie. Even c++ not easy for newbie. Python looks more easy, especially django or another framework.
But at first need choose, what you want: write mobile app, web sites, system programs... etc.   

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:18:08 PM

I deeply regret not starting out with C.

If you can find any project which is best served with C, I'd suggest to start out there.  Or with some other 'difficult' system language.  Unfortunately Python and the higher level languages are a better choice for the vast majority of tasks.

I am very thankful that I started out learning a little 6502 assembly way back before the earth stopped cooling.  I've forgotten it all and never used it extensively, but understanding things down at this level makes one both appreciate and understand more readily some of the mysteries of the higher level languages.

Best of luck.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Risoruni

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:44:20 PM

Definitely Python. Those few friends who work on C are already consider to move to something else since the platform has no future.
1. There is no possibility to work in the most perspective directions: machine learning, IoT, big data, scientific computing.
2. The percentage of vacancies is decreasing.
3. Microsoft. If tomorrow decided that Azure on other platform will be sold better then .net will be forgotten.

icovo   

████ The World’s First ICO Platform Implementing DAICO  ████
MileyPeardon

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:25:59 PM

Python. Easier but also way more widely adopted
Ghost251

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

I Think Try The Python, My Programming Life Start on Right a Python Code!
kudosbadazz

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

U mentioned the word "Beginner". Beginner would never know where to begin from. U usually need an expert

◢▬LIBEREUM▬◣ (https://www.libereum.io/)
—(••÷[ FORTES FORTUNA JUVAT! ]÷••)—
varun1022

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:58:25 PM
Merited by tvbcof (2)

C fosho, you need to know the basic building structure of programming and it takes you through data structures and makes you understand things which you directly use by importing packages in python.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:01:21 PM

Python is THE easiest language to learn. It's also a great language on it's own, and immensely popular.

What's more, once you understand the fundamentals of computer programming through your study of Python, it will be easier for you to learn the other languages, including C and C#.

Also, keep in mind that GoLang is another upcoming computer language, that'll serve you well. But, first, Python!

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:53:00 PM

Python would be best to start with, it is higher level language, so easier to use

NOTE: since 2009 it is the language taught for Intro Programming course at MIT

valkyrie_12Vl

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:57:47 AM

go for python, its more simpler in syntax than c and would give you more progress and experience since it is of wide use today.
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

I'd start with Javascript these days.

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
incryptico

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:17:05 AM

I double Javascript, both Python and C are too specific now, and lose their applications. I'd say they both are outdated and some of the worst languages to begin with.
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:40:35 AM

Yeh, and the beauty of javascript is that you can instantly run it to see if you got it right, no need to worry about compiling and linking and so on.

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
Atherus

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:30:54 AM

Python of course. It is easier and it is more adopted especially in the crypto space where you can get job opportunities in the remote field.
raatnak

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:19:47 AM

Im dont really know much about this sphere, but I do have some friends that earn money with programming and all of them say that Python is the best language to start with.
Michael1706

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

My friend is an IT programer. He advise me that Python is easy for a newbie or amateur. You can try it.
PrinceKael

Activity: 30
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:50:18 AM

When it comes to computer programming and software engineering, the language is not important. Many newbies always ask "Which language is best?" etc and there is not one single answer. The most important thing is just starting to program and learning how to solve real-world problems, starting with easier tasks and progressing your way up as you learn the syntax and different problem-solving techniques.

However, I'd say Python is one of the easiest languages to start off with and learn, it's also quite versatile and can be used for web apps, scripts, software, IoT, data manipulation/analysis etc. C is a lot harder, but definitely worth learning at some point because it's used in many applications and software around the world. C is crucial from Linux to 3d game engines.

I highly recommend both languages, but Python is definitely the 1st choice for beginners.
Lakad normalin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:23:10 AM

You should start with C language because its the basic programming language
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: