Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:07:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should mark Karpeles resign (or be removed) from the Bitcoin Foundation?
Yes - 8 (40%)
No - 3 (15%)
Don't know - 0 (0%)
Kick him out! - 9 (45%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Karpeles resign from the Bitcoin Foundation?  (Read 587 times)
Tzupy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:31:38 PM

According to cryptocoinsnews, there's a petition to remove Mark Karpeles from the board of the Bitcoin Foundation.
I'd like to see the opinion of the forum dwellers on this matter. I wanted to add a 5th option, but it would have been too harsh... Wink

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

I believe one of the main goals of the BF is to promote Bitcoin. M.K. has done nothing but put the blame on Bitcoin for his own failings. Such a person should not be on the board.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:15:43 PM

I believe one of the main goals of the BF is to promote Bitcoin. M.K. has done nothing but put the blame on Bitcoin for his own failings. Such a person should not be on the board.

This. He should be removed.
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

Whatever the outcome of the Mtgox fiasco, we know one thing for certain:

The guy is a PR disaster zone.

He lashes out when he should accept blame, stays quiet when he should talk, talks when he should shut up, and even then says completely the wrong thing.

For this reason alone, and there are many others, he's totally unsuitable for a high-profile role in the Bitcoin Foundation.

Now, that also begs the question: why do we need a self-appointed "Bitcoin Foundation" at all?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: